“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
New York City, New York
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here last week with my family and the service I received at check in was exceptional. Sahira Soto, the Front Desk manager went above and beyond to assure we were satisfied with our accommodations, she was very professional and personable, THANK YOU SAHIRA you are great, and thanks to the rest of your staff they were attentive as well, I have been in Customer Service since 1983 & do know superior service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Barbara M,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional experience and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with Sahira. I appreciate you taking the time to write and we look forward to seeing you on a return visit.

Best,
Tom Hastings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

First, the negative: I don't like valet parking, especially in a place with no restaurants within walking distance. A mild annoyance, plus a tip every time you want to go somewhere. But they really have no choice due to the layout of the place; self-parking wouldn't work. And the parking attendants were fast & friendly.

Otherwise, I really like the place. It has a washer/dryer in the room - a big convenience on a beach vacation. All staff people were helpful; the maintenance guy dragged out a big air compressor to inflate an air mattress/pool float for my daughter. Just a few steps to beach, & also has shaded area if you just want to sit under the palms & enjoy the view.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Jay083
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I decided that this is my last time here. I work for the government and I get placed here every two months. The only reason I still come here is because of Ingrid and Arhilio. They are the Hotel. Don't bother to see Tracy (food and beverage manger)NASTY,A Joke as a manager, when you need to speak to her response is make an appointment or give me a minute. ....... but she never comes back.....Marvin disrespected us by ignoring us. Ericka was to hung over to serve us..Your bar restaurant is a joke....But then you have Ingrid who goes out of her way to make not just me my wife and special needs child feel awesome. This lady not only loves what she does she kills it when it comes to love. My daughter got sick and my wife and myself were worried. I call the front desk asking for new sheets due to my child's sickness.WAITED an Hour. ...... .....went down to the front desk to run into Ingrid told her my situation and wow how she ran to get us sheets, not only that she got my daughter chicken soup and a 24 hr pediatric #. WOW......The front desk Mr Arhilio is awesome. Thoses two are an awesome team....

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank david b
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here only one night but we are totally coming back, the service, the spa and the whole place was really wonderful. We had an amazing experience in every aspect. The view from the room was spectacular.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank MrsLepervanche
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have traveled all over the U.S. and this is the first review I'm writing, because the man at the front desk who always has a smile on his face named Argelio is great at customer service. Every time I needed something or had a question Argelio had the answer. Hire more people like this man! What won me over was his personable personality, vital in the hotel business I might add. I got a date with a girl and she wanted to go to the river-walk in Ft. Lauderdale, I had no clue where this was being new, and being a guy I'm not asking her cause I wanted to look smart. I went down stairs and asked Argelio, not only did he know the right place he printed directions for me to get there. I'm impressed I will be staying at a residence inn again next time I travel. I only hope Argelio or a clone of him will be there.

Room Tip: If you have the money ocean front rocks!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Zachary210
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

On a business trip my business partner and I decided to enjoy the ocean front property in between meetings and get a little relaxation in. Having only been to FL a few times over the years and never having been any place tropical I was delighted in finding a coconut on the hotel grounds and asked the front desk how one opens a coconut to have fresh coconut milk. She got Chef Marvin who explained that the one I found was no good but her would find a way to pick me a fresh one and open it for me.

Needless to say they went above and beyond the call of duty to create a little excitement and joy. They called maintenance to get ladder and pole to get 2 coconuts (one to take home to my son), chopped it open and put a straw in it for me to enjoy on the spot. I, also, got a little education on the difference between a fresh picked coconut with milk and what one gets in the store or from the backing section.

Marvin got a huge hug from me and Kim offered me this website to be able to acknowledge my gratitude and delight in the service and desire to make my stay a memorable one. I will be happy to return!

Room Tip: Not all the balconies face the beach... the internet is terrible unless you pay for the daily upgrad...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Marty N
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Marty N,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It's wonderful to hear how Kim and Marvin went above and beyond to add to your experience. Our team takes great pride in their approach to hospitality and consistently strive to exceed guest expectations. I look forward to commending their efforts and the time they took to share their knowledge so you could enjoy your first taste of fresh coconut milk. We do appreciate you reflecting on your stay and recognizing our staff. Please come back to visit us again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Kind regards,
Tom Hastings, General Manager
Topsfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

When one goes to a hotel with direct ocean view, it is expected & should be that 'all services'
are at a certain level. This is not rocket science. Paying for parking is unacceptable, requesting additional towels & then having them removed the
next morning, unacceptable. Lack of communication . Providing coffee packets without coffee cups, do I even need to say. Forgetting toiletries or providing enough for only one person, when there are two, frustrating. And can you please provide another hook or two to put your towel & clothing on...On a positive note room was clean staff friendly but we are vacationing, paying fairly good money, let's leave the frustration at home where it belongs. I got it, I know we don't live in a perfect world. But we can try to be more compassionate & respectful to guess.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank lordala
lordala,
Thank you for your review and feedback. We sincerely apologize for the areas where we fell short of meeting your expectations. The little details do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your stay. Your feedback provides many areas we can work on in order to improve our guest experience and I assure you these issues have been addressed with our staff. I'm glad our clean rooms and friendly service had a positive impact to your stay. We do hope you'll give us another chance in the future to make your stay the best it can be. Thank you again!

Kind regards,
Wyndham Sea Gardens
Wyndham Sea Gardens
#15 of 37 in Pompano Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 576 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!