“Birthday Dinner out” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bobby Rubino's Place for Ribs

Bobby Rubino's Place for Ribs
Ranked #27 of 355 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Birthday Dinner out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went up to rubinos for his birthday he had the prime rib it was a bit tuff so they cut him another piece
This was very nice the waitress was very good I had. The steak tid bits and they were excellent. A very nice evening c

2 Thank Denise123_12

Jupiter, Florida
“Flashback to the 1980's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We visited the restaurant on a Wednesday night and it was about half full. The decor is very old and could be updated. We were sat next to the kitchen entrance even though there were open tables. The food was average which is a reach at best. Some people ordered ribs and stated they tough and not flavorful. I had the prime rib and it was average. The aujus was cold and the potato was overcooked. The bread was terrible. I just don't understand why an establishment would serve that type of bread. It is a sub roll with no air and very dense. The bread completely lacked any flavor. The chocolate cake was frozen and not worth eating. The service on that particular evening was really slow. We waited a long time for drinks and food (which is the kitchens challenge). Overall, I would not return unless I was having a nostalgic feeling and felt like I missed the 80's.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LizMoo007
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Sad and shabby old restaurant, overcooked inexpensive food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This company has existed since 1978 and I swear that this Pompano Beach location hasn't been updated since that time. The carpets were filthy. The building and the entire place looked shappy and sad. The food was overcooked, as ribs normally are to make them tender. I understand that, but...the bread was subpar quality, the potato was overcooked, the cole slaw not very good and tinted a scary green color. My husband said that Publix makes a much better Key lime pie. The place was full of older people (including us) who were chowing down on this stuff like there was no tomorrow. The prices are right, especially since we asked for any specials and got a great break on the price. So, that's definitely a draw. The waitress was a total sweetheart and kept my coke glass filled almost too much. We over-tipped her and told her how great she is. My husband kept (jokingly) threatening to bring me back for my birthday for the freebie dinner. Very funny... No plans to return there anytime soon if ever.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
south florida
“Great food, great waitress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Outstanding ribs, BBQ chicken, home made bread and onion loaf, very nice waitress, great price, large portion of food as well, hard to finish your plate.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank partovi1
“Dinner. Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

It was nice the ribs were good service was good. The place was packed the whole time we were there great food.

• Visited September 2012