“Long Wait for Dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Rhinebeck, New York
“Long Wait for Dinner”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went to Houston's recently, with my husband for dinner, but didn't feel like waiting 2 hours to be seated. We stayed for drinks and appetizers sitting outside. The mojitos were excellent., appetizers, ok. Afterwards we went to the Riverside Grille for dinner, which was very relaxing.

• Visited January 2013

greenville, ohio
“Average”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've ate at better hi end resturants. Service was great and attentive. Food was average. Just was not impressed.

Visited February 2013
“Crowded, but there are many reasons”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Houston's is the best run restaurant I have ever been to period. They know how to produce great food, in a nice atmosphere, with great service. You never have to wait to ask for anything, like a refill because it already there. I have figured why the food is so consistently good. They have a manager that is only job is to inspect EVERY plate that leaves the kitchen. The menu is not huge, just the items that everyone asks for. Fresh fish, fresh vegetables, tasty appetizers, and strong drinks whether is is alcohol or iced tea or coffee. I go early in order to get a seat. Oh yeah, I forgot to say the view of the Intracoastal waterway is the best. It is even on the west side so you do not get blasted by the afternoon sun. Houston's needs no improvement, period.

Orlando, Florida
“Good food, but service is only OK”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was the first time I have been to this restaurant. Since I am from the Orlando area, I came here due to friends choosing it. Although we had reservations, there was still a long wait for a table even though we had checked in a half hour prior to the reservation time. Our waiter may have been overwhelmed. I ordered grilled salmon, but was served pan fried fish. I had asked about the snapper, so it may have been snapper. Since the waiter never came back to check on us, I decided to eat it. I will admit it was good, but I still would have preferred my fish grilled rather than fried. When we did get the checks (all separate since each was paying his/her own), I noticed my drink was not what I had ordered. However, the cost was the same, so again I did not complain. Since this is considered one of Pompano's better restaurants, I would have expected better service, and there should not be errors. I understand the need to include the gratuity with large groups, but ours were individual checks, and I feel I should have been able to decide the percentage, as I always tip well at 20%. However due to the poor service, I would have left 15%. I travel extensively, and this restaurant will not be on my recommended list.

New York City, New York
“All This & Vegetables Galore”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Pompano Houston's is the Best! Dine outdoors on the Intracoastal with outdoor bar or inside booths & indoor bar. Excellent cocktails & wine list. Whatever you get burger or great veggie burger, sashimi salad, fish or meat try the grilled artichoke or better yet order the vegetable plate, braised red cabbage, kale salad with peanut, couscous , it's a mouthwatering treat..frequent it once or twice a week. Don't miss it, very nice ambience & service