Wyndham Santa Barbara
$169
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Beachcomber Resort and Villas(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$106
Groupon.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$134
$126
Sea Horse Motel(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
Sea Steps Suites(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
Shores Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
$79
Sea Cove Motel(Pompano Beach)
$62
$58
The Palms On Ocean(Pompano Beach)
$79
$77
Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
$154
All reviewsroyal vistaacross the streetfull kitchenintercoastal waterwaytime sharebeach accesssister propertywrap around balconyjacuzzi tubbedroom condopool areafront office staffwasher and dryerqueen bedfitness roomthrough rciliving area
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We rented a one bedroom condo for one week at a great price. The condo had plenty of space and very clean. There are 3 other Wyndham resorts in the area and you get access to all of them. In particular, Wyndham Royal Vista, across the street which has beach access as well as a nicer bar and several swimming pools. We didn't mind taking the short walk. Beware that this is a timeshare resort so you may get a bit of a pushing to attend a presentation with a promise of a free gift, etc. The only negative is the location. You'll need to talk for about half an hour to the nearest decent restaurant if you don't have a car. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike O
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We've been Wyndham owners for 10+ years, and this is the first time I couldn't wait to leave a resort. The one saving grace that our room (which was supposedly "the best in the resort") had was the view. Although you're across the street from the ocean, you can see it from the dining room window, and you can somewhat see the Intracoastal Waterway from the balcony. But the comfort of the room was 100% missing, and we spent a fair amount of time in the room, especially at night. For an entire week I didn't sleep because there are no ceiling fans, and the rooms get warm and stuffy, but the A/C wouldn't come on after a certain hour. So I dozed from 10 p.m. to about 1 a.m., and then slept fitfully for another couple of hours, because we were warm. Tried sleeping on the incredibly hard and uncomfortable couch, but the living room got just as warm as the bedroom. My husband is thin and couldn't sit on the one hard & uncomfortable chair in the living room for any length of time. The bathroom is lovely but they have the fan tied in with the light, and the fan was SO loud that the noise reverberated in my ears even after I turned it off. During the day we worked on our computers at the dining room table, and the vent for the A/C blew directly on us, so we had to constantly turn the A/C down, then we'd get warm so we'd put on sweaters and turn it up again. My husband disliked the size of the unit. Although it's a 2 bedroom, he was bumping into the couch, the kitchen counter, or the kitchen basket because it's a small 2 bedroom. If we had ever brought guests with us, we would have been tripping over each other. Except for Cheryl, a very pleasant and helpful concierge, there's nothing at this resort that we could recommend. Most disappointing Wyndham vacation we've taken. But we love the Pompano-Lauderdale area and will go back to staying at Wyndham Palm Aire. You don't know until you try a resort whether you'll be comfortable or not, so lesson learned.

Room Tip: There appear to be one bedroom suites which, from the other reviews that I read, are more spacious than the two bedrooms. We were in unit 1010. Perhaps the other reviewers sleep better in warm rooms than we do. Maybe our unit was deficient and we just didn't realize it. But we won't give Santa Barbara another chance to disappoint us.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Linda H
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Nice view from our room on 6th floor, could see the intercoastal and a glimpse of the ocean. A short walk and across the street had the beach with a sister resort. This resort is small and was enjoyed by older guests as we were there in January. Staff friendly. We had studio and it was very nice with full kitchen, couch area, tub area in the vicinity of the bed area. Nice patio to enjoy the evening. Washer and Dryer down the hall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I recently traveled to Pompano Beach in December, and stayed at the Wyndham Santa Barbara. The best choice I ever made! I stayed in a deluxe studio unit which suited my needs perfectly, very clean with a huge bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen, a comfortable living room area, and a nice balcony which overlooked the pool. I found this spot to be the best because I got both the morning and late afternoon sun. I was there by myself, and felt very comfortable, secure and safe. This hotel is small, and intimate with a relaxing, low-key atmosphere. The pool is awesome, feels sleek and smooth, and best of all warm. Perfect for us older types! If you feel like you need the ocean, it's just a short walk across the street to their sister hotel, the Royal Vista, where chairs, and umbrellas are available at reasonable rates, weekly or daily.
Most of all, the staff here are exceptional, kind, courteous, accommodating.... truly a wonderful asset to the Wyndham family! From the time you walk through the front door to the time you sadly have to check out, you're made to feel special, and welcomed. All of them are amazing, they remember your name, and greet you with big smiles and waves every time you pass through the lobby. They're friendly but yet professional at the same time. I felt like I was at home, and enjoyed my stay so much I'm returning in March!

Thank you to everyone for such a great week, especially Suzette and Norma....you're the best!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank parev
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love this hotel small & friendly without being intrusive. The one bed apartment we had was really spacious, exceptionally well equipped & spotlessly clean. Just a short walk to the beach but, for everything else you'll need a car.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple