“Exceptional Food and Service”

Mediterraneo Cucina Siciliana
Ranked #15 of 362 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mediterraneo cucina siciliana invites you&your family for an authentic sicilian dining experience.We proudly cook with extra vergine olive oil! Sicilian cuisine shows traces of all the cultures which established themselves on the island of Sicily over the last two millennia,it has , greek,roman,arab,norman,spanish,and french influences.Come try our:Pasta con Sarde,Caponata di Melenzane,Pasta al Norma,Pesce Spada Agrodolce!Sicily is Tradition!we are a small family restaurant please call for reservations because we have only 11 tables,and we charge a $18.00 corkage fee if you bring your own wine,thank you!
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I had another incredible experience at this wonderful restaurant. My husband's grandparents were from Sicily and we remember the wonderful food they prepared. The food here is just like what we experienced at Grandma's house many years ago.. Another thing that makes this place so outstanding is the incredible family that operates this restaurant. They truly make you feel welcome and take pride in what they are serving. Tonight I had a delicious and generous portion of Ravioli. My husband had pasta with mussels prepared in an amazing tomato/wine sauce. They also serve the best bread you will ever taste with olives and slices of salami complimentary for every table.

If you are looking for a delicious meal served to you by an incredible family this is the place for you.

There are newer reviews for Mediterraneo Cucina Siciliana

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Our party of four had the most unexpected meal at Mediterraneo. The food was nothing short of outstanding with everything made on premises from the amazing sausage to the cannolis. This is a family business and we met, and were treated to service, by the entire family--father, mother and two sons. We will not miss the opportunity to dine here again when we're back in Pompano Beach. Can't recommend highly enough!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

A lovely, family owned and operated piece of Sicily. The six of us had exceptional, personal service, spot-on recommendations and a staff that welcomed us to stay as long as we wanted. No quickly turned tables here. Serving sizes are so generous that we had leftovers for lunch. The quality of the food is exceptional and entirely fresh. Highlights of our meal: Pasta con Sarde (a special due to the availability of fresh sardines) and Pasta Mediterraneo, a standard entree, were terrific. Bread, olives and caponata are specially prepared by the family on site. One suggestion: to move the soda refrigerator out of the dining room sightline.

1  Thank grandfam
Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you want a taste of real sicillian food and service do not miss this gem in pompano beach. Two brothers team up to make a pleasurable evening. Wine was great and authentic homemade pasta broccoli rabe and pasta con sardi was totally enjoyed. They topped this off with homemade cannoli. Definitely a place to relax, have friendly service in a non pressured sicillian atmosphere.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I visited Mediterraneo on the last nigt of my stay in october and was very impressed. Back again and I have been there twice in the last two weeks.
They make everything from scratch. everything except the coffee of course. no coffee bean trees to pick in pompano or they would be doing so.
the complimentary starter of sliced hard salami and oil cured olives is wonderful. a little trick for you: take the time to chop the olives off the pits and spread on the fresh toasted bread. it is divine. plus while they are cooking from scratch for you it gives you something to do! ~:-)
last week I had the sausage and peppers and onions. restaurant made sausage. not cooked in advance like so many restaurant that just do not understand sausage must NEVER be pre-cooked or it tastes like, well, precooked. Mediterraneo KNOWS sausage must be cooked fresh. and with that was a side of pasta and sauce that went perfectly.
although the wine selection is not immense, it is decent. the chianti is not to be overlooked but I would not purchase house wine if you are truly a wine snob.
last night I had fettucine alfredo and a cannoli for dessert. both were superb. the fettucine is not drowned in a cheesy sauce. it is properly coated with a beautiful sauce that is authentic and precise. the pasta perfectly al dente and also cooked to order NOT precooked and dunked like so many. the cannoli is deliciciously creamy and freshly stuffed so the shell is crisp and delicate. confessedly I had two orders of bread and olives so I was able to bring home a nice portion of the pasta for lunch today.
any ratings that are not five stars at this restaurant are aberrations. maybe a diner who did not understand the cuisine as it should be. they treat you like family. they want everything to be right. don't miss it! I will be back every week until I leave in mid february and will keep you posted as I work my way through the menu. YUM !
I often go solo and sit at the small bar and it is most enjoyable. the interior decor is cozy and enjoyable.