“Nice Clean Hotel, Great Location for beach, a good week”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pompano Beach
Canada House Beach Club
Reviewed May 9, 2009

We stayed at this hotel (in the East block) in May & it has nice clean rooms although didnt have our bed changed much, probably once in the week we was there, the towels did get exchanged often though.

We loved to bbq by the lake - that made our stay very enjoyable...
No facilities/games for children.

Great location for beach, we would definately go back if in the area again.

Hope this review helps :)

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dani R

Reviewed January 1, 2009

Booked our stay through RCI. Frankly, not a wonderful trade -- just OK. We were in a studio on the first floor across the street from the beach. There was a murphy bed (which was actually fine to sleep on), and a mini kitchen -- a bar fridge, two burners, a microwave, a toaster oven and a small dishwasher. There were plates, etc. for 4, and pots, pans, etc. We were OK with it, just not thrilled. To watch TV while lying in bed, we put the pillows where most people would have their feet... the TV is located next to the 'headboard' area of the murphy unit. There is a Booklet in the room that is very detailed with information... lots of reading in it, for sure! Good thing, as the front desk staff were sullen and I would not have wanted to ask them about anything more than what we did talk about. Checking in was efficient, as they did not speak other than to inform us of all of their rules. Canada House has more rules than anywhere I have ever stayed! The internet was down when we arrived. The front desk staff didn't care -- just shrugged. Said it would be back up soon probably. We went for dinner, and it was working fine from then on. If you want a very quiet stay, this is a good spot for you. It is clean and safe feeling. Compared to many other time shares, it is a bit dated.
Also, a woman phoned us the first day we were there and indicated she was with Customer Relations and she wondered if we would let her drop by a voucher for breakfast down the street. We agreed. Long story short, this is a Vacation Club spiel. We indicated we didn't want a Timeshare presentation--she said it wasn't. She didn't lie about that, but she told us it would just be a few minutes to hear about a new website. In all we were with the sales guy 2 hours. They gave us $75 for our time--so not bad, but we went under false pretenses.
Make sure you have a car when you stay here -- there isn't much to walk to at all. With a car, nothing is very far.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kazzoo
Reviewed November 25, 2008

We just returned from the Canada House this week, it was a great vacation. We had unit 107, which was a 1 bedroom and two bath unit that could sleep 6. It was very large with a nice kitchen and two glass sliding doors looking at the lagoon. Since we were on the bottom floor we could not see the ocean, but we could hear it at night time. It was a short walk over the lagoon on a bridge to the surf. They even gave us beach chairs for the week, it was just perfect. Everything was so very clean and neat. The staff were very helpful even printed our boarding passes for our flight home. The pool was just steps from our room. It is a very quiet resort. We want to go back again. There was a duck that hung out near the bridge, there is a lot of wild life which I love.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank shakemartini
Reviewed September 23, 2008

We weren't sure what to expect because we couldn't find many pictures or information on the internet, but we were very happy with our choice. The condo was clean, roomy, and had everything we needed and more. If we needed something out of the ordinary like a cookie sheet, we could get it from the main office. The oceanview was beautiful, especially with the lighthouse as part of the backdrop. The beach was not crowded. I think this was because of the location and the private beach access from the Canada House. We checked out (no cost) beach chairs for the week and could take beach towels from the pool area to use at the beach. The pool was large, clean, and refreshing. We were worried that in August even the pool would be warm, it wasn't. There is not a lot in walking distance. We did find a restaurant and bar at one of the other resorts, in walking distance. Jet ski rental is just a short walk down the beach. I think there was also parasailing, tubing, and other water sports at the same rental place. We would highly recommend staying at the Canada House. Employees were also very pleasant and helpful. Watch out for timeshare salespeople, we were able to dodge them, but others weren't. Although there is always something free involved. One more tidbit....our favorite dining experience of the week was Bonefish Mac's in Pompano Beach (not Bonefish Grille, the chain). Enjoy your trip!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank pittmom
canadahouse, Resort Manager at Canada House Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2008

Thank you for your very nice comments about our resort. I just wanted to say that one thing has changed since you were here... Wireless access is no longer available JUST at the pool. Within days of your post, we had finished installing a system that makes wireless internet access available throughout the resort. I hope you will enjoy using it next time you come back! :o)

Reviewed August 3, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Canada House the week of June 15th prior to leaving for a Caribbean Cruise that Sunday. We exchanged our timeshare week thru RCI and booked the week there. I must say that it was a very pleasant resort, not fancy or extravagant but very clean, convenient to many restaurants and shopping and the staff was excellent. They were all very professional and courteous and were there to answer any questions. Although it rained practically every day during our stay there, it was the most relaxing and comfortable resort we've been to in a long time. Very peaceful and right on the beach. We will definitely stay there again.

Rob and Michele- Dallas

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2008

My family stayed at Canada House on June 21st thru June 28th. We stayed in a one bedroom unit that sleeps 6 people. Our room was located on the West side of the road (across A1A from the beach.) The bedroom was nice, but the sleeping arrangements were not good in the living room. There were 2 sleeper sofas, which in itself is not bad, however they did not lay flat. It was a cross between sleeping in a recliner and on a bed. The room is a bit outdated also. Enough about the room.

The staff was nice and we had no problems with them.

We used the pool and hot tub outside of our room. There are no glass containers allowed at the pool. Also there is no alcohol allowed on the beach.

This resort is located "on the beach", however you have to walk through a gate and over a lagoon to get there. Not that big a deal, but dont think you can look out your window and see the ocean from the west side.

All in all it wasn't a bad place to stay, however, we won't be going back.

It is also out of the way a bit from resturants and nightlife. We will stay in Ft. Lauderdale next time.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank AHAUGHT
Reviewed July 29, 2008

my boyfriend and i just returned from fort lauderdale last week which was booked through RCI, and i must say that i was very, very disappointed with the canada house. i would only recommend you stay at this "resort" (and i use the word resort VERY, VERY loosely. i've been to resorts before and a resort this is not!), if you are lucky enough to be placed in a room that faces the ocean; apparently, those are the only people who seem to enjoy their stay here. unfortunately, we were banished to our tiny room across the street. the first night of our stay, i was awakened by the sweltering heat, our ac had conked out in the middle of the night. the next day, i reported it...they sent a technician. the next night, same thing. i reported it again and asked for a transfer; the young lady at the front desk did nothing to fix the situation but call the technician again. they didn't move or upgrade me, i spent my entire week turning the ac on and off as the compressor was going out. the front desk's help was minimal at best. she didn't know anything about the bus schedules, she didn't know where we could stand to catch the bus, they didn't know anything about downtown or the surrounding areas....they didn't know CRAP!!!! the only answers we got were, "i don't know" and a shrug. if the canada house were my resort, you best believe that my staff would know everything about anything in fort lauderdale and the surrounding areas. they would skip, hop and jump to make sure my customers were pleased as punch as to not get reviews like these. but they were no help; they were unprofessional and more interested in completing their personal phone calls if you ask me. if you don't get an ocean side room, three wishes, a magic wand and you still insist on spending your vacation here, do yourself a favor and pick up a car immediately upon departing the plane. don't wait until the next day or minute, run to the car rental area because there are no regular restaurants or grocery stores in the area (as you are being led to believe,) NONE!!! you will only be able to eat at a tiki bar up the street where your bill will be no less than 35 bucks for a couple of appetizers and drinks. the canada house is the last resort on a very lengthy stretch of hotels and resorts. hotels and resorts! that is all you will see for at least 5-10 blocks if you don't have a car. don't get me wrong, the beach is great, and the area is beautiful, but this review is about the resort, not the area. drive down a few miles on A1A, and make sure you check out fort lauderdale's beach and the beach stretch across the street from las olas blvd, it's beautiful, simply gorgeous. i LOVED fort lauderdale, LOVED IT!!! it was the bomb, the canada house was not. take my advice, if you are not going to be in a room facing the ocean, RUN, don't walk to your next option!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank HOUSTONTRVLGRL
canadahouse, Resort Manager at Canada House Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2008

I’m very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered during your recent stay here. Unfortunately, I was not made aware of the problem with the A/C, but I do want you to know that it has been fixed now.

I am surprised to read that you were told that you would not need a car during your stay here, as our RCI listing says, “A vehicle is recommended to fully enjoy the area.” Do you remember who told you this?

We are aware that some people prefer not to be across the two-lane road from the beach, which is why we try to let inbound guests know the location of their units. This information is found on our website, and it is also included (1) in RCI’s “urgent info” for our property, (2) the confirmation RCI sends out to all confirmed guests, and (3) the letter we send out to all guests three weeks prior to arrival. We have had many guests who have thoroughly enjoyed their vacations while staying on the west side, and I’m sorry that you did not.

With regard to the attitude of the Front Desk, I appreciate your comments, and I agree with you that they should be familiar with the area and be able to answer guest questions. In part due to the problems you encountered, we now have a new Front Desk Supervisor. He has discussed your review with the entire Front Desk staff, and has let them know that this behavior is not acceptable. He is working with them to improve the situation, and will ensure that they can answer the majority of guest questions… and that if they don’t know the answer, they will find one, rather than responding with “I don’t know.” I am truly sorry that you had this experience, but I am grateful that you posted your comments here so that we can correct the problems.

I am hopeful that if future guests have ANY problems while staying here, they will insist on speaking to me during their stay, and let me know of the problem so I can correct it immediately.

Denise Luhman