“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Seaside Grill

Seaside Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Seaside Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 356 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the historic Lighthouse Cove Resort, Seaside Grill was opened in the fall of 2011 by Owner Bret Hughes. Our vision is to create a fun and casual dining atmosphere on the beautiful Atlantic Shores of Pompano Beach. We serve wonderful and original seafood specials along with other delicious Floridian fare. Call us biased, but we think Seaside Grill is the perfect place to host your events or simply a great place to cheer on the Dolphins (or Steelers!) while chugging frosty brew.. Our beautiful beach side view couples perfectly with our various food offerings to give your event what it needs to impress any attendees. Fresh seafood, ocean views and frosty cocktails...come and experience what everyone is talking about.
Home
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had a restaurant.com certificate, thank goodness because the food was not worth the prices. Steak was overdone, pork chops dry and lobster tasteless. Said ocean view and it was there but you had to look over a hotel pool full of people to barely see it. Decor was old and out of date. The waitress was very good. Will not go back.

2 Thank Mabird43

Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
“Food Was Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, I wasn't certain I wanted to eat here, so, my friend and I agreed to meet for drinks there, then decide. The Seaside Grill is very close to where we both live, it's on the ocean, always looking for something new.
When I first walked in, there was a bit of a musty smell, not awful, but, the building is old, and it is on the ocean.
I was immediately greeted and welcomed by the hostess, told her I was meeting someone at the bar, which was very nice. We ordered drinks from our bartender Heather, very generous pours. The menu did look good, we started with the spinach parmesan dip, rather safe. It was delicious! Lots of cheese and spinach, a little kick to it AND the tortilla chips were thin and very fresh. no hint of being out in the sea air.
Our bartender was great so we stayed at the bar. We both ordered the diver scallops on a bed of spinach and rice, I think there were six scallops, good portion. They were cooked perfectly for our taste, very tender, not over or under cooked, with a bit of blackening seasoning, not overpowering for such a delicate shellfish.
The indoor bar was perfect. There is an outdoor tiki bar, too windy that evening. The dining room area is very open, but, a bit dark. There is a nice view of the ocean.
By the way, we were there on filet mignon night, sold out around 8:15. It DID look very rare ever time I saw it.
We will definitely return.

1 Thank saj1001
Fort Lauderdale
“An OK experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here on a Sunday night. The restaurant itself is nothing special. It has what I would call typical local bar tables and chairs. The view to the east is toward a pool with the ocean beyond. The view to the North is toward an outdoor bar that had live entertainment that could not be heard in the restaurant. (Until we went over there after dinner, I was not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. As it turned out, we would not have minded listening to the music as we ate) The service was fine and the food good. However, I don't think the prices fit the overall experience.

Syracuse, New York
“So Close to a Very Good Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went in on a Tuesday night for the Fillet Special. It was a great price $10.99 for a fillet and two sides. However I ordered it medium and ir was clearly medium RARE. It was not pink- it was red. I would have sent it back to get cooked a bit more, but the waiter never came over to ask how our food was. The two sides were good- I had mashed potatoes and green beans. They were good but I wish there was more of them! Dessert was good but definitely not homemade. Just to note, the waiter did eventually come over but it was way to late to say anything and he was very nice.

Visited May 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Five stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

To start off, I never write reviews on sites like these but after our experience I felt compelled to.

I have a huge family (9 brothers and sisters) so holidays are always a big pain to organize and prepare for. Being such a large family we all don't get together that often because of conflicting schedules but Mothers Day is the one time of the year where we all make an effort to get together because our Mom is the greatest woman in the world! We have always all gone to mom's house for the holiday but now as we're all getting older and starting to have more kids of our own we decided to go out for the holiday rather than do all the cooking. Boy what a great idea that was because cooking for 31 people is a daunting task. I was worried being the first year our party was not at home that the day wouldn't be the same but we were in for a great surprise!

I heard about an all you can eat buffet at a nice restaurant on the beach from a friend. We got lucky and called early enough for our reservations that they seated us in the lower level what they called 'the fishbowl'. It was perfect, we were right by the windows with beautiful view of the ocean. It helped being an absolutely gorgeous day out.

The food was delicious, my favorite was the sweet ham and pineapples, so juicy! I was surprised at the selection and variety of the buffet. They had everything from crab legs to jumbo shrimp to a carving station and even fried chicken which was great for the kids. They had a table full of deserts, the kids went crazy over the tiramisu in a cup! Im not an alcohol drinker but my sisters all got their Monster Margaritas and wow were they big! It was almost the size of their heads! They all took a picture holding them up with the ocean in the background, it made for a really good picture.

The service was outstanding. We had two real nice servers named Mike and Bo who were definitely on the ball. They always had the tables cleared of empty plates and made sure everyone always had a full drink. They did however include an 18% gratuity because our party was so large, but we ended of giving them an extra $100 because we were so pleased with their service.

The only bad thing about the place was the limited free parking available. When we got their the lot was full, luckily they had a valet service otherwise we would of never been able to park. The valet was a nice young man named Steve, who you could tell was working hard just by the amount of sweat on his shirt. We felt kind of bad because we slammed him with six cars at the same time but he seemed to handle himself very well and got us in very quickly, which was nice especially since we were limited to two hours for the buffet because of the holiday. As we were leaving Steve gave us each a 'gold key' which was really cool looking and told us that they appreciated our business and they also understand how parking is tough here so anytime we come back to show this key for reduced valet. It was pleasant to see this restaurant understands their one blip which is parking and has addressed this issue with a reduced service price for repeat business.

All in all, the service was what really made me want to write a review. I would strongly recommend this place to anyone based on just the service alone. The food and atmosphere was good as well which made for a great Mother's Day. And the best part was there is no dishes to clean up after we ate! Im pretty sure we've found our new place for our Mothers Day celebration for many years to come! Thanks Seaside Grill!!