“Great cheap eats!”

Fish Shack
Ranked #1 of 369 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Delicious! No frills but the food was great.
We enjoyed two juicy, well cooked fish sandwiches, slightly overcooked but flavourful conch fritters and a top notch key lime pie - all at bargain prices.
Look forward to eating here next time we're in town.

2  Thank Sam L

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Hey! If you have not been to this place or heard of it I am not surprised. I have never heard of this place before being taken by a friend. I just came back from the Keys a week earlier so I thought this place would just be okay. The food is outstanding!! I had blackened Dolphin with conch bites to start. It's a lunch place for sure and it's short on space. The charm is in the small space and basic decor. You may have to stand or belly up to the bar for lunch but that's what makes this place so good.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We found this place in trip advisor and gave it a try. It is a small place tucked back in a neighborhood. Very small and seats about 25. Conch fritters were awesome and so was the fried platter. Expect to wait and eat off of cheesy wooded dishes.... Enjoy !!!! We will go back.

1  Thank CarrieMcGinnis
Reviewed May 30, 2014

After searching for the best places to eat I found a high review for this restaurant. My husband and I went out of our way to find this "shack" to order a take out fish dinner. On Wednesday we ordered a cod fish sandwich (tasteless and soggy) and a side order of conch fritters (burnt to a crisp and rubbery with poor dough mixtures). Since we weren't close to our hotel to return the items we just took it as a wash and dumped the fritters and my husband chewed down the cod fish complaining as he ate. What a waste. When good reviews are given companies should at least do product control (putting burnt up fritters in a bag, taking my money and smiling at me as I left) was so disgusting to me. Obviously someone saw they were burnt to a crisp. I love my conch fritters and seek them out every chance I go to South Florida and Nassau. This was a total waste. NOT WORTH THE TRIP.

2  Thank Pammo1949
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a very small restaurant tucked behind Federal Highway, US 1. The fish is always fresh, prepared to your liking and reasonably priced. Love the Mahi Mahi and Grouper grilled or blackened. Beer and Wine are very reasonable, house-type variety. It's a local eatery, but because of such positive newspaper reviews, you may want to select an off-time to avoid the lines. There is no bar scene, don't expect waiting at the bar.

1  Thank Joycetoo2014