“Reliable”

J Mark's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 357 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Reliable”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Had a good meal, it's local to where we stay. Menu has changed, and feel some dishes look as though pre prepared somewhere else. Waitress had problem getting cork out of wine, and because we had waited a while for the wine, I was keen to help, but at 46 dollars for the bottle, maybe she needed some help or training. We like the layout of the place and the ambience, but not as good as it was.

• Visited July 2014

Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“Love the Smiles”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great place! I noticed that all of the waitresses had the most beautiful smiles. Not so sure about the waiters because I wasn't paying attention to them as much, but everyone there was extremely pleasant. Service was excellent and so was the food. We took advantage of a coupon deal - NY strip steak dinner for $20. Only difference between the coupon and the regular menu is that they include the side salad for no charge - a $6 menu item. This was a quality 10 oz. steak done to perfection. The side salad was quite huge and with the very hot and very fresh rolls, we didn't have room for desert. We'll be back again for sure during our next trip.

By the way, they don't take reservations but they do allow for "call aheads". Not sure what the difference is, but we did call ahead on a Saturday evening.

1 Thank KingAtlanticCity
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
“Late night secret”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The food is consistently very good. My wife & I enjoy going especially when we end up having to eat late. They have a 2 for 1 happy hour starting again at 9 pm. We always eat in the bar area and enjoy sharing a large Chinese chicken salad and a bowl of soup with a couple of glasses of wine. You'll enjoy anything you order & the service is great.
Ronald & Sheila P

Fort Lauderdale
“J Mark's great customer service is back”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Back in March I had an unpleasant customer service experience with J Marks and posted a two star review. The main office assured me the situation had been rectified and encouraged me to return. I've been back twice since that March review and pleased to say I had great customer service both times, and the food was delicious. Dennis was the young man that served us my last visit and he was excellent. J Marks is back as one of my restaurants I visit regularly!

1 Thank FTLFan
Florida
“Not what it used to be.”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

J.Marks WAS OUR fav Thurs. Nite Date restaurant. Service is different and they don't serve what is on the menu. Food can be different from description on the menu and tell you "THAT'S
how we ALWAYS served it. Wrong. Haven't been back after two such experiences AND our restaurant FRIENDS have had similar experiences. SO J.MARK'S you are off of our ROTATION.

• Visited July 2013