“Seriously?????”

Dining options: Reservations
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Seriously?????”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Just read the prior review and cannot stop laughing...Chez Porky's is our family's favorite place to eat, and that is because the food is consistently fantastic, the prices are great and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. I'm not sure when they last, "updated their décor," but I don't go there for matching chairs and new paint. We go for amazing food and an enjoyable night out.
Their wings are by far the best in south Florida.

• Visited April 2013

NYC
“BBQ needs severe makeover”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place has been recommended to me over and over again by locals - it's located in a depressed looking small strip mall with abandoned stores around it. I went in the middle of the day and it was crowded. As I walked in I realized I had tried it several yrs ago and was not impressed with the food. As I hesitated near the door the owner/mgr yelled over to me from the register....yes Miss? He was busy counting money and barely looked up at me-not very impressive, but I decided to stay anyway. I had to catch the eye of a waitress who was re-stocking things after the lunch service to get a table; she sat me and advised my waitress would be right over. I waited ... and waited ... and waited, and when this gal went whizzing by another time, I asked if she would take my order as I had no waitress. She then took my order with apologies. I decided to go with the daily special of bratwurst smothered in onions with sides of beans and cole slaw; it came with 'blackened bread' which was not much to speak about. The wurst was very tasty and so was the cole slaw; I think the beans were from a can, plain. Jars of mustard and horseradish were plopped on the table open and with community-used spoons in them. By having to wait so long for service I was able to look over the place and it is in desperate need of an upgrade - a Gordon Ramsay. Chairs are all different and some actually have holes in the seats. Everything is old and mismatched. It is obvious they do not put one nickel back into the place. Went to the ladies room against my better judgment and it was very dillapidated, broken down, sans door lock, and quite obviously not cleaned properly. The toilet brush which is in full view has rust on it; baby booster seats and all odd pieces are stacked in the narrow hallway leading to the restrooms. This place has not been painted in many years and needs lots of repairs. I do not think I would want to see the kitchen. And, very last, while waiting to pay my tab at the register, I had to get the attention of the cashier as she was gossiping with a waitress about a prior customer. Not comfortable eating there. Not sure why people recommend this joint.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank AR1189
“Just great food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We live seasonally in this part of south Florida and we regularly go to Chez Porky . The food and the staff are just great . We tried just about all their specials and we've not been disappointed yet .

• Visited March 2013
“Not what We expected”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I feel bad writing this but I wish the the food and atmosphere was as good as the service. Food was below average and didn't meet BBQ expectations. The wings though were above average. Also, it didn't feel clean eating at this place.

Hull, Massachusetts, United States
“Porky's Treat Tried and True!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and his brothers from NE visit Pompano regularly for golf outiings. Porky's is always a definite supper spot on their circuit.
As a couple, we visit Pompano once yearly and have also come to include Porky's on our to do llist.
The sevice is always very attentive. On our last visit I ordered collard greens with my ribs, they were delicious. My husband is a fan of the homemade mashed potatoes with musroom gravy, I agree and plan to get an order for myself on my next visit!

• Visited February 2013