New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Tonawanda, New York
“beautiful beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

stayed for 5 nights. gained 5 pounds on the daily breakfasts. lol. they were very tasty with a good variety to choose from. the rooms were spacious and clean. my only complaints are the a/c is noisy and the sliding doors in the room and in the restaurant were almost impossible to open. one other thing. our room had very little lighting. bedside lamps were it and they were not very bright. the staff was friendly and helpful and the beach and pool were great. enjoyed watching the wind/kite surfers and the goodyear blimp.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
gram162,
We're happy to hear from you and we thank you for writing a review from your stay. We appreciate you sharing both positive feedback on the aspects that made your stay enjoyable, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. It's great to hear that our friendly staff, clean accommodations, and breakfast selection met your satisfaction. I have shared your valuable comments with our maintenance staff in order to make the necessary repairs. We thank you again for selecting Residence Inn Pompano Beach, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Tom Hastings, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was my second visit to this property. The location is great and the beach is wonderful.

The lobby level is very impressive and maintained well. But it's an older building in need of maintenance. The a/c units need to be replaced. We had to call several times to get the noise level down. Even when we moved to a different room they had to service the a/c.

Reminded us of our stay last year. The rooms could use a thorough cleaning. Bathroom walls need a wipe-down. One of our two toilets never stopped running. The lower wall areas near the bathroom floors were just gross.

There was a lot of closet space but a shortage of hangers. And one bathroom had a large closet which was odd. There is a safe or two in the room.

Although it's a non-smoking property, we smelled cigarette smoke several times. I guess people were smoking on their balcony.

I do like that there’s a full size fridge and plates/utensils. Microwave and toaster too.

The included breakfast buffet is very good; large assortment of eggs, potatoes, some type of meat, breads, muffins, waffles, cereals, fruit and yogurt. They change it up a bit every day too, which is nice.

Their internet was quite slow. TV channels weren’t clear.

The pools and hot tub were great. Glad the heater was working in the pool this year.

Valet parking only; $19 per day. I don't know why there isn't a self parking option at the FL properties I've visited over the past years.

The staff needs to be better educated as to the room types. I did myself a favor when there last year and asked to see the 3 types of rooms so I knew what I wanted to book. That was a good thing--I knew more about the rooms than the staff! But everyone working there needs to visit the room types to be able to accurately describe them and not give inaccurate information to potential guests.

The king sized bed in our 2 room suite was not good quality though the queen was fine. The rollaway was horrible and needs to be thrown away, along with some of the blankets we were given which were both torn and stained.

Dogs are allowed and we saw assorted sizes. We were told that dogs are supposed to be on the sixth floor only, yet we had one next door to us on another floor.

We like the location of this property and it's a decent value. It has the potential to be absolutely wonderful, yet needed improvements don't appear to be happening. I know other guests had issues as well.

We will be checking out other options for next year's visit to FL.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mizlori
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
mizlori,
Thank you for your review and return visit with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority so we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback, as well as opportunities for improvement. We sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. We value you as our guest and will certainly take your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. Thank you for the opportunity to serve your hotel needs. We do hope you'll visit us again so we can provide a more positive stay in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went there for a weeks retreat to relax and rest. My first impressions is that the staff is very nice and accommodating. The
hotel description says that all the room face the ocean. What you should know is only the rooms in front have a full view of the ocean. All other rooms face the side of the ocean, meaning you can see the water partially as all the windows face the side of the building.

The rooms are big and come with a fully equipped kitchens. The beds are super comfy and the decor is nice. There are some upkeep issues that should be addressed, like the grout on the tile floors and inside the shower should be replaced and scuff marks on the walls, furniture, etc. Fine details that would make a big difference in ratings. Also, the HVAC system needs to be replaced. It's very loud not only in the rooms but also in the yoga/exercise room. It made it difficult to rest and focus on yoga/meditation with the loud rattling noises.

The design of the hotel is like a motel. Meaning the hallways are outside, so you have to go outside to get to the elevator.

The hotel is suppose to be all non smoking, but people do it anyway and management is ineffective toward stopping it or implementing the $250 fine. I had to move my room because of the cigarette smoke. When it happened again in the second room I was able to see where the smoke was coming from. I called the front desk and gave them the room number and basically they did nothing. I was told that they must actually see evidence of the smoking, meaning catching them in the act, seeing cigarette buts or smelling it in the rooms. They didn't respond quickly enough to do anything about it..

Finally, the hotel is on a very busy street. Lots of trucks at all times of the day. If you want quite, I would chose another hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that are closer to the street. I had room 504, in the middle and I could hear every...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sspc
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
sspc,
Thank you for writing. We always appreciate our guests taking time to provide us with positive feedback, as well as opportunities for improvement. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and found our friendly staff, comfortable beds, and spacious accommodations to meet your satisfaction. We hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future.

Cooper City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Great! We went for a girls weekend (7 Ladies) and it was the first time to this hotel. We were so impressed by the staff . Everyone was so helpful and nice . They went out of the way to make sure we had what we needed,. The manager even arranged for us to get our rooms early since it was raining and we could not use the beach. The rooms were large and clean and the view was fantastic. We usualy go to the Keys and I must say this was just as nice. Arthur the valet tookll all our bags (which was alot) to the rooms and Darrall the front desk was so nice. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Donna P,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review from your stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your girls weekend, and we're glad our helpful staff and spacious accommodations made for an enjoyable stay. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our team, and will be certain to recognize Arthur and Darrall with special commendations for their excellence in service. We're happy to have had you and your girlfriends as our guest, and we hope you'll plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Wayne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hotel was nice. We arrived later in the evening and were welcomed graciously! Lobby was nice. Location was great. Only problem was when I was on the beach, they were transporting sand back and forth which meant you had to wait for the trucks to pass them run to get out of their path and also deal with the noise of the trucks, not too relaxing. Not the hotels fault, of course, but just a note,

Room was "ok" doors opened out, which I thought was weird. Some of the tiles in the bathroom and front doorway were cracked and looked like there was water damaged. Balcony was very narrow, but ok, but I've had better.

Staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dana Z,
We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It's great to know our beachfront location and friendly staff met your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback on opportunities for improvement. We hope you'll visit us again in the near future. Thank you once again for writing.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel is in a nice quiet location. The staff is very friendly, Fallon for instance kept me laughing and smiling each time I saw her. Michelle in valet is very nice and professional. Tatiana was helpful during breakfast and Richard at the bar was absolutely amazing. If there is anything that I would like management to know is that the a/c units must be replaced as soon as possible. I complained everyday of my stay. If it were not for the staff things would have gone in a bad direction.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
LevyD2,
We appreciate your feedback and kind comments about our staff at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It's always wonderful to receive recognition from guests like you on the excellent service our staff delivered during your stay. I'll be certain to award Fallon, Michelle, Tatiana, and Richard with special commendations for their sincere hospitality. We value your feedback and will take your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Perfect! Residence Inn ON THE BEACH! What else do you need to know? Ocean view from my bed. Food options on premise as well as a brief walk.The washer and dryer was a pleasant surprise. Safe!
Special Thanx to Evelyn, Fallon, Ms.Soto,Richard, and Tatiana. Great property! Very clean all around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DateNiteDinners
DateNiteDinners,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We're glad our oceanfront location, clean accommodations, and excellent service made for an enjoyable stay, and you found our hotel perfectly suited for your travels. I look forward to sharing your complimentary feedback with our team, and I'll make sure Evelyn, Fallon, Ms. Soto, Richard, and Tatiana receive special commendations for their outstanding service. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 37 in Pompano Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,196 reviews
Sands Harbor Hotel and Marina Pompano Beach

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!