“Always return”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have been coming to Pompano Beach at least twice yearly for the last 20 years. We always return to Houston's as it became a "once a vacation regular visit". no matter what time of the year it is you have no choice bu to wait at least 90 minutes to get a table (we usually go around 6-7pm).
the inside dining room is too dark for my older eyes, but the food is always excellent and the service as well.
A little pricey for a family of 5, but well worth it.
I will keep returning.

1  Thank Guillermo A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed December 29, 2013

its been several yrs since i have been to houstons..we requested outside seating but with a 90min wait we declined and sat inside...its always consistently good..and used to be a little more reasonably priced..this sat night i was sticker shocked...either I'm getting older..lol..but it was quite dark..even for me who prefers a darker dinning room..however...our server was wonderful...loved her british accent.,food came out quickly and in a timely manner..we started with the smoked salmon...wonderful...toast points an a dill sauce..my friend got the thai steak salad...he was disappointed in it...it looked good to me and tasted good..i got a houstons salad with the houstons dressing...it seemed to be a little different then i remember..but the waitress assured me it was the same...i requested bone in prime rib...great flavor along with loaded potato...i find it hard to pay $35 for it.. when i can do just a good if not better job in my own home...a good place to take out of town guests...but you must sit outside to get the full affect..

1  Thank xncman
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a delightful dinner. It was crowded but were able to be seated inside quickly. The prime rib was to die for although $35 seemed a little steep. The fish special was great, but the show stopper was the side kale salad. It was delightful and not at all bitter!

1  Thank chris w
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Houston's is a high quality trendy dining place here in Pompano Beach, FL. It's more of a couples and friends kind of place. It's a little pricey for families on a budget traveling with kids.

I opted for the rotisserie chicken with cold couscous salad - it was delicious and satisfying. My significant other opted for prime rib au jus sandwich with a fantastic peanut kale salad. The ingredients are VERY fresh and HIGH QUALITY. Very friendly wait staff too!

1  Thank OhioGals
Reviewed December 26, 2013

4 of us went to dinner. After being greeted by a very friendly valet captain, we were quickly seated inside. Despite being quite early for dinner, the outside seating already had a 20 minute wait. The french dip had been recommended by another group that we sat with during a dinner cruise on the intercoastal. Between us we had 2 french dips, a prime rib, ribs, key lime pie, and another desert. Everyone was extremely pleased with their food, and the service was great as well.