“Best charter in South Florida” 5 of 5 bubbles

South Florida Diving Headquarters
Ranked #2 of 40 Tours in Pompano Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you are Scuba Diving or Snorkeling from Palm Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania Beach and Miami call South Florida Diving Headquarters. We can accommodate large groups with our spacious 45' power cats or small private charters on our smaller 34' dive boat. If you're by yourself, no problem, we can always hook you up with a buddy on one of our daily dive trips. We have something for all ages & skill levels. "You can dive, snorkel or watch from above all on the same boat. "Why Choose South Florida? Because Pompano Beach and Ft. Lauderdale have: Biodiversity South Florida reefs are teaming with tropical fish, the same species seen throughout the Caribbean. Accessibility Come by plane, train or automobile. Three international airports, cheap airfares. No passport required and no entry & exit fees. Quick easy access down A1A from Deerfield and Ft. Lauderdale. Dive Conditions Because of the close proximity of the Gulf Stream, SE Florida reefs are bathed in warm clear water year around. Wreck Diving Capitol The Gold Coast claims over 100 shipwrecks in all depth ranges. Greater Ft. Lauderdale has the most active Artificial Reef Program.Short Boat Rides S. Florida's reef track begins less than a 1/4 mile offshore. You'll have made 2 dives before you could get to the keys! Drift Dives Does the thought of lazily drifting along the reef with the current and surfacing when you are ready appeal to you? Accommodations: We have every style and price to fit your taste or budget. From quaint cottages to luxury 5 star hotels. Rated Top Ten Scuba Diving Magazine rated SE Florida top ten in "World's best Wreck Diving, Marine Life & Value Destination", in 2004.
Pompano Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best charter in South Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am a local. I own my own boat, and I scuba dive a lot. Usually every weekend, and sometimes during the week too. I logged 177 dives last year. Sometimes I like to take a break from my boat, for various reasons, and when I do, I always book with South Florida Dive Headquarters. The guys are all locals, and have grown up here and knowing all the great dive sites. From nice scenic bubble blowing on the reef, to intense 220 foot deep technical dives, South Florida Dive Headquarters has got it going on. You really cannot go wrong booking your dive trip through these guys. Their boats are right at the inlet, which is a huge plus. In addition, there is ample parking there, and it is free. I dive with these guys frequently and have dove with them for a long time now. I can assure you that you will have a wonderful time diving with them!

Visited March 2013
3 Thank FED34571

Jupiter, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not only work there but refuse to go elswhere if South Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am a PADI/SSI/IANTD /TDI instructor! I know Jeff and Sherry and the entire operation since I moved here from San Francisco, CA. I worked at Divers Direct briefly. As a Divers Direct instructor I brought all my classes and student to SFDH. SFDH is an outstanding dive operation. Jeff and Sherry along with the rest of the staff is top notch, I will not go elsewhere in South Florida. What I like about SFDH is not only the best dives sites in the States but the culture which Sherry and Jeff implemented: the customer always comes first and everybody does their very best always to provide the best diving experience! I work there ever since. Otto L Gabriel 5000+ dives from all over the world, 500+ students certified. 561-972-0520

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ottolgabriel
Fargo, ND
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“First time snorkeling could not have gone better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was our first time snorkeling and they delivered! They take you to two different locations; one over a reef with MANY things to see. The other location is over a blown up shipwreck. The shipwreck area was cloudy on this day, so we couldn't see much. The first location we saw so many things and it was so much fun. Definitely worth a stop to see them, and very reasonably priced. We paid $40 a person, and we had about 45 mins at each location. Rick and Nick were alot of fun on the boat and knew many stories about the area!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank OceanGirl88
Breckenridge, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Diving Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I'm an experienced diver, and also experienced with diving in Florida. I've found that these guys are always a good time. The captains and crew are always courteous, helpful, and professional. , Not to mention the prices can't be beat in Pompano Beach. This is my favorite operation in this region of Florida.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Michelle E
Concord, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Boat was falling apart! Dive master inexperienced. More interested in his looks than his customers.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

As above, the boat was falling apart. A speaker fell off the ceiling of the bridge, narrowly missing a divers head. The dive master was unprofessional and unhelpful to the divers. More interested in flexing his muscles and the highlights in his hair than safety or customer service. The captain was helpful, but the disorganization os the rest of the trip did not make up for is charm.

Visited December 2012
6 Thank Diventhusiast
DuckDiverllc, Public Relations Manager at South Florida Diving Headquarters, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
This is long overdue. On behalf of SFDH, we are sorry you did not enjoy your trip. We take exceptional care of our boats; however the marine environment is extremely hostile. Sometimes things break. As for the performance of the dive master… you definitely caught him on an off day. Our divemasters, captains and instructors are some of the best around, and we see thousands of happy customers a year. We kindly ask that you set aside your initial impression of us and give us another shot. Happy Diving!