“Good all around”

J Mark's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 379 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Nice place to eat. Attractive atmosphere and an eclectic menu. Everything from burgers to fish and steak. Service is very good and the food is above average.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We recently stayed in Kissimmee for a week and during our vacation,we drove down to Pompano so that my daughter and I could meet my husbands 87 yr.old grandfather and visit with him.When we asked to take him out to lunch he directed us to J.Marks,telling us it was one of his favorite eateries close to home,and he enjoys the fish and chips at most of his visits there.
We were concerned when we first entered,because the restaurant is very nicely appointed inside and out,and we figured it would be expensive-more on that later.
A server appeared right away as we were seated and requested our drink orders.We took a while to choose but we all ordered off of the lunch menu.The kids menu spaghetti offering must have been spectacular because my very picky ten yr old ate every bit of it,except for tomato bits,a rarity for her when dining out.
I never try anything new but the Chicken Fierro sounded great and let me say that is one of the best dishes I have had in some time.I immediately searched for the recipe at home and actually made it myself from a recipe printed in the Sun Sentinel!The lunch portion,which is supposedly smaller,was still a very ample sized portion.The redskin mashed potatoes were also savory with the Fierro sauce on them.
The food arrived timely and throughout our meal,our server checked in periodically and gave us refills as needed without being prompted and brought us hot breads prior to the meal.To top it off,the sweet lime-coconut candies at the checkout were terrific!
The restrooms were pleasant and clean,a huge plus for this customer!
I held my breath when the check arrived,but for the four of us to have non-alcoholic drinks and lunch entrees,the bill was under $60. I totally expectd to pay more,the ambience of the place is that nice! Despite lots of business lunches and group tables,we did not feel overcrowded because the spacious layout.When we come back to Broward County,we will stop in at J.Marks with Grandfather again!!!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Usually J. Marks is a "go to" restaurant of mine, but tonight I was really disappointed. I've been there 4 times in the last 6 months and usually have very good food and service. Tonight the service was really slow (maybe our waiter was new) and we kept having to flag him down to ask for refills. Food took a really long time to come out, which the waiter blamed on the large steak one of us ordered. Another friend's Ahi Tuna was brought out cold, and then he found what he thought was a hair in it. The Manager swears it wasn't a hair, but by then we had lost our appetite. My one friend won't ever go back. I'll let it slide as an unfortunate night, and just give the place a rest for awhile- hopefully they'll get their game back on soon. For what it's worth, the Bang Bang shrimp was great as always and my food was good (what I ate of it anyway).

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I answered the above questions a yes....for what this restrauant is the food is always consistent ..great, happy atmosphere...just good food....nothing fancy....but good.
We eat at the bar and love the bartenders and like meeting people.....only complaint is that the dining area can be noisy.....a must

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Really nice and a big more upscale restaurant. You can choose between dining inside or on the small & vibrant patio. Wonderful choices of entrees. Many good appetizers or small entrees. If u just want to have a drink at bar & enjoy happy hour.this is a great place. Very cosy and comfortable atmosphere, waitstaff is very knowledgeable and friendly, all around pleasant place to me. Prices are reasonable...