“Great Middle Eastern Food!”

Shishka Lebanese Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Shishka Lebanese Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 357 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Copans Rd
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Middle Eastern Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Being of Lebanese descent, I had to check this place out while on vacation. It was definitely worth it! We took a couple of friends with and the food converted them to Middle Easterners at heart. The zatar, hummus and baba ganouj were excellent; the grilled chicken, lamb and kafta were tasteful and tender, and the Chateaux Musar wine was a perfect complement to the meal - as was the garlic sauce of course! The service was very attentive, and the manager/owner(?) made sure to check on us multiple times as well.

Would definitely recommend this restaurant!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ACS333

Montreal, Canada
“Fresh Lebanese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended to us and we decided to try it on our last night in Pompano. It is in a mall with outdoor seating which allowed the children to freely run around before the food arrived. The waitress was friendly and helpful. Being familiar with Lebanese food, we ordered the fattouch and a vegetarian platter of hummus, baba- ghanoug, falafel, stuffed grape-leaves, tabbouleh and fatayer to share. The waitress also brought pita bread with olive oil and zaatar as starters. Everything was fresh, delicious and authentic. For our meals we had shish- taouk sandwiches in pita with fries. The food was amazing and very healthy using fresh ingredients. This is a great restaurant to go to for something different and healthy. We highly recommend it!

• Visited August 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Love this food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I work out at the gym upstairs from Shishka, and it has become one of my main places to have lunch after my workouts. The owners Gus and Walid are terrific guys, and their food is delicious. I have gotten to know them very well and have tried most of their menu. I am very familiar with Middle Eastern food- I'm from California and have been eating it for more than 20 years. The shish tawook is totally yummy- I love the Lebanese garlic sauce. Their lentil soup is tasty, reminiscent of the spinach lentil soup that my friends make in California. They make it from Swiss Chard. The fatayer and moussaka are both very delicious. I like their shawarmas and falafel- I'm not always a fan of falafel, but theirs is about the best I've had.
Their staff is outstanding- an excellent head chef and the other kitchen staff are all first-rate and the kitchen is spotless. The wait staff is friendly and attentive, and I see happy, satisfied customers every time I go there. At this point, I eat at Shishka about every 3 days, and I'm a very satisfied regular customer. I have turned friends on to this restaurant and they love it! Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Authentic, home-made, fresh Middle Eastern food, well presented in a nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Not sure if this is my first Lebanese restaurant as many refer to themselves as "Mediterranean." While there are offerings similar to those from other Mideast countries: the kabobs, the hummus, the baba ghanouj, or falafel, Shishka offers items that I've never seen before and, according to other reviewers, are truly authentic and live up to the "homemade" claims on the menu.

There are not a lot of good middle east restaurants in the Fort Lauderdale area and Shishka is a welcome addition, if it makes it.

I've already seen some great restaurants come and go. On my two visits, there were plenty of empty tables. Of course, this is summer in Florida so that is to be expected.

My only criticism with Shishka is that I wish the servers would take the time to help the customers with the menu, describe the entrees, so we would have a better idea of what we are ordering.

Overall, dining at Shishka has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience and is definitely worth a visit.

wzabib, Owner at Shishka Lebanese Grill, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed dining at Shishka, and I'm sorry your server did not take her ample time to describe our entrees for you. Thank you for the feed back.and we will make sure that this will be addressed in our next meeting,
Naples, Florida
“Authentic and Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

The food brought me back to my childhood eating my grandmothers cooking. I wanted to order everything on the menu! I live 1 1/2 hours away but will be coming back often. The staff make you feel like family and the belly dancing made the food even more enjoyable than it already was. Superb!

• Visited June 2012