“Three nights' stay - different rooms”

Motel 6 Pompano Beach
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was very flexible in my travel schedule, so I didn't make any reservations until the day of the stay. I was in four different rooms. All rooms were clean and neat and no bugs. The first room did have a slight damp smell - obvious to me who never smells it in AZ. The room was c However, it wasn't bad enough to request a room change. The second night was in a refurbished room with some kind of bamboo flooring. Everything was quite nice. The third night was first in another refurbished room, but I immediately found the sink was stopped up. The front desk was full of apologies and immediately put me in another room. When I travel, I rent a room for a bed and shower. I expect it neat, clean and bug-free, with working fixtures. That is exactly what I got.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side of Room #103 had the least traffic and noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Freq_WE_Traveler

Reviewed June 17, 2012

If you enjoy sharp rusted springs piercing out of an old mattress, no soap, & a rude manager - stay at this dump! Also, at sun down there are barefoot prostitutes hooking on the street in front of the motel.

Room Tip: Get one without the rusty piercing springs from the mattress & bring your own soap (none is prov...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank eric e
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This modest lodging was exactly as stated on the review title.
I was actually expecting much less, for 50 USD a day.
Efficient front desk, as noted elsewhere next to the sheriff's office, friendly and accurate advice and minimalistic but complete accommodation. Ahh! they have ice machines to cool your drinks.
No bugs, No dirt, functional amenities and cable system.
I went to Motel 6 Pompano Beach due to a business trip that unfortunately ended up being scheduled during the spring break season. As you can imagine the prices for the bigger hotels was - as this one was cheap - ridiculously expensive.
So I got what I paid for, no more, o less.
I have been traveling to the US with relative frequency this last 6 months, and on this 3 days trip I was alone (without wife and kids) so I left aside the excellent luxury condos that I was renting on bayside (downtown Miami from ELITE CITY STAYS) for something less costly and I can't complain.
I would return there, if the conditions recur.

Room Tip: If you travel with allergic kids, be maniac about NO CARPETING AND MINIMAL TAPESTRY. I had to sleep...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Whisperdoctor
Reviewed March 31, 2012

There were fleas all over the first room. The front desk moved us to another room and it had fleas as well. When someone stays with a pet, the hotel is not fumigating the room. Prior to the next guests arrival. I am still itching just thinking about how I woke up covered in fleas. I want my money refunded for this stay and this motel six needs a flea bomb sprayed in those rooms. That's why they charge the extra pet fee to return the room to the prior to check in state. The front desk was unapologetic and there was no phone in the second room to even call and complain.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank KEASW
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Could be a lot cleaner for a big franchise like Motel 6. Stayed for a week, waiting for my house closing. No one ever came in to clean the room, give me fresh towels, nothing. No smoking rooms have cigarette burns all over the blankets. table had razor cuts all over it, like someone was cutting crack in it, being this is a drug filled neighborhood. and there are bed bugs, or sand flies or some kind of tiny bugs all over the room, so if u leave a can of soda down, in ten minutes, it will be covered with these pests! The air conditioner cover fell off in the middle of the night. oh yeah, you wont be lonely with all the hookers in the parking lot. other than that, it was ok. But i would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Could be a lot cleaner for a big franchise like Motel 6. Stayed for a week, waiting for my house clo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank suresh c
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Horrible rooms, not a single convenience. All you get is a tiny dark room with a tiny bed, three threadbare towels and two flat pillows (double room for 2 people).
No coffee maker, no iron, no hair dryer, no breakfast, must pay extra for wi-fi (please, this is offered free anywhere).
Interesting fact: at the entrance of the hotel there are two doors one to the reception and the other to the Sheriff....
No matter how cheap there's no excuse for offering this type of lodging to anyone.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank greenwrld
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have been traveling around the America for weeks staying at hotels and motels along the way. I can honestly say this is the WORST motel I have stayed at by far. The first room we were given was filthy and had not been cleaned. We were then moved to another room which was also very poor. The although cleanish, it was still terrible. The smell of the room was disgusting. The bed was terrible, small and uncomfortable, awful pillows, very small rooms with no facilities (no fridge, microwave, coffee maker - nothing). The neighborhood was shady indeed. Having stayed at various motel 6's I can say this place gives the motel chain a very bad name. After staying here I would be very hesitant about staying at another Motel 6 incase it maybe the same as here. Disgusting - don't stay here.

Room Tip: There are NO nice or good rooms!! Save your money and go else where!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 1006rebeccaJ1006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North
Pelican By The Sea Motel
Pelican By The Sea Motel
#13 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#12 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
#29 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#2 of 38 in Pompano Beach

Been to Motel 6 Pompano Beach? Share your experiences!