“Awesome place...Great Owners...Highly recommend”
Review of Sea Horse Motel

Sea Horse Motel
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is an older independent hotel. The owners just took it over a year ago but they have made SO many updates it is unreal. All the paint is fresh and clean. Our room was fantastically decorated, really comfortable, and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was perfect and the shower was big and roomy. The heated pool was great and we enjoyed coffee with the other guests and owners each morning around it. We liked it so much that we tried to stay for a few more days only they were booked, which was not a surprise. The value for the money spent here is great. My girlfriend and I both loved this place and we will most certainly be back!

• Stayed: February 2012
There are newer reviews for Sea Horse Motel

Reviewed February 9, 2012

We found a little gem tucked away in Pompano Beach. Each room is a different theme. Absolutely spotless. Wonderful service personalized to each guest. Our hosts made us feel right at home from the minute we arrived and could not do enough for us. They were a fount of knowledge of local activities and information. We stayed for the entire month of Janusry and it was not enough, can't wait for next year as we plan to spend an entire 3 months there.

Mary Yule
Chateauguay,Quebec

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My wife and I traveled to the pompano beach area as a staging area for a trip to the Keys. What we found was a great little Motel with wonderful proprieters that were willing to personally ensure your your comfort and security. Punctuated with a beatifull heated pool, this recently renovated Motel has rooms with or without a kitchenette. Everything was emaculate and well kept. Our freinds traveling with us were able to have a room next door and the pool area is a great community area for relaxing and enjoying Florida's beutifull weather. Our location is just across the street from the Beaches with plent of beach access points and a wide selection of beach front Tiki Bars and restautrants to choose from. The drive from the Ft Lauderdale airport is less than 20 minutes, making this a great choice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have stayed at many places while visiting family in the Pompano Beach area. The reality is that typically you wither pay way too much for a decent, clean place or you're left staying in a room which is substandard. The Seahorse Motel and Resort in Pompano Beach is very reasonably priced, and it is certainly a clean and extremely comfortable place to stay with many amenities.
What first caught my attention about the Seahorse Motel was its pristine appearance amidst the slew of mediocre looking places nearby. The lovely blush color of the building and its tidiness from the outside was encouraging. After meeting the very professional yet welcoming proprieters and seeing the absolutely lovely room (available to view on their seahorsepompano.com), I was more than happy to commit to spending my nights in Florida at this accomodation. I was able to sleep well, feeling safe and comfortable. I took advantage of the free wireless and, of course, the access to the pristine, quiet beach right across the street.
This location is perfect for me because it is a calm setting yet very close to Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton. I look forward to staying here again when I return to south Florida!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This motel is clean, cumfy, well appointed and in great shape to be on the ocean. We love it for BBQ’ing with family & eating by the pool. The pool and the grounds are clean and beautiful. You can walk across the street & watch the sunrise or stroll to the pier in the evening. You will become your neighbor’s friend... if you want to relax, and relax, and relax, in your flip flops, tanks, etc with no worries, this is the spot.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank D W
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My out of town experience at this Motel was very unpleasant, disappointing and a costly inconvenience. I had encountered Palmettos (bugs) and Lizards in my room. There was no Housekeeping service, none that I saw.A sign that read " pool closed". "no refunds", is their policy.Well "no repeat business", or "referals" from me either. Regardless of differences, position, title, or age they did not treat me with professional respect and courtesy, continued my vacation at a different hotel.

Room Tip: "Make sure the pool is open". "Housekeeping service". "Get value for you...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank MikeLagrimas
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I spent the July 4th weekend here, staying Fri, Sat and Sun. From the moment I checked in until I left, everything was wonderful. The owners do a great job of keeping everything immaculate and making you feel at home. The pool was sparkling and inviting, just in case you feel like using it instead of walking across A1A to the beach. Each of the rooms is decorated differently, each having its own character, but all are lovely (the owners showed me most of the room that weren't booked). The room I stayed in was peaceful and extremely comfortable. I had a refrigerator and coffee maker in my room and there is a washer and dryer on the property, just in case. Some of the rooms have actual kitchenettes, which would be great if you were staying a week or so. The management is happy to give you directions or suggestions for restaurants and other local destinations. I will definitely be staying here next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo