“Great dive center”

Pompano Dive Center
Ranked #1 of 41 Tours in Pompano Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Local One Stop Dive ShopCentrally located in the Sands Harbor Marina on the Intracoastal Waterway, Pompano Dive Center proudly offers an unparalleled inventory selection including the full SCUBAPRO line; daily two-tank dive charters only steps from our front door to our dock; internationally recognized PADI Five-Star instruction; Air and Nitrox fills; boundless travel opportunities and a top-of-the-line Repair/Service Tech Center. Our professionally trained staff is knowledgeable and available to help you plan all your equipment purchases and your next adventure. Stop in – Experience, Enjoy and Explore Pompano diving at its best!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Pompano Beach, Fl
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great dive center”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you like to dive this is the place to be. the reefs are very nice in Pompano Beach. Well worth the trip and expense

Visited May 2013

LaBelle, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“They put themselves above the divers”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our group dove with PDC on the afternoon 5-6-12. The day starts with no parking in the area. Have to park in an unattended lot (bring money to pay the meter) and walk about 2 blocks with your gear because the dive center's tiny carport area holds only a few cars at best. I found the shop's personel unattentive. The boat was over an hour late coming back from the morning dive due to engine problems. Nobody bothered to keep the afternoon group informed until we were mad enough and began leaving. Instead of 2 60' dives, we traveled out less and ended up (by my computer) with a max depth of 24' of sand and some wood planks they called a wreck (The Copenhagen). The second dive was another sand dune at a max of 29' with nothing to see (The Nursery). The captain curtly cut both dives short to make up for the time they lost on the morning trips. I wasted my money and time on this dive. Things happen. I understand if your boat has a problem. But, keep me informed and do not cut my dives short to make up for it. Certainly do not sell me a 60+ foot dive package and give me less than 30 feet. PDC, I will not even give you a second chance. There is a much better LDC right in your area.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank craig s
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great boat crew”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have been diving Pompano Dive Center for years. We are a scuba shop from another part of the state and know we have many options to dive and we keep coming back here. We like the boat and the crew. While not always the same they always have a great crew. The captain was Brett. Very competent and personable. Ryan was the "dive slave" and I'd have to say one of the most personable I have seen. Very competent. Overall very professional and safe.

As far as the shop is concerned we appreciate a well-stocked operation and top quality gear. We will be back

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will SO be back!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you want a crew that takes your safety and dive experience seriously, look no further. I tried several dive charters in the area and don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my time with each of them but at PDC, I just feel at home. The crew is professional, helpful, friendly and will go the extra mile to make sure you have a great time, both on the boat and on the bottom. (954) 788-0208 is now on my speed dial.

Visited July 2013
CHAPIN
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Top notch operation”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I are SCUBA instructors and we just brought a group of 7 divers down to dive with PDC for 3 days of diving (8 dives). We had looked at two other operations prior to making our decision and PDC went the extra mile to earn our business.

The crew was excellent and showed it when under pretty extreme conditions (current) one of our divers got blown off the tag line. They jumped into action, and into the water, to get this diver back to the boat and back on board. My wife saw it all and was very impressed.

Special kudos go to Ryan who Divemastered for us 2 of the 3 days. On the 3rd day we wanted to dive the Sea Emperor. He called the dive because of conditions. Yes, we could have struggled on the wreck but Ryan realized it wouldn't have been much fun. If the current on the reef was any indication, Ryan made the right call. This is what professional is all about. Doing their best to make the dive SAFE and fun. Thank you Ryan.

We have dove with several other shops in the past. We will return to PDC in the future.

Visited June 2013