“True Florida Seafood”

Fish Shack
Ranked #1 of 376 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Its as simple as this....you will be hard pressed to find better seafood in South Florida. The Fish Shack can rival some of the Florida Keys finest. Yes, it is that good. The conch salad is as authentic as the Bahamas. I usually get the grouper or triple tail-fried platter. Must get a piece of key lime pie as well. Prices are very fair. Now the seating is only 4 tables and a bar. They have limited hours and I think are closed on Sundays. Do yourself a favor and stop into the Fish Shack.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

...Fish Shack rocks! I've been trying to find a decent seafood restaurant ever since the plane landed 5.5 years ago. Friends have suggested I try Fish Shack. All the reviews I read gave the restaurant rave reviews. I was not disappointed. From the time my Mom and I walked in until we left, we were made to feel special. I had the conch. It was very well prepared and quite good. My Mom ordered the garlic butter shrimp. Words cannot adequately describe how good it was. The service and overall atmosphere of the restaurant was upbeat and friendly. On the way out my Mom asked me to take her back real soon. She said it was like being at home. What better kudos can a restuarant receive?

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I had to stop by because of the reviews on TA. It was a little tricky to find (off the main road) once we found it it was worth the trip. The fish is unbelievably delicious and well worth the wait. It is a small place not many seats, if you are looking for a fine sit down dinner this is not for you. If you are looking for some great fish at a reasonable price you are in the right place!!! We will be sure to come back when we are in south Florida :) Staff is supper friendly as well. Try it you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine brought me for a birthday dinner last week and it was fantastic. We both enjoyed the seafood platter which featured fresh mahi, scallops and shrimp. Both dinners came with a salad and a side (fries, rice or slaw). I had mine Cajun (spicy) and my friend had hers blackened. You could also get fried or broiled. Everything was fantastic. Today I had to come back to try the shrimp and scallop burger. It was off the hook! Fresh shrimp and scallops with a little egg white for binder and that's all. There were no brad crumbs as filler. This place is a hidden gem tucked in a neighborhood just off Federal Highway in Pompano. I suggest going in early because there are only 4 tables and about 8 bar stools. I hesitated to put this review up not because I didn't think that they deserve it, by because I almost don't want this secret to get out to more people. I want to be able to get a seat when the snowbirds come back. Great job and thank you folks.

1  Thank Waltfab
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We read the reviews and gave it a try......so glad we did! We arrived around 12:30 on a Tuesday afternoon and immediately found an available table! Seemed to be mostly locals who were there. The blackened grouper was fabulous as was the fried cod! The garlic shrimp was amazing.....made with lots of fresh garlic and butter! Will most likely go back again before our vacation is over! Definitely recommend you try this place!!!