“A really great dining experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shishka Lebanese Grill

Shishka Lebanese Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Shishka Lebanese Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 355 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Copans Rd
Wappingers Falls, New York
“A really great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was about one thirty, we hadn't had lunch, and decided to stop at Shishka Lebanese Grill on the way home. It turned out to be a really good idea. It is hidden in the back of the Pompano Beach Shopping Center, but worth seeking out. We were seated inside, in a spotlessly clean dining room, from which you can watch the chefs cooking. We ordered a falafel salad to share, it took a little while but was worth it, absolutely fresh and delicious, and enough for two people to share, or one to eat as a lunch. My wife had the Shawarma pizza, she really enjoyed it, and took half home, it was large for a hot appetizer. I had the Shawarma dinner from the grill, served with basmati rice, and fresh vegetables and tahini. It was also delicious and too much to finish. I can't vow that the food is authentic, but I can tell you it is extremely fresh and really delicious. We will be back to sample other of the Lebanese delicacies.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank gourmand47

st. paul, minnesota
“Grandson Loved It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Tucked away in a shopping mall, this restaurant has great food and ambience. I like my 11 year old grandson to experience different foods/cultures. He had lamb and baklava for the 1st time and loved them both. He was excited to find that the "Lebanese way" left of lettuce and tomato which he does NOT like. Kudos to Shiska for a great meal!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank kaiser13
Saint Joseph, Minnesota
“As advertised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Everything was delicious (and lots of veggie options), the place was full inside and out (Friday night), and service was good. Check it out!

• Visited March 2013
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Terific recipes, lots of vegetarian, some meats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our meals here last evening. I had a grilled boneless cornish game hen, (did you ever try boning these little birds?) very plainly done and absolutely delish. Not sure what the marinade was, but even without a sauce it was good. My wife had the lentil soup and the vege combo and loved it. I also had the "Faul", which was a fava bean stew, as an appetizer. Quite good. Our waitress did a nice job advising us, as well. All that and a bottle of Cab.Sauvignon and what a good meal! Try Shishka next time you're at this mall.. I think you'll enjoy it!

• Visited February 2013
South Florida, Florida
“Great find,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here lasting hot after reading reviews on Yelp. We will be back! My wife had the chicken kabob which was very well done. She used Tahini sauce to add a little something and really enjoyed her meal. Large portion which allowed her to bring home the leftovers for Lunch today. I had the Schwarma which was excellent. Meat was well done and tasty! We shared the baklava which was even sweeter than others I have had.

1-2 negatives. The pita is served cold and in a plastic wrapper. How hard would it be to warm up the pita which is a great start to any meal. Secondly, for those of us not of middle eastern descent, would be nice for the gentleman who stood by the hookah bongs to visit tables and describe what the experience is all about. I was facing him and other than standing there with a scowl on his face not sure what role he serves. But overall a real good find. Will bring others here.

wzabib, Owner at Shishka Lebanese Grill, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for the nice review and we appreciate your concern, most of our customers prefer the pita bread room temperature because it's too thin if we put it on the grill it's going to become hard and if we put in the microwave it's going to be soggy, that's why we only heat it when our customer ask for it hot. As for gentleman who stood by the hookah, he is my father and he just came from Lebanon a year ago his English is not that good that's why he doesn't approach the tables he just help us around.

Best regards