Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed September 1, 2013

It's a shame to rate the place low however, as clean as it is and as friendly as the staff has been, the hotel Is dog friendly and this attracts all the over the top pet owners. At lunch today there were 5 dogs in the lunch area of the lobby barking at each other while the rest of us watched with remnants of our relaxed weekend fading, welcome to petsmart. One lady had her dog sitting a table where we have been having breakfast. Dogs on the beach, dogs in the elevator dogs at breakfast. The beach was also very rocky and has a steep drop that was difficult for the older members of our party. I will not be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a water view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joaquin174
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Joaquin174,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate receiving your feedback, as well as your kind comments about our clean hotel and friendly staff. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered from other guests’ dogs during your visit. We do value you as our guest and hope that you'll visit us again. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We asked for: close to the beach, ocean view, room with kitchen, quiet.
We got: On the beach, super ocean view, excellent room with good noise insulation.
CAN we ask for more? Yes! The people working there are so nice with the clients! There is a happy feeling In this hotel. The people working at the front desk always answer with a smile. The breakfast buffet is always good, eggs, waffle, cereal, toast, oat meal etc. The people working in the kitchen, Tatiana and the others are singing and always happy!
In the lobby they have free fresh water with lemon, free cookies and there is also fresh coffe.
The area is quiet but if you don't want to drive ,bus 11 (1.75$) take you up to Fort Lauderdale downtown.
The beach is perfec. If you like to read a book the chairs are free and it is quiet. You like activities they rent kayak, water jet etc.
There is two swimming pools and a jacuzzi. Always clean.
For us, a paradise!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Bruno C,

Thank you writing a review about your experience at our Residence Inn Pompano Beach hotel. It’s wonderful to receive your complimentary feedback on our ideal location on the beach, our great amenities, as well as our friendly staff. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Tom Hastings

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The room was clean, staff was great and attentive. Good prices on drinks and access to the beach was great. We took advantage of jet sky rentals at the beach which it was a big savings from the fort lauradale area. Overall a great property for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

JRQ123,
Thank you for writing a review about your visit to Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We appreciate your kind comments about our clean accommodations and attentive staff. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay, as well as our beach front property. Please visit us again the next time you’re in the area or plan another beach trip. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel is super clean right on the beach. The room itself was oceanfront that fit 5 people comfortably with a roll-away. The kitchen was equipped with a full refrigerator, microwave, utensils, coffee pot and even a dishwasher. I also had two bathrooms and a washer/dryer in the room as well. The views were to die for. The free breakfast in the morning was plentiful and delicious. They had many choices but I did find that a lot of the times they would run out of something and the staff had to scurry along to fill it. They worked non-stop and tried their best to keep things clean. They are definitely over-worked but not one of them complained. The pool area was small and my kids utilized it mainly at night when the beach was too dark to swim. A few times they had a DJ playing by the pool but I didn't really get to enjoy it, too busy on the beach. The beach itself was very clean and the water even though was not blueish like in Miami Beach and it crystal clear. My boys actually were able to snorkel right off and saw plenty of fish. Another good thing about this hotel is that you are able to rent Jet-skis, canoes and other water fun equipment. Very convenient. We didn't eat in the hotel so I can't really comment on that. If I ever come back to Pompano Beach I would stay here for sure. The price was right for an amazing room. Just a notation that has nothing to do with the hotel. On my last night there while packing I received a call in my room and the man on the other line played to be a person at the front desk stating that he needed information to be inputted back into the computer. He said that our room keys won't work anymore because the computer went down and deactivated the cards. I did realize that this didn't sound right to me so I didn't give him anything so just be careful when staying here or anywhere. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank amtrak

amtrak,
We’re happy to hear from you, and we’re glad you chose to stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your beach front view, and found our accommodations comfortable and well stocked with all the necessities. I greatly appreciate you bringing the phone call you received to my attention, as all these types of transactions occur at the front desk and we would never call to request your information. This is cautious item to note for future travelers staying at any hotel. We are once again thankful for your review, and we hope you return for another family visit again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I look for clean room, refrigerator and microwave, free breakfast and wifi. If I have those things I'm happy. I haven't needed any services, and I don't need the staff to go out of their way for me, so I don't know about those complaints.
I think the room if very spacious and comfortable, linens, bed, etc. There is no oven, but a full size fridge and stove top. Separate whirlpool bathtub in bathroom I haven't used. And a small standup shower that's okay. Hot water, water pressure, all good.
They have a spa, workout room, pool, I've not used any of those items. The higher floors do give a better view of the ocean and it's beautiful to wake up to in the am.
The free breakfast in plentiful. The parking is all valet, and is an extra charge. I look forward to staying here again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

misodiva,
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your stay at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay, and it’s great to know our hotel met your satisfaction and expectations. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I checked in late Sunday night (7/28/13) for a 2 week stay the person checking me in was amazing, friendly, nice, and very helpful. My first week was great, no problems at all, room was clean and very spacious. But starting Saturday night (8/3/13) I had some very loud neighbors above me slamming, banging, stomping till about 1am in the morning. Since it was the weekend and I was not having to work I wasn't really to upset until all day Sunday the noise continue. Finally Sunday (8/4/13) at about 5:15pm I realize that things were not going to calm down at all and I was going to endure the same thing as the night before. Since I am here for business reasons I really need to get sleep and be focus the next day so I went and talked to the night supervisor. I explained my situation and asked to have my room changed so I did not have to go through this for the whole week I had left. He was very nice and I thought helpful and explained to me that they were booked and he couldn't change my room, which I understood but he did promise to talk to the general manager and get back to me and asked if I would be in my room. I told him I was but he NEVER called. Thinking that things would get better I went to work exhausted. Next night same thing, went down to the front desk 9:55pm, explained my situation to a different shift manager, he seemed indifferent and a little put out but called the room and said " The room below you is complaining that there is a lot of banging and stomping would you please try to keep the noise to min?" The noise was a little better stopped around 11pm but not great. Needless to say it is happening again tonight and i give up with trying to get any results. I would recommend that if you stay here ask for a 10th floor room so you don't have the same issues I have had. I was very disappointed since my company puts all of our traveling employees up at this establishment so I was expecting a far better service than I received.

Room Tip: top floor room so you don't have noise above you. This hotel also lets animals stay in the rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Kellie A,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and receiving your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. I sincerely apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered during your visit and your unhappiness with how it was handled. I will be sure to discuss this review with our staff inorder to make improvements for a more positive experience. I’m pleased to know that you liked our hotel otherwise, and found our clean and spacious accommodations well suited for your business travel needs. We value you as our guest and we do hope that you'll visit us again. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I decided to go to this hotel because there I could use a reasonable amount of marriot points for the room for me and my family. It is sort of far from Miami, but there are many things to do around. Great room, everything new. Great space for the 4 of us. Good balcony with ocean view on a side. Great service from everyone, including the "manager reception" that happens twice a week during one hour in the evening.
Right Next to the beach, which is also great. Nice swimming pool & spa. Nice Gym

Room Tip: The higher the better !
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Andresda,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We appreciate your complimentary feedback on our clean accommodations, excellence service, and all the amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. It’s great to hear our hotel was well suited for your family travels, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again for writing.

Chris Floyd, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
3 mi away
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach Central
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Po...
#19 of 38 in Pompano Beach
#4 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!