“Great food, small restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Talay Thai

Talay Thai
Ranked #74 of 356 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Great food, small restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Love this place!!!!! It is not a lavish looking restaurant but the food is always good. Service is friendly. We try different sushi bars but so far in the Pompano Area, this place has the best rolls. We were served the ginger salad and this ginger salad dressing is the BEST!!! On this visit, we had the Mexican roll with Shrimp tempura, masago, avocado, scallion, asparagus and spicy mayo and the Shrimp Dynamite Roll with crab, avocado, masago, scallion with baked shrimp and sauce. They were both fresh and delicious. The asparagus was crisp in the roll. We also had the Chicket Pad Thai that was wonderful. We requested the spice indicator of a 2 and it had a good kick. May be too spicy for some, so consider the 1. Good size portions and enough for lunch leftovers.

• Visited June 2014

Boca Raton, Florida
“Great Lunch Specials - Good Service - Consistent Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place is family run and it sure shows.... We go there for lunch at least 2 times per week and the food is always good no matter what we order. For lunch time, I like to order "Bento Box" lunches from their menu and you get a great amount of food with great quality. First pick a miso soup or salad with a ginger dressing, then you get a bento box with the main dish you ordered, some california rolls, sweet potato tempura (My favorite) and a seaweed salad for the majority of the plates.

Solid and consistently good with friendly service... I will return and frequently....

• Visited June 2014
Pompano Beach
“Excellent Thai food and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The chicken with red curry was excellent, and the portion was large enough to provide dinner the next day as well. I ordered it hot. It was spicy, but not unpleasantly so. y wife had the seet and sour pork, again she was very pleased with the meal. The restaurant was about 75% full, but the server was always there when needed. All together a pleasant meal experience.

• Visited March 2014
London
“Not for real Thai food lovers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

The food in this restaurant is perfectly acceptable but a very bland, 'Americanised' version of Thai food. It seemed to us that in the Green Curry and garlic and black pepper dishes we ordered that all the hotter spices had been removed. In the case of the curry we think also that lots of cream was added.If you come here and want a more authentic experience try ordering hotter than level 3 which we were told would be hot - the scale is 1-5 with 5 described as a very hot natural Thai food heat for someone from Thailand. We have had this level at other restaurants and although we like pretty hot it had blown our heads off. However level 3 here is not even lukewarm. We also had some wine which was nothing like as good as the choices shown on the internet. We suggest the owner changes these on the internet as they are misleading, advertising high quality wines at great prices, that don't exist on the actual menu. You will however get a perfectly acceptable jug wine at an OK but not great value price.

• Visited March 2014
South Florida, Florida
“Talay Thai - Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I've lived in Pompano for a few years now and passed this restaurant many times trotting to the beach and home. I finally made a visit last week and was amazed at the wonderful quality of the food. The staff if very friendly and welcoming. The décor is pleasant. The food is outstanding. I have not had food this great of quality since China town in Philadelphia. I ate the teriyaki salmon, suishi, tempered sweet potatoes, and seaweed salad. Oh my goodness the quality of the food and portion was well beyond my expectations. I will be definitely dining at Talay Thai many more time in the future and taking my visitors here. I must share that whenever I venture into a restaurant I've not patronized I always check the restroom for cleanliness before ordering and the restaurant is extremely clean and beautifully decorated. The people who work here take true pride in their surroundings, food, and presentation.

• Visited February 2014