“Local Pizza Place May be / Italian restaurant No”

Valentino's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #59 of 364 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The bread rolls were excellent.
We ordered various Italian (4) dishes.
Our waiter made a mistake on one of the dish.
He reordered the wright one but the meal was not cooked properly.
The glasses and silverware were not very clean.
We ate outside with the pigeons.
Overall not in line with Tripadvisor rating for an Italian restaurant

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

While I've not visited the restaurant I've twice had delivery which made for a tasty dinner. The pizza is outstanding mine with pep sausage and shrooms , the stuffed shells were very good and the chicken marsala very tender with lots of tasty shrooms Also don't forget the Stromboli which compares with some of the best I've had.

1  Thank jccbus22
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I must say... the first two times, I dined in and ordered delicious entrées. Next time I had pizza delivered to my home, outstanding. The last THREE times I had pizza delivered to my home, it was just gross. Maybe stick with just dining at the restaurant, the food really is amazing.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We ordered to go after reading what seemed to be very decent reviews on tripadvisor. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. The order consisted of a caesar salad with broccoli rabe and sausage as one meal, and shrimp scampi as the second.
I have come to believe that a restaurant which is truly passionate about food will provide excellent bread with the meal. That was not the case here. It actually was more like a sugary smelling wonder bread and even warming it did not improve the flavor or texture.
The caesar salad was very run of the mill and was wilted and warm. The distance between a good, cold, crisp caesar salad and this was light years.
The broccoli rabe was properly cooked and not bitter. Lots of garlic which I enjoy. I added some red pepper flakes and it gave it that needed kick. Unfortunately, sausage often are precooked and sliced and sausage tends to take on an off taste on a reheat. This was no exception and the sausage were a bit off and seemed to be more filler than meat.
The shrimp scampi was average and seemed a bit skimpy with only four shrimp. My sig other thought it was a bit too much butter and needed more olive oil but that may be a personal preference.
So, for $34 it did not do much for me or my lady.
The owner and staff were very friendly but that alone would not draw me back again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We dined as a couple. We were debating pizza or baked ziti... I am glad we went for Pizza and a side of "Baked ziti" because when we got the side, it was just al denta ziti noodles. Nothing baked about it, no melty baked on cheese goodness.
On the other hand, the pizza is wonderful with a crispy crust! We sat outside with a view of Federal Blvd. nothing to really write home about.