“Fantastic group to dive with”

South Florida Diving Headquarters
Ranked #2 of 41 Tours in Pompano Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you are Scuba Diving or Snorkeling from Palm Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania Beach and Miami call South Florida Diving Headquarters. We can accommodate large groups with our spacious 45' power cats or small private charters on our smaller 34' dive boat. If you're by yourself, no problem, we can always hook you up with a buddy on one of our daily dive trips. We have something for all ages & skill levels. "You can dive, snorkel or watch from above all on the same boat. "Why Choose South Florida? Because Pompano Beach and Ft. Lauderdale have: Biodiversity South Florida reefs are teaming with tropical fish, the same species seen throughout the Caribbean. Accessibility Come by plane, train or automobile. Three international airports, cheap airfares. No passport required and no entry & exit fees. Quick easy access down A1A from Deerfield and Ft. Lauderdale. Dive Conditions Because of the close proximity of the Gulf Stream, SE Florida reefs are bathed in warm clear water year around. Wreck Diving Capitol The Gold Coast claims over 100 shipwrecks in all depth ranges. Greater Ft. Lauderdale has the most active Artificial Reef Program.Short Boat Rides S. Florida's reef track begins less than a 1/4 mile offshore. You'll have made 2 dives before you could get to the keys! Drift Dives Does the thought of lazily drifting along the reef with the current and surfacing when you are ready appeal to you? Accommodations: We have every style and price to fit your taste or budget. From quaint cottages to luxury 5 star hotels. Rated Top Ten Scuba Diving Magazine rated SE Florida top ten in "World's best Wreck Diving, Marine Life & Value Destination", in 2004.
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic group to dive with”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

On whim I decided to check out SFDH which came highly recommended by my dive shop. I say a whim because I'm staying an hour away in Juno beach and could have gone 15 minutes up the road and dove. The staff were awesome, friendly, and very knowledgeable. It stormed in the morning and the crew were very conscious of the conditions and safety. I dove with a group of snorkelers and one student taking his check out dives. We dove the SS Copenhagen and the Nursery, it was a fantastic experience, one I hope to repeat later in the week.

I enjoyed my time with SFDH and look forward to diving with them again.

1 Thank PAnative026

Newnan, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanks for another great adventure”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

As we are driving back to Atlanta, we haven’t stopped talking about how wonderful of an experience our most recent trip down was to see you all. As you know, we have been coming to SFDH for about 10 years now. Although Atlanta makes for a much further trek than Lakeland to see you all, it is always worth the trip, and this time was no exception.
All too often, customers are quite willing to tell you of their complaints, but we wanted to share with you one of the many reasons we keep coming back. It really comes down to the caliber of people that make the adventure special.
Javier and I have followed the career of John Chatterton for quite some time, watching Deep Sea Detectives, his Titanic documentaries, as well as reading Shadow Divers and his most recent blogs. We could hardly contain our excitement in being on the Black Pearl with him on Saturday. Just the evening before we were speaking with Captain/Divemaster Darin about how much we admired his work. Before getting on the boat we mentioned to Captain Dennis how excited we were that we would be on the boat with him. Darin was so kind as make our introductions on the boat so that we could express our admiration of his work. Not wanting to disturb the “self reliant” diver, we sat in the front as usual and did our first drift dive with some other divers.
Unbeknownst to us, while on our first dive, Dennis was radioing Captain Sean from the other boat to ask John if he would mind diving with us. Prior to us surfacing from our dive, Sean and Darin spoke with John. When John came to speak with us and ask to dive with him on the second dive, Javier and I could hardly contain our excitement. That second dive on the Sanctuary was one we will never forget. We enjoyed watching him operate underwater and are thrilled to be able to scratch that off of our bucket list!
Dennis didn’t have to make that call. Darin didn’t have to make the introductions. Sean didn’t have to speak with John about us. But they all did. It’s those little things that make the big difference. It’s what they do to make sure everyone that visits has a safe and fun experience. The team you have at SFDH is like our extended family. Their generosity, friendship, and unwavering kindness mean more to us than we could ever express. It is because of them we keep coming back, and why it is so hard to leave each time.
Thanks again for a memorable experience. We look forward to seeing you again in a month or two.

Punta Gorda, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Angels on the Aqua View”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Chris and Shawn (Sean? Shaun?), crewing the "Aqua View" were fun, funny, interesting, and yet so professional. It was a full boat, with 13 divers and 10 snorkelers but they were attentive and helpful to every single person. Their facts, stories, and jokes made for a wonderful trip, but it was their help and attention that sets off South Florida Diving Headquarters as THE place to go.

Montreal, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Wonderful value and a great experience”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very friendly, entertaining and competent captain and divemaster. There were only 5 customers on the boat – 2 for scuba and 3 for snorkelling. Excellent value with two dives – one with nurse sharks and one over a wreck. We shall certainly go with them again.

Visited April 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Friendly, knowledgable staff”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been diving for a couple of years now, in both Florida and the Gulf of Mexico, and I thought Jeff and his crew were top notch. My primary experience was with Captain Rick and Dive Master Nicole, but I also took a ride with Captain Dennis and Dive Master Sean. Five trips and they were consistently attentive to diver safety and satisfaction. Boats were in great shape. The divers' experience was first priority, and on two occasions we steamed back to home base a little behind schedule because the dives ran a little longer than expected. I was working on navigation exercises, complained about my compass, and without prompting Rick rustled up an analog for me as a substitute. I can't imagine diving with anyone else out of Pompano/Ft Lauderdale.

Visited April 2013