“Great Food, Atmosphere and Service”

Sunset Catch Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sunset Catch Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 357 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Great Food, Atmosphere and Service”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was our second visit to Sunset Catch and a great experience once again. We had a group of seven for a birthday celebration and arrived just as the sun was going down... We had to request a table move due to the bright sun and hostess/ owner Nadia was very accommodating and efficient at relocating us. We ordered some appetizers, mussels and octopus ceviche. Both were excellent. They offer a great drink menu/ wine list as well. We were all pleased with our main courses, a grilled Pompano, Branzino, lobster ravioli, a shrimp and pasta dish. Service was professional and efficient. The dessert menu was limited, but the desserts we ordered were delicious and beautifully presented; a tiramisu and some kind of lemon dessert served in a champagne flute. We sat inside because we love the interior, lots of blues and white, some nice coastal accents and a cool LED type lighting system, a somewhat club- like vibe, but certainly comfortable. As a local resident we are delighted to have such a great spot for dining and drinks !

• Visited September 2013

Patterson, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Food was excellent, Waiter ws great. atmosphere was wonderful. I would definately recommend this place

Visited August 2013
Sarasota, Florida, USA
“Viva Mario the Chef”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am not into writing reviews at all. Though my love to people has moved to me to share the joy we had at Sunset Catch today. Because I think anyone who is capable of appreciating a truly delicious food should know this place and the chef Mario to come and without doubt treat themselves into truly indulging experiences. The appetizers price range is between $7 to $15, and main entrees between $17 and $37. We shared a dozen of the freshest Blue Point Oysters with horseradish, very yummi large mussels in white wine garlic sauce. We had 3 main entrees: a dish called Branzina - butterflied pan seared Miditerranean Sea Bass with spinach, Black Ink Fetuccini (home made by Mario) with mussels, scallops, sea bass and snapper a la Fradiavolo (authentic Mario's creation spicy marinara type sauce with larger chunks of tomatoes) and Catch of the Day (you need to see this as this was visual as well). We aslo had Bubbly Moscato, South Hampton Double Wheat Beer and Limoncello. Home made Tiramisu with with tiny chocolate and raspeberry lines on the plate topped our joy. Total bill was around $130, but oh boy.... worth of every penny. The staff (Joy Beth and Sasha) has been warm, welcoming, naturally friendly and attending our table promptly and courteusly. We were sitting outside overlooking Marina enjoying the breeze and watching boats coming by. The inside interior feels very airy with very tasteful modern decor and accessories designed and produced by ... again Mario himself. We live in Sarasota, but whenever we will be on Florida East Coast within 30-40 miles - we will surely take a drive to eat at Sunset Catch. Because to our taste - we do not know more than 4 or 5 places like this worldwide. Bravo Mario! Grazie mille !!! From now on - we are your devoted fans

Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Great waterway views, strong cuisine”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This new Pompano restaurant overlooking the Intercoastal is one of the best new spots for a relaxing drink or meal. You will not be disappointed. Takes Pompano up a notch! Well done, try it!

Pompano Beach, Florida
“A Real Catch with a View”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

One of Pompano's newest restaurants is a real catch. In my opinion, it has added some real class to the neighborhood. I was so impressed with what this Italian couple has done with the space. It is beautifully decorated and creates such a nice ambiance that I didn't want to leave. The staff was on top of their game; very friendly and knowledgeable. I enjoyed a lovely sunset happy hour on the water with appetizers that were phenomenal. I was told they make their own pasta and can certainly vouch for their authentic Mozzarella. Best I've ever had. I didn't rate this restaurant for providing the best meal I've ever had -- only because I didn't get to eat dinner there. I can't wait to go back and enjoy a meal there!