“Great hidden gem!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great hidden gem!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Sure it's in a strip mall, but don't don't let that deter you. The service was excellent: both friendly and personable. The prices were very reasonable. Not much room for seating, but we found a table right away, and the food came quick. We had the shrimp and scallop burger as well as the New England clam chowder and both were great - with the chowder possibly being the best we've ever had. Our companion from Maine thought the ipswich clams were among the best he'd ever had as well. Using the bathroom led to a view of a very clean kitchen area, and they even took time to finish cutting up a partially cut pineapple that we had purchased elsewhere! Great place, don't miss it!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank ACS333

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great little dive!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our server, Nicole, and the cook were so friendly. Nicole suggested that my husband and I try the fried conch. Neither of us had it before and it was delicious! I had the garlic butter scallops and my husband had the grilled combo. Both were great. If I'm ever in the area again I'd definitely eat here.

• Visited October 2012
Amarillo TX
“Best kept secret no more!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After looking for this place for 1/2 an hour - we actually stopped a women who was putting out her trash!! She told us how to find it. Apparently, there are 2 'NE 17th' in PB. We ate there 4 times in 5 days - and wish we had more time to keep trying everything. The sordfish, mahi, (and I think grouper) were all fresh, along with Ipswich clams. My husband had blackened mahi twice (13.), loving it, I had the swordfish grilled once (13.), and the clams another (14.). Fresh fried clams - omg - delicious!! Everything was so good. I also tried both soups , the clam chowder (4.) and the lobster bisque (5.). Delish!! Also, the cracked conch is an appetizer (9.), but big enough for it's own dinner. The only thing I wasn't totally thrilled with were the sea scallops, I had them in garlic and butter, but they were a bit gritty - so I wouldn't order them again.

So here's how you find it!! If you're going North on US1/Federal highway, go pass Copans and you will see a Ford dealership on the left. There's a little road there - NE 28th - take a left (no stop light there). You'll see a little alley on the right - take it, go a few yards in and you will see a small strip of stores - and there it is!!

It's a small restaurant - so you may have to wait or get take out!! Very friendly, great prices for fresh seafood, and 1.50 for a mug of beer. We got 2 dinners, appetizers and spent around 35.00 each time. Loved it!!

• Visited October 2012
SHELTON
“A diamond in the rough”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Almost didn't stop in when we saw the place. But so glad we did. Based on reviews by Tripadvisor folks we tried it and were very glad we did. Fresh, perfectly cooked fish! And the price is right! Very laid back, luncheonette style eatery. But yummy food and friendly waitress ....Nicole.

Gibsonville
“Fresh and delicious”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

How has this place been kept a secret? Will go back when we are anywhere close to this restaurant. My husband and I ate at the Fish Shack with Christopher788. He beat me to the review, but the food was so good, had to write one too! It was hard to find a reasonably priced seafood restaurant in the area that wasn't a chain that served a fish my hubby would try (flounder is his fish). Cracked Conch appetizer was suggested by waitress; it was outstanding. We had the grouper and the sampler of scallops, shrimp and mahi; both were delicious. The servings were good size, husband liked the $1.50 draft in the frosty mug. Only thing that would have made it better would have been: if we had found it before our last night in Pompano Beach, sweet tea and hush puppies (for us southerners), in house homemade key lime pie and an XL t-shirt for sale:-)

Visited October 2012