“Family outing to the movies to get away from HEAT :)”

Muvico Broward 18 Theater
Montreal, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Family outing to the movies to get away from HEAT :)”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

While on vacation we decided to go to the movies one afternoon to escape the Florida heat...Since we are Canadian, we were all surprised to find this place served hotdogs, tacos, beer and wine. The Husband and I enjoyed a nice cold beer while munching on popcorn while the teens enjoyed the hotdogs with root beer. Theater was large, clean, seating was comfortable and staff was friendly.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank AnaMontreal_Canada

Brooklyn, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice and comfortable”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Movie Theatre shows numerous movies. Clean and serves beer or wine. You get a bracelet indicating you are of age to have adult beverages (after looking at your ID).

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Trini847
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Place for Movies”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This movie theater had a large variety of movies, great popcorn and snacks, and the atmosphere was great. They even had a preview of the newest seats available for movie theaters.

Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Terrible experience at the movies- and complete rip off. Don't Go.”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

While on vacation we went to see the newTom Cruise movie Edge of Tomorrow. We paid extra to have reserved seats and watch the movie in "D Box" 3D. From the minute the previews started, my friends and I could tell that something was off with the picture quality. It looked like everything had a blue tint to it, or that we were watching it through a projector with some of the colors muted. We hoped that this would be just for the previews, but unfortunately when the movie started nothing changed. The whole thing looked old and faded. It looked like we were watching from a very bad projection system - or that the digital files were missing certain colors. The picture was flat also. I left the cinema to call a manager. She came to look at it and said that she couldn't see a problem.
It's pretty hard to believe that a large cinema complex charging over $20 per ticket thinks this is acceptable to show their audiences. Several other people in the theater also agreed but nothing was done about it. Had my friends not already started watching the movie, we would have left and asked for our money back, something I think the manager should have offered. But maybe she's just used to watching a bad picture with bad projectors there- it's really hard to say.
The next night we went to another cinema in Boca with beautiful vibrant colors and sharp picture. It was more than obvious that something was very wrong at the Movieco.
I wrote the head office to let them know about the situation. It took 3 days to receive a form letter asking me for more info, even though I had sent a very detailed account of my experience there.

What bothers me most isn't the money- it's that my experience with this new movie that I was looking forward to seeing- and my night out - was completely ruined. I will never go back and wanted to warn others.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jonathan S
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice theatre”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Clean, nice seating and sound - great snacks and popcorn. They have the special theatre that has the moving chairs for special effects - D Box. I haven't experienced that yet.

Visited May 2014