“Shocked!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Powells Point, North Carolina, United States
“Shocked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I own and run a cleaning business and stayed here for a week for business/leisure. For the price, we were scared to death as to what we would find once we arrived, but trusted trip advisors reviews and went for it. Thank God we did, because we were so amazed with the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness and comfort of the room! We even had HBO and a nice sized flat screen TV. The grounds are well maintained, (we saw them working all day each day) luscious plants were everywhere creating a beautiful aura and also providing some extra privacy. There were plenty of clean outside tables and chairs, as well as a nice grill that they had a cover on, which was also clean. The pool was perfect, and they did monitor that only guests were enjoying it. they also have a little store for convenience. That was also awesome! They cleaned our room daily, and, I should never do this, but I did leave over $2000 worth of my Pandora jewelry in the room several different days while we were on outings/meetings during their cleans and not one piece was missing. AP was awesome and we are going to come back down in November, as well as every future trip we make to the pompano area. Its so hard to find hard working, honest, and caring people in this world anymore, but we found them in this wonderful family that runs this establishment. I've been to Florida on business 5 times in the past 6 months and wish we had found this place the first trip, but now we found our home away from home and know that we can rely on Budget Lodge as our preferred choice!

Room Tip: We only had one room, but as hard as we saw them work, I'd feel its safe to assume they respect...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Heather H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed from July 11-13. I meet the owners at a conference and they offered me a good rate if I was ever in need of a room in pompano beach. It's a nice clean place. The owners were courteous and helpful. Across from the beach which was nice. I would stay there again if I was in the area again.

Room Tip: Room 7 the suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shailesh P
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had an extended stay at the motel while transferring jobs. It was a pleasant surprise to find this little diamond in the rough on the A1A. The room is very tidy and clean. There is a 37" inch LG flat screen with Dish network in every room. The service staff was wonderful and very accommodating to my situation. AP who is the GM/owner is very professional and cares about the community. After switching rooms in the of
My stay, he went out and bought me kitchen supplies so I could cook a home meal in the room. They always provided clean towels and sheets. The area is very quiet. I would recommend this Motel to anyone who wants to have a clean and quiet room.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Emory C
Canaan, Vermont, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Needed an extra nites stay on our family vacation, so i booked this place. The pic is very deceiving. Dirty, filthy, typical crack-head prostitute hotel. There is a reason the owner does not give refunds when booking on-line...when you get there you will not want to stay. We left and slept in the car. Room was OLD, MUSTY, and when i pulled back sheet there was no bottom sheet on mattress, and the mattres had dirt dust, and brown from bing about 40 yrs old..JUST GROSS...
r

Room Tip: This is not a place for anyone with any sort of cleanliness standards...you are beter off staying at...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank stephaniegrondin

Travelers are raving about these Pompano Beach hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over our spring break, and it was perfect! It was across the street to the beach an there was food and things to do near by. Also the room was always clean and the staff was sooo helpful and nice. We had a lot of fun hanging out there and the grill on the patio was a huge bonus. I would define rely stay again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank HillCull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

This motel, I hate to say looked sketchy, but since it was my 1st time in Ft Lauderdale I took a chance. It was a good idea too. The rooms are pretty clean, the location is great (being across the street from the beach), if you have a car you are within a couple miles of some restaurants and a Walmart, the cashier at the motel/mini mart was nice and helpful, and finally it was fairly cheap. I didn't pay $100 more like $70 after taxes. Which after going to a few hotels /motels was actually not too bad of a price. All in all I still have another day and night so we'll see if I'm completely satisfied, but as of right now it's good.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank JTfromUC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed in March 2013 for one night and found the place to be dreary. The dark colors in the carpet (and the spread) masked our being able to judge the cleanliness. However, the bathroom door was badly in need of cleaning and/or painting. Also, there was mold along the tile in the bathroom. There are very basic items available in the room - soap and towels. No even a very small packet of kleenex or otherbasic anemities though we didn't think the price of the room was that low. The air conditioning and TV worked okay. However, there are much more cheerful places and we would not stay again. It has been grossly overrated, in our opinion.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple