Review Highlights
Great dive shop

Brad the captain was great and handled the boat so well. Sean the dive master even gave me his coat... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
JaJo46
Kaysville, Utah
via mobile
Great time

I had a blast diving with SFDH this past weekend. Great crew and lots of fun on the boats. Even... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jennap987
Austin, Texas
via mobile

All reviews black pearl dive master south florida aqua view these guys nurse sharks fresh pineapple great dive captain bradley fish glass bottom crackers mini season lady luck great staff ship wreck snorkeling experience
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am a PADI/SSI/IANTD /TDI instructor! I know Jeff and Sherry and the entire operation since I moved here from San Francisco, CA. I worked at Divers Direct briefly. As a Divers Direct instructor I brought all my classes and student to SFDH. SFDH is an outstanding dive operation. Jeff and Sherry along with the rest of the staff is top notch, I will not go elsewhere in South Florida. What I like about SFDH is not only the best dives sites in the States but the culture which Sherry and Jeff implemented: the customer always comes first and everybody does their very best always to provide the best diving experience! I work there ever since. Otto L Gabriel 5000+ dives from all over the world, 500+ students certified. 561-972-0520

Date of experience: March 2013
2  Thank ottolgabriel
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was our first time snorkeling and they delivered! They take you to two different locations; one over a reef with MANY things to see. The other location is over a blown up shipwreck. The shipwreck area was cloudy on this day, so we couldn't see much. The first location we saw so many things and it was so much fun. Definitely worth a stop to see them, and very reasonably priced. We paid $40 a person, and we had about 45 mins at each location. Rick and Nick were alot of fun on the boat and knew many stories about the area!

Date of experience: February 2013
2  Thank OceanGirl88
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I'm an experienced diver, and also experienced with diving in Florida. I've found that these guys are always a good time. The captains and crew are always courteous, helpful, and professional. , Not to mention the prices can't be beat in Pompano Beach. This is my favorite operation in this region of Florida.

Date of experience: February 2013
2  Thank Michelle E
Reviewed January 1, 2013

As above, the boat was falling apart. A speaker fell off the ceiling of the bridge, narrowly missing a divers head. The dive master was unprofessional and unhelpful to the divers. More interested in flexing his muscles and the highlights in his hair than safety or customer service. The captain was helpful, but the disorganization os the rest of the trip did not make up for is charm.

Date of experience: December 2012
8  Thank Diventhusiast
DuckDiverllc, Public Relations Manager at South Florida Diving Headquarters, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

This is long overdue. On behalf of SFDH, we are sorry you did not enjoy your trip. We take exceptional care of our boats; however the marine environment is extremely hostile. Sometimes things break. As for the performance of the dive master… you definitely caught him on an off day. Our divemasters, captains and instructors are some of the best around, and we see thousands of happy customers a year. We kindly ask that you set aside your initial impression of us and give us another shot. Happy Diving!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I discovered this operator while on a trip to North Broward county with relatives in 2001; at the time, nurse shark and stingray/moray eel feeding dives were being offered.
I enjoyed the convenience of a short trip to the inlet and dive sites, the access to drift diving over coral reefs, and wreck diving (I'm personallly partial to the drift diving). With three boats, you could choosewhether you want to go reef, wreck, deep, moderate, or shallow. The reefs and marine life are fairly comparable to the nearby Keys and Baahamas, and the Pompano/Deerfield area isn't as hectic as lower Broward and Dade counties, and the area has alot to offwe non-divers, and time for me to join them after a morning of diving. I have always found the staff and crew to be professional and helpful and eager to make sure that people have a pleasant time. I go to North Broward once or twice a year now and always book at least a couple of trips with SFDH. I personally like the drift dives over the reefs, where I can do photography. I hope to keep diving with these guys for at least another decade.

Date of experience: July 2012