“Clean Pool, Beauitful Beach, Family Friendly Resort, Awesome Staff!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pompano Beach
Canada House Beach Club
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This will be a lengthy review, but trust me, it will be worth reading and there are lots of pictures too! We had an amazing experience working with the staff even before we arrived at Canada House in Pompano Beach. We were lucky enough to visit the same week as several families who have been visiting the resort over the past 20 years! This was our first week long vacation with our 10 month old son and my parents. We chose Canada house after reading trip advisor reviews on what a great place it is for families with grandchildren and finding 2 studio units on the RCI website. As soon as we received our confirmation, I visited CH’s webpage and emailed them regarding a portable crib for my son. Brian, the administrative assistant, immediately responded that yes, they could provide one at a small fee and offered to help me with any questions or concerns I might have. He was great and even helped arrange for our Studio rooms to be on the beach side, on the 4th floor next to one another with amazing views. Whenever we had questions, he was quick to respond and direct us where to find additional resources if needed. The rest of the staff was also kind, considerate and extremely helpful! We will definitely return. This is a family resort- small, well organized, very secure/gated, clean and very child friendly. My parents arrived very late on a Saturday to check into both units; the pack n play was already available, the kitchen was well stocked with a variety of cookware and utensils, the rooms were clean; however, to my parents surprise they were given several packages of toothpaste in the room, but no coffee. On Sunday, they do free coffee and an information session in the morning; so if you were to plan on checking in late make sure pick up a small package of coffee unless you intend to go out for breakfast or make a trip to the local Publix first thing (Make a Right on E. Atlantic, go over small bridge to next light, it’s on the right.) They have a water filter by the pool that you can use to fill your water bottles when you are sitting poolside; this was a great amenity! The pool is clean and perfect for families with or without kids; lounge chairs and several table/umbrella areas are provided as well as a large selection of pool toys in a bin from past and present families. The resort does not provide them, but the families who visit are always willing to share. My son and I left a lady bug float (Enjoy!) As you make your way to the walkway over the lagoon to the beach, you will find a bin of beach toys as well. You can rent really nice chairs from the office for the week and sometimes they have some for free! Just ask the office staff and they will help you. Next to the pool is a putting green and a shuttle board area; the equipment is provided by the office as well. My father and husband had a great time playing while we enjoyed the pool and the little one napped under an umbrella. This is a quiet resort where parents, grandparents and young children can relax and make memories. Our Studios had full kitchens, but in addition one of the great amenities on the property was the four grills on the lagoon. My family and I love to grill. This side of the resort has two charcoal grills and two gas grills. You need a key to work the gas grills and charcoal for the other. The office often has a supply of charcoal from prior guests and lots of grill tools and extras for the kitchen they are willing to lend at no cost; make sure to check with them. We made dinner on the charcoal grills twice and lunch once. Each Grill has an umbrella, table and chairs on the lagoon; it is peaceful and relaxing and you can hear the waves from the beach (see pictures.) Free Wifi is provided for one piece of equipment per room; you will need it for a smart phone to have full internet access. The office will give you the code on a printout; make sure to save it in case there is a storm as you may need to reboot or login after it. We had a storm the second night and the server went down for a few minutes. Overall this was an amazing experience and I cannot wait to take my entire family back again.

Room Tip: As for a beach side room on the EAST side on at least the 4th floor for a view; this is the better s...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank DEMommaMustang11
There are newer reviews for Canada House Beach Club

Reviewed July 5, 2012

There are so many memories from this place We come every year for over 25 years my kids had wonderful vacations in this place and even my own daughter her timeshare here for my grandson for the 4th of july . It is very nice, family , very clean and I love it.

Room Tip: ocean front you have the view of the pier and the light house
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Maritza P
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We came here thru RCI and were very happy we were in the east building. Balcony facing the ocean can't be beat.We had a Murphy bed and pull out sofa room. Both were pretty good compared to my bed at home. Kitchen was a little tight but had everything you need.Everyone that works there was very pleasant and even gave us some coupons for a local restaurant. Know that when they say Canada House, they mean it. Alot of Canadians, some nice, some not so much. All in, I'd definitelty go back

Room Tip: Get the east building facing the ocean
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Lifes_A_Vaca
canadahouse, Manager at Canada House Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Thank you for your review! I can tell by your comments that you must have stayed here in the past few months, because (like most of South Florida), that's the time we have so many Canadians in-house... as well as New Englanders, New Yorkers, and many other flavors of snowbirds. :o)

Our property was originally developed by a Canadian company, hence the name, but we don't specifically market to anyone in particular. I do have to agree with you, though, that some Canadians are nice and some are not so nice... just like any other nationality! ;o)

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Our Canada House stay was the result of an inexpensive RCI trade, and provided a pleasant experience. The resort is very clean, and the grounds are well-maintained. I loved the footbridge over their lagoon, and their very uncrowded beach with its pretty lighthouse. (I really appreciated their 'automatic footwash' upon return from the beach...a great idea!). The 2 pools are large and pristine, and both pool areas have seperate hot tubs, with fresh towels provided. Pool toys and BBQ areas are provided, too. Rooms are basic, but very clean, and include free DirectTV and free wifi...yes! Free on-site parking. (I really recommend renting a car, as Pompano Beach is very residential with few restaurants nearby). Overall, Canada House is a pleasant and peaceful beach resort.

• Stayed: May 2012
9  Thank BeachBumDE

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are glad you enjoyed the property. The "foot wash" you mentioned is a Surf Splash, which we also thought was a great idea!

I do want to mention for others who may be considering coming to stay here that we do offer free wireless access for ONE device per unit. There is a charge for additional devices, but we do feel that the price is reasonable (currently $10/week for additional devices).

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have a time share here. It's kept very clean and well maintained. The people are very nice too. It's central to most of the hot spots. If you want to go to EPCOT/Disney it's about 2.5 hrs. Daytona is about 2 hr. MIA-South Beach about 1 hr. The Keys about 3 hrs. Ft. Lauderdale Beach and all that is happening there is about 30 min. Great fishing off the Pompano Pier... about 2 mi. If you want torent or to buy it's very nice here. It's not a party place and there is no bars or resturants in the facility but to sit back, relax and enjoy the beach-Awesome!

Room Tip: the studios are large enought for 2 adults and 2 children. the kitchens works well and there is a di...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank LisaGroner

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We are always happy to hear that our owners enjoy staying at their own property!

Reviewed February 18, 2012

My wife and I spent nine days here in January 2012. It is a clean resort with much attention to detail. Our large studio unit on the third floor in the East (beach front) building was spotless and very well supplied. Tree branches graced our patio which overlooked the pool. The pool temperature was comfortable and the pool was large enough to do some lap swimming. There were ample chairs around to relax in. (Fortunately sunny warm weather prevailed throughout our stay so we made daily use of the pool.)

The beach is a two-minute walk on a bridge across a lagoon. We could walk the beach and also stroll in the lovely neighborhood next to the resort. Laundry facilities are located in the resort’s building across the road, which was no problem for us at all.

Restaurants and markets are minutes away by car.

The staff was friendly and very accommodating. When I commented on the satisfactory but slightly hard mattress of the murphy bed they immediately brought up a mattress topper and I slept like on a cloud. Their response to any request was very prompt. Except for slight traffic noise from A1A, not at all audible in our unit, this resort is very quiet. No music around the pool. And the insulation between units is excellent. We didn’t know we had neighbors till we saw them in the hall.

We scheduled a cruise to follow our RCI week but had two days left to embark. We were going to go to a motel but were able to rent two more nights at the resort. We paid only $230 for the two nights with an RCI discount and saved about fifty dollars over the motel rental.

The only thing missing at the resort was a fitness center.

Room Tip: Prefer the East building which is on the beach. The West building is across the road.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank SouthJerseyEatwell

Thank you so much for all your kind words. We do make an effort to maintain the property (which is older), and we always appreciate it when it is noticed.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

We had a pleasant stay at the beach club. The resort is just at the beach, We spend lot of time there and had the opportunity to see the sun rise. Our balcony was just facing the swimming pool. We visted Fort Lauderdale and Key West.

Room Tip: Our rooms were facing the pool and we were having our breakfast in the balcony
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple