“Delightfully simple!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Chardon, Ohio
“Delightfully simple!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great beach side location provides a terrific view. I appreciated the easy to get pool and jacuzzi! The interior is smartly appointed and well maintained. Management is quite accommodating. Being across the street from a Catholic church was an added plus.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Anya975

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have been going to this place for family vacations since I was a kid. It is located on the beach! With a large swimming pool, shuffle board courts, tennis court, nine hole artificial grass putting green, and large jacuzzi. This place was an older hotel converted to a timeshare many years ago. They have updated the furniture and added pavers/hurricane shutters. Great place to stay for the family or a quiet beach retreat. The beach access is only open to resort guest. The public can stroll on the beach only near the water. So, somewhat private beach. We go in June and July and walk from our room to track the sea turtles coming to shore to lay eggs. It is unbelievable. Rooms book for the week around $1000-1500 in the summer. Much higher in the winter and holidays. They have 1/1 and 2/1 rooms with full kitchens. I prefer the ground floor. Easier access to the outdoors. If you want to enjoy the view of the beach directly from your room, select a 3rd or 4th floor room. The private balconies usually have a few guest reading a book while enjoying the beach sites and sounds. A large fishing pier is location about a 1/2 mile south of the resort. You can walk it while collecting shells or drive down and enjoy the many mom and pop restaurants. Great place to stay if you do not want room service and valet (not available). No restaurant on property. It does not shine like a new 5 star resort but has all the same beach perks that make for a great trip!

Room Tip: If you have kids, get the ground floor. Easier to load all your stuff while kids can enjoy the gold...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Tom W
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband & I stayed there the first week in Feb. The location couldn't have been better. Right on a private beach with complimentary lounge chairs. The pool was well heated and the cleaning service and front desk staff were excellent. I thought the condo was well equipped and updated. Lovely towels and linens, fully equipped kitchen. Maybe some of the units were not updated yet, therefore the negative review from someone. We were on the first floor and I loved the patio right outside our room. The living room rattan furniture was a little outdated but that was the only negative. I would definitely stay there again next year if available.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mafue
Haddon Heights
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We spent another week at The Native Sun this winter (March 15th-22nd, 2014). Everything in my previous review still stands. The weather was perfect. The beach, the pool, the hot tub and sauna were used by us daily. The room that we picked was not as convenient as the one we picked last year, so we have already done our homework for next year's rooms. Mike and Kathy were attentive to all our needs. There was one problem with our room upon our arrival. Apparently the previous tenant was a smoker and smoked in the room even though it is against the rules. The next day the room was thoroughly cleaned including carpet shampooing. This probably should have been attended to and discovered by the maid service. Anyhow, a good effort was made to address the problem. We expect to spend 2 weeks at the Native Sun in 2015.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the ocean get better sun.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank weezie6411
Peterborough, Ontario Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Property is a 70's style 3 story Motel Unit sandwiched between High-Rise Condominiums.

Infrastructure is very dated but suprisingly everything works!!!

Their Hospitality cannot be surpassed by the front and maintenance staff . They are what keeps this place going.

However, if you are looking for more upscale, this is NOT the place to come!
Frayed towels, mismatched lids on cookware, beat up plastic utensils and old huge Bamboo 70's style Furniture is the norm.

Air Conditioning is ancient and blows either cold or not cold and blows randomly thru the return on the top of the wall near ceiling.

Our unit 306 was 1 B/R 2 bath unit half-way down the block, with a view of the ocean.

Bathrooms are old and had to get the "Moen" sink tap replaced as it fell off out of the sink..did not leak though/

The 1 King Size Bed was comfortable and one TV's in Living Room had been upgraded to Flat Screen.

No problem obtaining a DVD Player and a blender for "Smoothies" just ask at the front counter and it will be delivered.

Again the Front Office Staff, MIke, Chris, Cathy were all very pleasant to deal with.

They have a computer to print out your 'boarding passes' and a 'ol-style balance weight scale' to weigh your luggage before returning to the airport.(a nice touch!)

In summary, their Hospitality is GOLD CROWN, but the units are not up to standard,

I guess that's why it continually rates well as a Gold Crown Property!

P.S. This view of course is totally subjective in my part, but if you liked it please give me a "heads up" vote if you want, thanks!

Room Tip: Higher units closer to the beach are best. The Ocean View rooms,though nice, are shaded from noon on...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank BBhappytravelers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here Oct 5-12, 2013. Our unit was 201. We had a one bedroom, two bathroom Ocean Front view. The view was blocked somewhat from a big tree. The living room has a queen size pull out sofa bed. The bedroom had a full size pull out sofa bed and a king size bed. This unit could sleep 6 people. I just exchanged again through international interval but this time its room 308. I'm a little worried that my view might not be as pretty. I believe its a side view of the ocean. I wish when people right reviews they would mention the room number and how the view is. This resort is in major need of upgrades. Especially the bathrooms. We also still had tube TVs. The room next to us was unlocked and we looked inside. It was a one bedroom with one bathroom. It had a somewhat updated bathroom and flat screen TV. I was a little upset that our room didn't have a flat screen and the other one did. They were also painting the outside and doing repairs while we were there. I hope they continue doing repairs and upgrades. Hopefully when we go in September 2014, they will have flat screens in all rooms. I have to say my first impression when I went into my unit ...was a little disappointing by how old it looked, but as everyday went by it really wasn't that bad and I was sad that my vacation came to an end.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Josephine I
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My family and I travel to Pompano often to visit a very special person..
We have been lucky to find this wonderfully maintained and friendly time-share.This is my first choice of places to stay in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 37 in Pompano Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,172 reviews
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A No...
#10 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 stars 3,108 reviews
Windjammer Resort
Windjammer Resort
#3 of 30 in Lauderdale by the Sea
4.5 of 5 stars 386 reviews

Been to Native Sun Resort? Share your experiences!