“Authentic”

Shishka Lebanese Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Shishka Lebanese Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 368 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Copans Rd
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having grown up in a Lebanese house I am kind of a fanatic about Lebanese cooking. I was so happy to find Shiska's great stuffed grape leaves, tabbouleh, fried kibbeh, and humus to start. Then go to the kafta kabob, or the mixed grill for a bit of everything all served with great condiments and fresh pita bread. Definitely a great find and worth the stop if your in the mood for authentic middle eastern food.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I grappled with the rating on this one. I finally gave it 5 stars -- not because it is a five star restaurant but because it is the best it can be and I didn't want you to miss it if you like Lebanese food.
It is hard to find if you are using a GPS because it is in a mall. I had to drag my husband who kept saying "It's in a Mall! (and not the trendy Ruth's Chris kind of mall but the Lowe's anchor kind of mall)." Are you sure you want to eat here?" " It's in a food court -- how good can it be." etc...
Well, as it turns out, it is pretty great. It is a small, unpretentious restaurant with tables inside and out -- in a courtyard of the mall. The service is friendly, helpful and efficient. As we walk in, there is a large table of Lebanese men sharing a LOT of food. "Well," my husband concedes, "This is a good sign."

We had already had a big lunch so we decide to share an appetizer (Baba Ganoush), a salad(the Shiska Salad) and an entree(the Mixed Grill). I told them they could bring everything at once but first we were served a dish of herbs and olive oil with flatbread and a dish of olives and pickled turnip. Then came the Baba. I can see why they brought it first. I had to restrain myself from eating it all by myself and ordering another. It was the best ever and I have eaten a lot of it. The salad was a chopped salad -- very fresh -- with the tradittional lemon/oil dressing. It was a generous size and we brought some home along with some of our mixed grill -- steak, chicken and Kafta Kabob with steamed veggies and white rice. My husband had a glass of Cabernet ($5.50). The bill was $36 plus tip and one of us got to have lunch the next day.They also had a selection of Hookah pipes and while we were there, the table of men retired to the outside tables to smoke one.
As we left, my husband said, "You were right -- another great find." I love to hear those words!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Being of Lebanese descent, I had to check this place out while on vacation. It was definitely worth it! We took a couple of friends with and the food converted them to Middle Easterners at heart. The zatar, hummus and baba ganouj were excellent; the grilled chicken, lamb and kafta were tasteful and tender, and the Chateaux Musar wine was a perfect complement to the meal - as was the garlic sauce of course! The service was very attentive, and the manager/owner(?) made sure to check on us multiple times as well.

Would definitely recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank ACS333
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended to us and we decided to try it on our last night in Pompano. It is in a mall with outdoor seating which allowed the children to freely run around before the food arrived. The waitress was friendly and helpful. Being familiar with Lebanese food, we ordered the fattouch and a vegetarian platter of hummus, baba- ghanoug, falafel, stuffed grape-leaves, tabbouleh and fatayer to share. The waitress also brought pita bread with olive oil and zaatar as starters. Everything was fresh, delicious and authentic. For our meals we had shish- taouk sandwiches in pita with fries. The food was amazing and very healthy using fresh ingredients. This is a great restaurant to go to for something different and healthy. We highly recommend it!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I work out at the gym upstairs from Shishka, and it has become one of my main places to have lunch after my workouts. The owners Gus and Walid are terrific guys, and their food is delicious. I have gotten to know them very well and have tried most of their menu. I am very familiar with Middle Eastern food- I'm from California and have been eating it for more than 20 years. The shish tawook is totally yummy- I love the Lebanese garlic sauce. Their lentil soup is tasty, reminiscent of the spinach lentil soup that my friends make in California. They make it from Swiss Chard. The fatayer and moussaka are both very delicious. I like their shawarmas and falafel- I'm not always a fan of falafel, but theirs is about the best I've had.
Their staff is outstanding- an excellent head chef and the other kitchen staff are all first-rate and the kitchen is spotless. The wait staff is friendly and attentive, and I see happy, satisfied customers every time I go there. At this point, I eat at Shishka about every 3 days, and I'm a very satisfied regular customer. I have turned friends on to this restaurant and they love it! Highly recommended!