“LOVELY RESORT BUT.......”

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Surprise, Arizona
“LOVELY RESORT BUT.......”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Lovely resort, beautiful beach, really nice breakfast, great staff but it is all spoiled with all the dogs they allow to stay there. I am a dog lover but they do not belong at a resort. The barking both in and outside, dogs @ breakfast??!!? I don't think that is right. Owners do not pick up after them and dog poop on the beach, yuk. One woman had 2 full-grown beautiful golden retrievers and let them poop right on the beach early AM. Just walked away and didn't clean up after them. I think Residence Inn needs to take a second look at their policy regarding allowing pets. My husband has allergies and when you stay in a room that has been occupied by dogs it is impossible. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank azjd17
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
azjd17,
Thank you for your writing a review. I appreciate receiving your feedback, as well as your kind comments about our beautiful property. I’m sorry to hear of your unhappiness with your stay and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced as a result. We will take your comments into consideration to improve our property and overall guest experience. We do value you as our guest, and we hope that you'll visit us again. Thank you again.

Tom Hastings, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We (mom and sister) stayed here for a few days for a quick getaway vacation. While we didn't fall in love with Ft. Lauderdale itself, this hotel filled those gaps and made our stay quite enjoyable.

One of the stand out features for us were the HUGE rooms. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was larger than our apartment at home! Two huge bathrooms, and a full kitchen with attached living area (connected to one of the bedrooms). There was so much space - definitely necessary when travelling with family to avoid getting on each other's nerves!

My personal favorite feature was the great breakfast. We knew there would be a free breakfast but were just expecting some cereal and muffins. They had literally everything you could want for breakfast - including a waffle maker! Eggs, sausages, yogurt, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, juice, pancakes, coffee.

Third favorite feature was the beachfront location and view. We had a terrific view and it was great to step out onto the quiet beach. Also the pools were great, and the staff was so nice they said we could use them at any time as long as we were quiet and considerate of other guests. By the way, at least when we traveled there was never more than one other person in the pool.

Only annoying thing was the valet parking - there is no option to park your car yourself, so every time you want to go somewhere you have to wait for them to bring it up and tip.

All and all, it was a great hotel with great, friendly staff - 110% recommend for anyone going to Pompano Beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Sam A,
We’re happy to have been a part of your vacation travels, and we thank you for sharing your complimentary feedback. I’m pleased to hear that you, your mom, and sister all enjoyed a comfortable stay in our spacious beachfront accommodations. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future. Thank you for your review and recommendations of Residence Inn Pompano Beach.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2013

It's a shame to rate the place low however, as clean as it is and as friendly as the staff has been, the hotel Is dog friendly and this attracts all the over the top pet owners. At lunch today there were 5 dogs in the lunch area of the lobby barking at each other while the rest of us watched with remnants of our relaxed weekend fading, welcome to petsmart. One lady had her dog sitting a table where we have been having breakfast. Dogs on the beach, dogs in the elevator dogs at breakfast. The beach was also very rocky and has a steep drop that was difficult for the older members of our party. I will not be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a water view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Joaquin174
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Joaquin174,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate receiving your feedback, as well as your kind comments about our clean hotel and friendly staff. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered from other guests’ dogs during your visit. We do value you as our guest and hope that you'll visit us again. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We asked for: close to the beach, ocean view, room with kitchen, quiet.
We got: On the beach, super ocean view, excellent room with good noise insulation.
CAN we ask for more? Yes! The people working there are so nice with the clients! There is a happy feeling In this hotel. The people working at the front desk always answer with a smile. The breakfast buffet is always good, eggs, waffle, cereal, toast, oat meal etc. The people working in the kitchen, Tatiana and the others are singing and always happy!
In the lobby they have free fresh water with lemon, free cookies and there is also fresh coffe.
The area is quiet but if you don't want to drive ,bus 11 (1.75$) take you up to Fort Lauderdale downtown.
The beach is perfec. If you like to read a book the chairs are free and it is quiet. You like activities they rent kayak, water jet etc.
There is two swimming pools and a jacuzzi. Always clean.
For us, a paradise!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Bruno C,

Thank you writing a review about your experience at our Residence Inn Pompano Beach hotel. It’s wonderful to receive your complimentary feedback on our ideal location on the beach, our great amenities, as well as our friendly staff. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Tom Hastings
Beacon, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The room was clean, staff was great and attentive. Good prices on drinks and access to the beach was great. We took advantage of jet sky rentals at the beach which it was a big savings from the fort lauradale area. Overall a great property for the price.

JRQ123,
Thank you for writing a review about your visit to Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We appreciate your kind comments about our clean accommodations and attentive staff. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay, as well as our beach front property. Please visit us again the next time you’re in the area or plan another beach trip. Thank you once again for writing.

new york
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel is super clean right on the beach. The room itself was oceanfront that fit 5 people comfortably with a roll-away. The kitchen was equipped with a full refrigerator, microwave, utensils, coffee pot and even a dishwasher. I also had two bathrooms and a washer/dryer in the room as well. The views were to die for. The free breakfast in the morning was plentiful and delicious. They had many choices but I did find that a lot of the times they would run out of something and the staff had to scurry along to fill it. They worked non-stop and tried their best to keep things clean. They are definitely over-worked but not one of them complained. The pool area was small and my kids utilized it mainly at night when the beach was too dark to swim. A few times they had a DJ playing by the pool but I didn't really get to enjoy it, too busy on the beach. The beach itself was very clean and the water even though was not blueish like in Miami Beach and it crystal clear. My boys actually were able to snorkel right off and saw plenty of fish. Another good thing about this hotel is that you are able to rent Jet-skis, canoes and other water fun equipment. Very convenient. We didn't eat in the hotel so I can't really comment on that. If I ever come back to Pompano Beach I would stay here for sure. The price was right for an amazing room. Just a notation that has nothing to do with the hotel. On my last night there while packing I received a call in my room and the man on the other line played to be a person at the front desk stating that he needed information to be inputted back into the computer. He said that our room keys won't work anymore because the computer went down and deactivated the cards. I did realize that this didn't sound right to me so I didn't give him anything so just be careful when staying here or anywhere. Thanks

1 Thank amtrak
amtrak,
We’re happy to hear from you, and we’re glad you chose to stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your beach front view, and found our accommodations comfortable and well stocked with all the necessities. I greatly appreciate you bringing the phone call you received to my attention, as all these types of transactions occur at the front desk and we would never call to request your information. This is cautious item to note for future travelers staying at any hotel. We are once again thankful for your review, and we hope you return for another family visit again soon.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I look for clean room, refrigerator and microwave, free breakfast and wifi. If I have those things I'm happy. I haven't needed any services, and I don't need the staff to go out of their way for me, so I don't know about those complaints.
I think the room if very spacious and comfortable, linens, bed, etc. There is no oven, but a full size fridge and stove top. Separate whirlpool bathtub in bathroom I haven't used. And a small standup shower that's okay. Hot water, water pressure, all good.
They have a spa, workout room, pool, I've not used any of those items. The higher floors do give a better view of the ocean and it's beautiful to wake up to in the am.
The free breakfast in plentiful. The parking is all valet, and is an extra charge. I look forward to staying here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
misodiva,
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your stay at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay, and it’s great to know our hotel met your satisfaction and expectations. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for writing.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
#10 of 36 in Pompano Beach
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#2 of 36 in Pompano Beach

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!