“Fantastic time”

South Florida Diving Headquarters
Ranked #3 of 43 Tours in Pompano Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you are Scuba Diving or Snorkeling from Palm Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania Beach and Miami call South Florida Diving Headquarters. We can accommodate large groups with our spacious 45' power cats or small private charters on our smaller 34' dive boat. If you're by yourself, no problem, we can always hook you up with a buddy on one of our daily dive trips. We have something for all ages & skill levels. "You can dive, snorkel or watch from above all on the same boat. "Why Choose South Florida? Because Pompano Beach and Ft. Lauderdale have: Biodiversity South Florida reefs are teaming with tropical fish, the same species seen throughout the Caribbean. Accessibility Come by plane, train or automobile. Three international airports, cheap airfares. No passport required and no entry & exit fees. Quick easy access down A1A from Deerfield and Ft. Lauderdale. Dive Conditions Because of the close proximity of the Gulf Stream, SE Florida reefs are bathed in warm clear water year around. Wreck Diving Capitol The Gold Coast claims over 100 shipwrecks in all depth ranges. Greater Ft. Lauderdale has the most active Artificial Reef Program.Short Boat Rides S. Florida's reef track begins less than a 1/4 mile offshore. You'll have made 2 dives before you could get to the keys! Drift Dives Does the thought of lazily drifting along the reef with the current and surfacing when you are ready appeal to you? Accommodations: We have every style and price to fit your taste or budget. From quaint cottages to luxury 5 star hotels. Rated Top Ten Scuba Diving Magazine rated SE Florida top ten in "World's best Wreck Diving, Marine Life & Value Destination", in 2004.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This group of folks is great. Did my advanced certification with them and every single one of them was helpful. Pam got me started on the phone, Jeff and Sherry helped manage the process with scheduling and Darin was my instructor and the lovely Nicole was amazing on the eyes! Darin was excellent and only made fun of me some of the time when I tried to stand up with my tank still strapped down, almost went on the deep dive WITHOUT my dive belt and actually attempted to get on the wrong boat during the last portion of the training.

Thanks everyone...will be back for more

Drew

"cattle boat"
"snorkeling experience"
"rental equipment"

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've been meaning to write a review on South Florida Dive Headquarters for awhile now, I have dove with this company many times and they have a a great staff, dive sites are excellent and we always have a good time, the reason I'm finally writing this review is, we were scheduled to dive at 130 pm and the weather looked unpredictable, they knew I was driving 31/2 hrs to dive and they called me as I was heading down to let me know the conditions were not great, We really appreciated that and we cancelled the dive. In the past they made a special night trip for 3 of us and again they were great. If your looking for a really great Dive Charter, I highly recommend these guys.they are safe,fun,and work very hard to make sure everyone has a great time.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was with a small group down from Il.We did 4 days of diving with them.I will say with out a doubt that the Crew of S.Florida is very well organized and run professionally.They are puntual with there start times.They go out of their way to make sure "everyone" is safe b/4 and after the dive.Run by the book.Jeff the owner is very helpful with any questions prior to arrival.
They do sell T shirts and Caps,for those of you who collect them like myself.Dive rates are competitive & Nitrox is available.
The Captains: Sean,Dennis & Rick are great for listening to your requests of destinations.They try and please evryone as much as they can. DM's: Derick,Nicole & Max are there for you when you need something,on and off the boat.I would definitely recommend them as my dive shop to be with.Their capable of large numbers.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our family's first snorkeling experience. Our youngest is 8, our oldest, a week away from 21. We all had a fantastic time!

The crew was very pleasant and watchful. There were three other families with smaller children on the adventure, and all of our children were given snorkels, flippers, and masks that fit their mouths, faces, and feet. My hubs, and one son were given masks that met their prescription glass lenses. So wonderful!!! We were given instruction on what to expect and how to snorkel in the ocean. They also gave us 'noodles' to help us float along and had a line in the ocean tied to the boat so that we could gain some experience with the gear before 'going it alone'.

We went to two different points to snorkel, one of which included the 'Copenhagen' wreckage. The ship was placed right next to/on top of this wreckage, so exploring was easy and enjoyable for first timers. Every family member had a blast! This was a highlight for our stay in the Fort Lauderdale area. The crew was kind and patient and offered some snacks on our down time - which all five of my guys were grateful. The glass bottom was small, but big enough to see the ocean floor and see the sea life. We were also able to swim with the 'nurse' sharks. We want to go back to Ft. Lauderdale just to snorkel again. CAUTION: I would not recommend this for small children who are not strong swimmers! For our family of six, this was well spent time and money and a great cherished memory.

1  Thank SteelCityMom