“Excellent food and service”

J Mark's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #15 of 388 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We visited this restaurant for dinner while in Pompano Beach. It had an extensive menu with lots of choices. I usually don't review restaurants, but this one was top notch. Went with a group that wanted steak and they had several choices. What was not on the menu was the filet. It was recommended by the waiter and even though it was $30, some of us decided to order it. Well, it was the best filet I have ever had. My friend had prime rib and that looked good too.

I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a good steak.

3  Thank luv-to-travel425

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great atmosphere, with staff, menu and bar to match. If you're in the mood for a Houston experience at way better prices...this is your spot!!!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband took me to J Marks to celebrate my birthday ... prime rib is my favorite, and it happens to also be one of the items for which J Marks has earned its reputation and which was on special that night. But we were disappointed. The noise level was so loud throughout the restaurant you could not hear well enough to have a conversation. At all. The prime rib was a thin, fatty cut from which only a few mouthfuls of actual meat were edible. We had wanted to visit this restaurant for a long time, but this experience was enough to satisfy our curiosity and we won't be returning.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

On a whim, we decided to go out for dinner at 8:30. Our work days were finally over. Went to J Makrs because it was between the two residences and had a great menu variety. Enjoyed the Fort Lauderdale night while eating on the patio athough overlooking the mall's parking lot. Waitress was very friendly and service was at a great pace. It was a very enjoyable night.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very attentive staff, without being overbearing. Waiter helpful and knowledgable.
Good choice of food and well priced. Happy hour well appreciated by one of our group.