“Nice place and nice owners”
Review of Sea Horse Motel

Sea Horse Motel
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here in November this year for a few weeks. I stayed in room 2 which is one of their standard rooms for a few days and then moved into room 5 which was larger and had it's own kitchen and sitting area. I found both the rooms very clean and Darren and Philip the owners extremely helpful and kind. If you are looking for somewhere quiet but close to the beach you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: If you are staying more than a few days pay the extra money and go for one of their efficiencies.
Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank gluegirl7

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I booked this property very last minute and late in the evening. The owner was very kind and made sure we had everything we needed. We booked a basic room with a king size bed. They also have larger rooms with kitchenettes but we opted for the least expensive. The room was very clean and had a charming look and feel to it. The bed was comfortable, the A/C was cold, and we had a great stay! I'm not sure what other people were talking about, but we received prompt housekeeping service during our stay. The pool area was nice although we didn't actually use it. It appeared that the beach was right across the street (on the other side of some condos) but we never walked over to it so I can't comment on the beach either. If we ever find ourselves in Pompano Beach again, this will definitely be where we stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather V
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Sea Horse as we wanted to visit the Ft Lauderdale area prior to the departure of our cruise. We were looking for a well mantained, no frills place at a resonable price with access to ocean, dining and relatively close to Criuse port. We found all of this here.

The facility is well maintained both inside and out, the owner/operators live on site. You can contact them the old fashioned way if you wish. Knock on their door!

Facility is retro 60's with original tile fixtures etc. Renovated where it was needed. Owners gave us a tour of a couple of unrented rooms. Each is slightly different and it was neat to see the different period decorating themes etc.

It was refreshing to find a neat quirky place with very helpful people running it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dan M
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Sea Horse is perfectly located to the beach and restaurants. Beach access is just across the street. Pompano's ocean front walk has been updated and is just beautiful: restaurants, a bit of shopping, and Razzleberry's Ice Cream are all within walking distance. The motel's rooms are perfect: clean, updated, full kitchens, fantastic showers, and a great pool. The grounds are super nice and there is a feeling of openness because the property is not [yet] surrounded by highrises. Darren and Phillip are great hosts; accomodating and attentive. It's all about comfort and value and truly vacationing here. This will be our second home, so glad to have discovered it. See you next year, hopefully!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 which was bright and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MedfordMA
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My father has stayed at this hotel several times when he has come down to visit, so I've seen several different rooms at the hotel. The rooms are very clean and look like they've been completely renovated. The rooms have wood floors and full kitchens with the necessary utensils. The grounds are well-kept, and the pool is heated (useful for the few months a year where it needs to be). The owners are incredibly nice and gracious. And best of all? You cross the street and you're at the beach. Although I've never rented a room to know the cost, my father says that it's a great value, and he'd recommend this hotel to others, as would I.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharif_M
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I came across this wonderful quaint little motel by chance, and I am so happy that I did! What a breath of fresh air... The rooms are adorable and clean. The owners were so friendly and helpful - I felt as if I stepped back on time! If you are looking for a quiet, affordable and home like environment that is steps away from the ocean and close to all the eateries of the Fort Lauderdale and Pompano area - this is it! It was so clean and well maintained, that I felt as if I was staying at a friend's home!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Sandee1961
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Owner was friendly even though we did not meet him, it was a shame we were there for 2 days and did not get clean sheets or towels , I have stayed in many hotels in Florida and everyone offers room service except for this one I guess they did not mind charing my card. Woody Rusinovich

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Woody R
SeahorsePompano, Owner at Sea Horse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

First, thank you for choosing to stay at our motel. It is our policy to always do our best to accommodate our guests, especially when arriving at difficult hours. While you reserved a room for 2 days, you did not arrive until day 2. Numerous attempts to complete your registration in person failed. Due to the number of calls made, our expectation was that if something was needed, you would have returned our calls & stated as such. We received neither calls nor requests in person requesting anything, nor any attempt to resolve registration issues. We apologize that our service was so deplorable that it required you to post your first review though you state you’ve stayed in many hotels in Florida.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Sea Steps Suites
Sea Steps Suites
#8 of 38 in Pompano Beach

Been to Sea Horse Motel? Share your experiences!