“Went twice in one week, hope to go again!”
Review of The French Place Bistro - CLOSED

The French Place Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Readington, New Jersey
“Went twice in one week, hope to go again!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was a little confused when we first made our reservation, as we had looked at the website and it talked about a Spa. Don't let that throw you off, or the location off the main drag. We were vacationing in the area and ate there early in the week, and although there were plenty of wonderful dining choices available we had such a nice experience there we decided we had to go back one more time before the week was out. The food was delicious and the service was charming. Diane was a gracious hostess; it felt like we were guests in their home. Jean-Pierre came out of the kitchen on our second visit and after talking with them we were ready to visit Belgium, his native country. We made good use of the prix fixe option and recommend you consider that. My daughter raved about the Coquilles St. Jacques, and my husband loved his Steak au Poivre.The soups and desserts were also noteworthy. I regret that we never planned in advance, since I would have loved to have their version of Beef Wellington and Steak Tartare; they ask for notice for those options, and we were operating more spontaneously on this vacation. We will definitely go back the next time we are in the area.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Tracy K

“Great surprise... Pompano + French food! Who would have thought!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Pâté, Escargot in Garlic butter, Boeuf Bourguignon all very very good... I'm still here waiting for espresso and dessert... Just wanted to post now!!!

“Absolutely fabulous”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The food is amazing and soooooo reasonable priced. Should be in this top 10 for sure

Darlene pompano love it!

Toms River, New Jersey
“A Fabulous Chance Encounter”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband & I were on our way somewhere else, spotted this place, & turned into the parking lot to read their posted menu. It looked good, so we made reservations for the evening. I can think of only one explaination as to why this restaurant isn't in the top10, and that's that it's slightly off the beaten track. The food is billed as French/Belgium fare, and the Chef Jeanne-Pierre, is straight from France. My husband ordered a sauteed white fish (I forget what kind). It looked simple enough, & yet he said it was the best prepared fish he'd ever had. I ordered Duck L'Orange, hoping it wouldn't be a short-cut marmalade version. What came out was a heavenly preparation - crisp skin, tender meat drained of excess fat, served in a rich, complex sauce. It was hands down the best Duck L'Orange I've had to date. Desserts were includes with the meal. We shared an order of Bananas Foster made New Orlean's Style (butter, brown sugar, sauteed bananas) that was to-die-for good, yet we couldn't finish it, it was so rich & we were so full. The price p/p? $28 !!! I should also mention that the two women who served us were charming & attentive. It seemed clear the locals know about this place; it's time to spread the word to tourists, too!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank blondocsin
Ft Lauderdale
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My sister and I always like to find new breakfast spots in the area. We planned a shopping day in the Pompano area. A friend of ours suggested that we go to French Bistro Place on East McNab. It was definitely a GREAT recommendation. We both had Eggs Benedict which were served over Ciabatta bread, rather than the traditional English Muffin. It was an excellent choice. The other diners in there were obviously "regulars", as the employees greeted them by their first names...Looks like we'll become "regulars" soon, as we plan to return next week.

• Visited February 2012