WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Houston's

Houston's
Ranked #8 of 345 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant a few times over the past years while on vacation. Every time we are there, it is a very long wait. 90 min! This was for an outside table. As it is first come first serve. We were told the exact wait time last year and it seemed to be taking longer so we inquired and " were the next to be seated" same thing happened this year. Sometimes I think people are paying off the hostess to sit sooner. The bar staff outside took forever. There should of been at Least 3 or 4 bartenders instead of 2 because of how busy it was. Once we were seated the food was delicious. It's really worth the wait. I ordered the pork chop which was enormous. I added a Caesar salad which was probably one of the best salads I have ever eaten. Key lime pie is to die for! Very pricey but you get what you pay for.

Denville, New Jersey, United States
“Disgusted!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Made a reservation for 7 pm at this extremely overpriced restaurant. Got there a few minutes early and stood behind a gentleman asking for a table, but he had no reservation and was told it would be a two hour wait. He slipped her some money and was told he'd be seated in a few minutes. I was then told that I would still have to wait 20 min. to a half hour for my reservation, while said gentleman probably got my table. I find this to be a reprehensible practice, and I will certainly never even consider going back there. Hope the chick taking bribes gets fired!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Beverly W
Rocky Hill, New Jersey
“Great everything :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

It was my first time at this place, and I was really not sure what to order. I ended up with Barbecue ribs, french fries and slaw, and you know what? The ribs were real good, but how often is it that you actually LOVE the slaw and the fries as well? The slaw was really original: lots of greens in it, and very rich flavor. The fries were cut as thin as noodles, and they were awesome too. This is how you tell a really good place from just a good one - when you find those every day things simply and unexpectedly delicious.

The service was great; I was seated outside at the bar (had to wander around for about 10 minutes and pray for the seat). It was a Monday evening, and the wait for the table outside was about an hour, so think about a reservation if you want to come for dinner. A little bit pricy for me, but you see that it's worth the money they're asking.

• Visited March 2014
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one of the best waterfront restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants. Its is perfectly located on the inter-coastal with a great view of multi million yachts cruising by. the food was very tasteful and one of a kind. I recommend trying the hawaiin steak. a little pricey but it is definitely worth it.

• Visited February 2014
Pompano Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

My family and I are very repeat customers. The place is always busy, but the service and food are great. I am never disappointed.

• Visited January 2014