“Maybe just hit or miss?”

Valentino's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #49 of 357 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
nutmeg state
“Maybe just hit or miss?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We ordered to go after reading what seemed to be very decent reviews on tripadvisor. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. The order consisted of a caesar salad with broccoli rabe and sausage as one meal, and shrimp scampi as the second.
I have come to believe that a restaurant which is truly passionate about food will provide excellent bread with the meal. That was not the case here. It actually was more like a sugary smelling wonder bread and even warming it did not improve the flavor or texture.
The caesar salad was very run of the mill and was wilted and warm. The distance between a good, cold, crisp caesar salad and this was light years.
The broccoli rabe was properly cooked and not bitter. Lots of garlic which I enjoy. I added some red pepper flakes and it gave it that needed kick. Unfortunately, sausage often are precooked and sliced and sausage tends to take on an off taste on a reheat. This was no exception and the sausage were a bit off and seemed to be more filler than meat.
The shrimp scampi was average and seemed a bit skimpy with only four shrimp. My sig other thought it was a bit too much butter and needed more olive oil but that may be a personal preference.
So, for $34 it did not do much for me or my lady.
The owner and staff were very friendly but that alone would not draw me back again.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We dined as a couple. We were debating pizza or baked ziti... I am glad we went for Pizza and a side of "Baked ziti" because when we got the side, it was just al denta ziti noodles. Nothing baked about it, no melty baked on cheese goodness.
On the other hand, the pizza is wonderful with a crispy crust! We sat outside with a view of Federal Blvd. nothing to really write home about.

Visited October 2013
Plantation
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Great service. Great selection. Great atmosphere. Great value. Great food. Did I mention "Great"?

Bread pudding is fantastic. Ask for an Affogato. Ice cream drowned in espresso.

1 Thank Batt1087
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“AMAZING!!! MUST GO!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our experience was AMAZING right from the start. We had a group of 8 so I called ahead and asked if we could make reservations. I only called about an hour ahead and they were able to accommodate us. We got there and the restaurant is not really big - so I do recommend for a larger group to call ahead. They have a good # of outdoor seating tables too.
The staff was very friendly!!! They were very service oriented and accommodating. We had two kids, they were great with them - but there is no kids menu. Prices were extremely reasonable!
The food was DELICIOUS. We had a number of things. I think almost everything is homemade. The chicken wings were great. The mozzarella sticks were fab - they were freshly made - handmade! They also brought out homemade garlic rolls - they were full of fresh garlic, but were delicious. We had pizza and pasta dishes. Everyone loved their food. They also have homemade desserts, made each day. But, we were too full to indulge in dessert.
Also, the guy making the pizza crusts is just behind the counter and you can watch him tossing pizza crusts.
The only thing I didn't like is that they had one tv that had a dvd playing (it wasn't connected to the live tv). The DVD they had on was The Untouchables and wasn't really appropriate for my kids. We just moved them to seats that couldn't see the TV. I'm sure if we had asked they would have turned it off but we didn't.
A MUST GO - if you are in the area. They also deliver if you don't want to go out.

1 Thank KFamMN
“Great Italian flood - neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Great food & service at a reasonable price. We had lasagne, spaghetti/meatballs, veal marsala & veal parmigiana. We will return.