“A bad day fishing still beat my best day at work.”

BOLO Sport Fishing Charters
LAKEWOOD
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“A bad day fishing still beat my best day at work.”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Fish weren't biting, but that didn't stop Captain George and First Mate Scott from trying. We did everything, trolled, deep fishing, wreck fishing. It just wasn't really happening the day we went out. 6 of us on board, only 3 fish. But upon return we found no one was really catching anything. But the weather was lovely and George and Scott were just great. We were the only 2 females on board and they didn't treat us any differently than the men. We were all in it together. And at the end, we all ended up splitting those 3 fish. Good thing one of them was a pretty big amber jack. Do make sure to bring your own drinks. No cooler is necessary (you can use theirs).

Visited April 2012
2 Thank carivt

Bucks
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic fishing on a classic boat”
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Have been on Bolo several times - each trip is a great adventure with different experiences every time.
My most memorable was 10 sailfish in a morning. At one stage every fisherman on the boat was fighting a sailfish - chaos! And when we got back we discovered that the other charters had only caught one sailfish in the last month.
I'm impressed with the way the crew keep trying different techniques until they find out what is working on the day - and the wide range of fish we catch - Wahoo, Dolphin, Tuna, King Mackerel. Grouper - and others I can't name.
A big advantage of Pompano Beach is that the Gulf stream comes in really close to the shore so one can be catching big fish within a few minutes of leaving the harbor - making the most of your time on the boat.
I'm from England where we can't do fishing like this - so I keep coming back!

6 Thank Anna-Winslow