“Always good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Even the salads at Houston's are special. Toppings include bacon, cheeses, etc. Entrees are never subpar. Service is good but noise level can be quite high. Prices are hefty but not out of control. Not a place for a quiet, romantic dinner.

There are newer reviews for Houston's

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Took a friend to lunch today one of my favorite restaurants Houston's located on the Intercoastal Waterway in Pompano Beach. Boats have the opportunity to pull up, people hop off and enjoy a drink at the two bars (one inside and one outdoors) or dine indoors or outdoors. Their food is consistently great. It was a beautiful day so we ate outside. Kelly was our waitress and she was very friendly and helpful, introducing herself to us, replacing our water glasses when they were empty and was prompt in her service. I have many favorite dishes here, one of which is the grilled artichokes when they are in season. They are and were delightful. I ordered the grilled salmon which was accompanied by a delicious kale salad. My friend had the chopped chicken salad which is also a favorite of mine. We split the warm apple cobbler with walnuts which is so worth the extra calories we ate. Definitely a regular go to place and will recommend to anyone looking for a lovely dining experience. The place is nicely appointed, the staff is friendly and it's fun to watch the chefs work while you wait.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Houston's is a chain restaurant and located mainly in the southeastern US. I've eaten at Houston's in Atlanta and Boca Raton prior so I knew I wanted to eat here again.

As this location was closest to me, I decided to go to Pompano Beach. My GPS took the the long way around but it's just before you cross over the bridge.

There are 2 parking options: "Free" valet and self park. Self Parking looked to be a free for all so I decided to use Valet and tip the guy $4.

Once I walked inside, I was told of a 30 minute wait which ended up being less. They have an outside area that faced the water which was nice.

Food quantity and portion sizes are excellent. The Service at Houston's, regardless of location, has always been great and this location is another fine example.

Some may find Houston's to be a tad pricey but it's just about right IMO. It is a chain restaurant but not on the level of an Outback. It's much better so you pay a bit more for that.

Overall, I'd go back again to another Houston's even this one if I were near Pompano again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary at Houston’s (on the intracoastal at Atlantic Blvd) this weekend. We met on a blind date at Houston’s 12 years ago. There was an hour and a half wait for an outside table so we decided to sit at a high top table by the bar and get a drink (they no longer serve meals at the bar, only appetizers). They did not have a specialty drink menu, but the server suggest a French Martini ($12.00). If was fantastic, in fact we ended up ordering two while we waited. We had a great time talking and watching the expensive boats and million dollar yachts docking at the restaurant and sailing by. The time flew by and after only and hour the hostess came and told us our table was ready. The food was great (Biltmore Chicken Sandwich $16.00 and Grilled Chicken Salad $16.00) and our server Mike S. (456) was prompt, courteous, and attentive. The prices our kind of high but you can’t beat the atmosphere and the food is very good. We enjoyed every minute of our time at Houston’s and would still recommend it after all of these years.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Houstons is amazing and is 3 min drive or mayb 10 min walk and the food is fabulous. I love it, we always do 1 dinner there while we are there for a week. Reasonabily priced.