“Nice Ribs!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Delray Beach, Florida
“Nice Ribs!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We found this little place doing a driveby on US 1 and decided to try it. Turned out to be pretty good ribs (apparently its what they are known for) and not expensive. Would definetly return.

• Visited June 2014

Key West, Florida
“An old favorite that still performs”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I went to this restaurant when it first opened, long before wife, kids and grandkids. Bobby was the driving force behind Tony Roma's when Tony opened his first restaurant on Biscayne Blvd. in Miami. Bobby soon went out on his own with a small chain, Tony went national, the rest is history. I always preferred Bobby's ribs, very similar style. I had not been here in years but dragged my wife in for lunch while on a road trip thru Broward ( my old stomping grounds) Yes, it is not SoFlo glitz, but the food is still great, prices fantastic, service Outstanding! Bobby was all about proper greeting and service. Bobby is no longer with us, but his name and place for ribs carry on in Old Florida style. Visit this last of the chain and enjoy this old gem. By the way, the wife remembered me taking her here years ago and loved it! Best Key Lime pie on the Mainland, as good as many on the island

Elyria, Ohio
“Really Good Once But Has Aged Badly”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

It's been awhile since we last ate here and having a yearning for ribs decided to make the trip.
The restaurant looks/feels like it's been ridden hard and not well cared for...it's just aged but not well.
We were seated right away and placed our orders with the waitress within 10 minutes but then waited almost 20 more minutes before any food showed up. The vaunted onion loaf was okay and the fried wings were pretty good. The rest of the meal was forgettable. Our racks of ribs, the dinner size at $19.99, were more appetizer sized and were only warm. Baked potatoes were only okay but fixings for them limited both in type and quantity.
The raspberry sweet tea was cloying and getting a refill took some waiting.
The entire place seems to be run on autopilot now and we'll try one of the many other BBQ places in the area next time. Suggest strongly you do the same when the yearning for ribs strikes you. Too bad, it used to be a really good place.

Batavia, Illinois
“Bobby Rubino's Place for Ribs”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stopped here for an early dinner on a weekday while on vacation in Pompano Beach. There was plenty of seating in the restaurant as well as a huge bar area. We were seated quickly and the server took our order right away.
We ordered the bar b q ribs and chicken and both were very good. We enjoyed our meal along with the quick and friendly service. We found a coupon in the local paper, so it was a value also.

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Sunday lunch out”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My spouse and I stopped and one of our favorite places for lunch after shopping at the mall for husbands meal was very good as usual I had some trouble with the ribeye steak sandwich I asked them if the meet was cut very thin and that it had very little gristle or fat they said that it was but unfortunately it wasn't I ended up sending it back order bowl of potato soup which had very little potato flavor it tasted more like some sort of cream sauce with bacon onions and cheese my wife felt sick from it later that evening I hope they take a look at this soup try it themselves and see what they think of it and that maybe they should trim the meats a little more for sandwiches people are not expecting half-inch chunks of gristle in their sandwiches

Visited May 2014