“Good food and good value”
Review of The French Place Bistro - CLOSED

The French Place Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Good food and good value”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Price fixed dinner included appetizer, entree, and dessert and was priced quite reasonably. We were a party of four and we had four different appetizers and four different entrees and all were delicious. There was live French music and numerous Belgian beers and French wines. The restaurant is a little out of the way but is worth the effort to get there.

Hilsborough
“a Little Gem”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

a store front French restaurant which is truly a gem. we were warmly welcomed by the co-owner/hostess, enjoyed a very French meal of chicken francaise and shrimp curry and look forward to a return visit.

• Visited October 2012
Lighthouse Point, Florida
“A Delicious Bite of French Food”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

A wonderful hidden gem. The food was plentiful and tasty. The staff warm & friendly. I recommend this for family, friends and business lunches and dinners. They serve breakfast too!

Hudson, FL
“French Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We visited this restaurant after reading about it on tripadvisor. It was an excellent choice. I made a phone reservation but when we arrived at 8 p.m. I saw it wasn't necessary because the place was empty. Our waiter told us that it has just reopened for the season a few days earlier.

The decor reminded me of restaurants I had visited in Quebec, Canada, with French style paintings on stucco type walls. The waiter brought an easel with the large board of price fix specials to our table. He read and described them all. We ordered but then learned that all items he talked about were not available, stating that they were still getting restocked for the season. This is the kind of thing that happens when traveling in Florida in the off season.
We made other choices. I loved my duck (the last portion available that night we were told) and couldn't finish all the food. My husband enjoyed his beef which he said was liberally seasoned.

Later another couple arrived for dinner and the same waiter went through his discussion of the menu, not saying that they were out of some items. They ordered and then he returned to tell them that the duck and another items were not available. I wondered why he didn't tell them that before they ordered. It seemed strange to me.

We enjoyed our meal and the restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
Readington, New Jersey
“Went twice in one week, hope to go again!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was a little confused when we first made our reservation, as we had looked at the website and it talked about a Spa. Don't let that throw you off, or the location off the main drag. We were vacationing in the area and ate there early in the week, and although there were plenty of wonderful dining choices available we had such a nice experience there we decided we had to go back one more time before the week was out. The food was delicious and the service was charming. Diane was a gracious hostess; it felt like we were guests in their home. Jean-Pierre came out of the kitchen on our second visit and after talking with them we were ready to visit Belgium, his native country. We made good use of the prix fixe option and recommend you consider that. My daughter raved about the Coquilles St. Jacques, and my husband loved his Steak au Poivre.The soups and desserts were also noteworthy. I regret that we never planned in advance, since I would have loved to have their version of Beef Wellington and Steak Tartare; they ask for notice for those options, and we were operating more spontaneously on this vacation. We will definitely go back the next time we are in the area.

Visited March 2012