“Jewish Soul Food in South Florida”
Review of Bagel Snack

Bagel Snack
Ranked #23 of 369 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: NY-style deli in the heart of Pompano Beach, Florida. Bagels, Bialys and Rugalach baked fresh daily on premises. Omelets, smoked fish, deli, salads and soups. Dine-in, Takeout, Delivery & Catering.
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I live outside of San Francisco which has relatively little AUTHENTIC Jewish Soul Food. Here in the Bay - I joke with my FL family that we have grass-fed lox brought to you by servers who will tell you the name of the fish. :} Bagel Snack Deli is where I go before I go back to FLL airport. This way I can fill my tote bag with the tasty things I miss soooo much. Originally from Boston, this place is a close second to Katz's Bagel Factory and the Chelsea Smokehouse from when I was growing up. There is corned beef, pastrami, pickled tongue, brisket, potato latkes, chopped liver, bagels, bialys, rye bread, real cream cheese, hand sliced lox, white fish salad, black & whites, rugalach, halvah, kaiser rolls, etc. It is all fresh and DELICIOUS. The dining-in visit is also an experience. That's what I do when my take-out order is being put together. In the dining room you will see and hear the last of our Jewish grandparents' generation from 'up north' and you will appreciate the just slightly rude but on-the-ball serving and counter people. A visit to South Florida is not complete without a visit here. There are of course other places like this - although fewer every year. The folks at the Bagel Snack counter wrap my take-aways in 2 rounds of paper and then 2 or 3 wraps of plastic. But it still smells when I open my tote bag for TSA at the airport. As we do not seem to have any half sour pickles in the Bay Area - these may be the worst olfactory offender from my tote bag. But it is all so darned delicious that I cram everything I can into the tote bag for a feast with my husband when I get home. I can't say enough about how wonderful this place is. It is cultural nostalgia combined with delicious tastes. It's a bulls eye and it does not get much better than that.

1  Thank bb0314

Reviewed June 5, 2014

If you like New York Deli's Bagel Snack is the place for you! I come to Pompano to visit my elderly Mother....I come to Bagel Snack for comfort food and I am a southern girl.
Favorites are grilled Swiss, tomato, and bacon sandwich, grilled hot dog, Club sandwich, hubby likes bologna sandwich ( although overpriced). Every lunch plate comes with cole slaw and great dill and kosher pickles.
Breakfast specials before 11:00 are a great deal...yummy bacon and bagels!
Enjoy!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This deli in a strip mall is a wonderful place for breakfast and lunch. Everything is fresh and the servings are plentiful and all at a very reasonable price. This deli is well known in south Florida and draws people from all over! If you've never tried a "half sour" pickle, this is the place to do it, as they are placed on the table along with great slaw, free! They also have great homemade bagels and rugala. This is a winner!

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Very good to excellent deli restaurant but does not have borsch. Lox and cream cheese platter is an excellent choice and very reasonable at $12.95. Great pickles and cold slaw on the table, gratis. Food: 5/5 Service: Friendly and 5/5. Decor: 3-4/5 as are most delis! Value: 5/5 $-$$ Would I return? Quick as a flash!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Have eaten breakfast a few times, husband likes better than I because eats nova platter. Tried lunch one day. Soup and 1/2 sandwich. Pea soup, what I make is better, half sandwich was rye bread with fatty tough pastrami, no mayo, no mustard, no coleslaw, nothing. I was given mustard but sandwich was so dry ate part of meat only. Good pickles but the last time I bought some to take home they were very tasteless.

1  Thank Lilredlakemom