“Passed my white glove inspection”
Review of Surfside Resort

Surfside Resort
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Booked 5 nights at this property for my son and his friend. It was spotless and quite. Great location for beach, restaurants and beach shops.
The pool was kept at the perfect temperature and was much enjoyed. Noticed several people using the
grill. Outdoor space was comfortable and very well kept. I met several people staying here that have done so for over 30 years. I certainly understand why. My son and his friend truly enjoyed staying here. As a person that has spent my career traveling all over the world I have high standards when it comes to cleanliness. I love small privately owned properties. The owners of this property work very hard at keeping there standards high and providing very reasonable rates. You may pay more for a room in this area but you won't get a better value than Surf Side Resort. This property will be my first recommendation for all my family and friends visiting this area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Christina S

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This motel is across the street from the beach. A 1 minute walk to the beach. This place is cleaned by people who are obsessed with cleanliness. Surfside delivers what they promise. Clean, simple rooms that are comfortable and everything works. The value is also excellent for a place located on the beach. The owners were always around taking care of things and making sure things ran smoothly. I can't say I asked them for much but you got the feeling you could and they would deliver.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sunseeker453
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here with my son over the Christmas holidays. VERY CLEAN rooms and grounds, heated pool, reasonable rates, friendly hosts, walking distance to shops, restaurants, drug store, family friendy and 2 minute walk to the beach. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed at the Surfside for two nights the weekend before Christmas. I always check Trip Advisor and reviews were excellent, as was our visit. Our room (205) was toward the back. It was cute and cozy. The wood floor was a nice change from carpeting. The bath area was very large and we had space to and park our bags. There is microwave and a refrigerator and a table to actually sit down and eat (or work, but I'd rather eat). We had a large king sized bed which was very comfortable. There is a lovely courtyard next to the heated pool and folks staying there had grilled something yummy and were enjoying their drinks and meal in the poolside courtyard. The location is close to Atlantic Ave where you will find every kind of restaurant you could ever wish to find. The beach is across the street from the rear of Seaside without the cost and noise of staying directly on the beach. This is an old fashioned motel right out of the fifties, but updated with fresh paint, new flooring, new tile, etc. It is probably the cleanest hotel that I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world. Every counter, every inch of the floor, window sills, and the bath were clean, clean, clean. It is also very quiet without road noise or people noise. The hosts are very hospitable and work hard to ensure a good stay. If you have traveled in Europe, you will know the kind of service and cleanliness that we found at Seaside. We like supporting independent businesses and find the chains to be a bit uninteresting. So we look for places to stay where service, friendliness, and cleanliness are number one. We have family nearby and are in the area 3-4 times a year. From now on, we will stay at Surfside when in the area. We actually came back the afternoon of our first day and decided to take a quick nap before the evening's festivities. We slept for four hours! That is how quiet and comfortable we were. My Sweetie brought a little work to do which he did in the morning sitting at a lovely table outside our room. Just can't say enough about Seaside. We would definitely recommend this little jewel on the sea!

Room Tip: Stated in 205. Very quiet. Stairs do-able.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sallysunbunny
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here while visiting family. The room was an open space, bed, dresser, kitchen, couch, side chair. Through a door was the bathroom and closet. The room was clean and the AC worked well. I was on the 2nd floor, but did not have a ocean view. The price was right so I did not mind. The walk to the beach is less than 2 minutes. you can actually see the beach from the far end of the parking lot.

The internet was a little slow, but web pages loaded, just slower. I thought the road noise would be an issue, but it was not. I highly recommend Surfside and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank luv-to-travel425
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went for a quick weekend get-a-way and came across this place online. It's a little out of our comfort zone to stay in a motel but we took a chance. The resort was very clean, rooms very clean and just steps away from the beach and the price was unbeatable!! Really enjoyed our stay and would go back. The only thing that could've been better was the bedding. Sheets and comforter were outdated.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Candacem3
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Older Mom & Pop property but well maintained and clean. Our two bed room also had a huge storage area off the bathroom area and a full kitchenette. Our stay was 2 nights for a visit with friends, but I can see this as a great value for a week or longer in winter or spring. Internet was great. No issues with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple