“Well shall return”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We had such a wonderful 4th of July. Fireworks as far as the eye could see. Breakfast every morning great pools, an awesome view if the lighthouse. And lots to do within 10 mins of your place. Well will return

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank onthego123-12
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

onthego123-12,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It’s great to hear you had a wonderful stay with us, and we’re happy to have been a part of your 4th of July celebration. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we look forward to your return visit. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my fourth stay at the Marriott Residence Inn in Pompano Beach (Ft. Lauderdale), FL. This hotel is right on the beach. The suites are large, well appointed, and modern. They include a full kitchen equipped with dishes, utensils etc. Our suite was a 2 room, 2 bath. Rooms are large and comfy. Very quiet as well; we never heard another guest. Another nice amenity is the full, cooked breakfast buffet provided each morning. We also enjoyed the excercise room (one of the best hotel excercise rooms I've seen), and the spin room. Three nights a week a happy hour buffet is provided as well. The staff is accommodating and responsive. I must say our rooms were not thoroughly cleaned, but cleaned well enough. There is also a nice spa with a whole locker room, changing area where we were able to take showers before we left (we had already checked out.)

This hotel is a great value and is an ideal place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite on the east side of the building towards the beach.
1  Thank jmbratto

jmbratto,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback on our hotel and friendly staff. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our spacious accommodations and the variety of amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not met with our excellence in service. I’m glad you liked our hotel otherwise and enjoyed your stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. I will address this issue with our housekeeping staff to improve our property and overall guest experience. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

My mother always told me, if you don't have anything nice to say, then keep it to yourself. Sorry mom, send me to bed without dinner, because I'm not listening to you this time around.

Let's start with the good. The staff was very friendly and was accommodating as possible. The location is great, right on the sand. The gym is large, and they have a well stocked lobby market for snacks.

That was the easy part. On to the more daunting task of listing the bad......

I had an extensive stay of over 7 weeks at this hotel, so I saw it all. While the valet staff is friendly and helpful, the parking lot and situation is a horror show. How the city even issued a permit to build this place with the limited parking is beyond me. Because of my extended stat, the woman at check in was very friendly, and suggested I check out the room before hand and make sure it's satisfactory. That should have been my first red flag. I had two valet carts full of stuff to take up, and I really did feel like going room shopping. Call it laziness if you will, but I took whatever room they gave me. Mistake.

The first week there, it was a daily stop at the front desk to request fixing the drain in the shower. It was very slow. I'm not sure if the water smelled, or it was the shower when the tiles got wet, but there was a definite funky odor. In fact, the room always felt dirty. The room was a decent size, with a full kitchen and fully stocked with housewares. Closer inspection of the areas behind, under and around the beds and TV/dresser areas found a crusty layer of dust. the walls around the shower door had severe water damage that had been ingoing for QUITE some time. the tile floor baseboards had several pieces corners and chunks missing. the room just felt old and neglected, which, in fact, it really was, causing me to sneeze an inordinate amount of times while in there. The gym was large, but not kept clean very well. Food from the hotel's "bistro" was on par with a Denny's, and $10 for a pint of Ben and Jerry's from the market? The complimentary breakfast buffet was lacking. Even with a waffle making station, many times I found moldy bagels, rotten fruit, and sour coffee creamer. Just make sure that if you do eat at the buffet, you don't sit under the air conditioning register, otherwise, you might get some dirty condensate water dripping into your oatmeal and on your head. Gross. Considering I saw at least three different maintenance men during my stay, this hotel horrendously under maintained, especially when comparing to other Marriott hotels and standards. Oh, I almost forgot about getting stuck in elevator #2. They are building a new Marriott two doors to the south of this one. STAY THERE!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Steve H
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Steve H,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you acknowledging that our staff was friendly and accommodating during your visit. I'm very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had and I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay and service you’ve come to expect from us. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Your valuable feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and continually improve our property. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This trip started out to be what I thought was a waste of hard earned money. Finding the place was a headache. Its located in a residental area. There were no shops, stores or restuarants near. When I arrived the valet Michelle was pleasant. She explained to me how the valet works and helped me with my bags. Fallon at the desk was very nice and the check in process was really quick and easy yet detailed. She answered every question without my having to ask her anything. The supervisor Tracy was also very nice and just as helpful. My room was a beautifu ocean view suite. I would have loved to see one of the oceanfront suites from the beach the rooms look huge. I will be booking an oceanfront in the future. I did eat at the bistro and the food was overly priced and not worth the money. My only suggestion is to bring your own beach towel if you don't want a "bath" towel for the pool or beach. The hotel is lovely and the staff makes it even more of a pleasure trip.

1  Thank bloc2bloc

bloc2bloc,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. I’m pleased to hear that our friendly staff made for an enjoyable stay with their warm hospitality and excellence in service. I’ll be certain to recognize Michelle, Fallon, and Tracey with a special commendation for their outstanding service during your visit. We look forward to seeing you again when you return for a stay in one of our oceanfront suites. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here for five days while my daughter attended a BeachDig sand volleyball camp. The location is one block from where the club practices, and on a nice private beach.

Pros:
- quiet clean beach
- queen bed suites with full kitchens
- on site restaurant is limited
- close to the lighthouse & inlet
- close to wave runner & other water sport rentals

Cons:
- valet only parking ($20 a day)
- no beach chairs / umbrellas for hotel guests. You have to pay $25 a day for them.

Overall ... I would stay here again. I also plan to check out the brand new Marriott Pompano Beach that is opening next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tlcksnyder

tlcksnyder,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us while your daughter attended a BeachDig Sand Volleyball Camp. We are proud to offer such a wonderful variety of amenities to our guests, and I’m pleased to hear these made for an enjoyable stay. Your feedback is important to us, as we always appreciate hearing from our guests on opportunities for improvement. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Awesome Staff and Beautiful Rooms! We had requested a room with two queen beds and received a two room suite with two full baths, kitchen area, laundry area, and a great view! The staff was great all the way around, offering complimentary bottles of water upon pulling up in our vehicle - very cheery and helpful at every request. We were offered a complimentary bbq cookout the evening we checked in, their normal Wednesday happy hour get together, and also had a complimetary breakfast the next morning, including eggs and sausage and waffles and cerial and yogart and fresh fruit, everything that you look for in a great complimentary breakfast. They also had some awesome spa specials and a very well stocked fitness room with lots of equipment that if we had stayed longer than one night I would have definitely taken advantage of. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Lynn S,
We’re happy to hear from you, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our friendly staff, spacious accommodations, and the wonderful variety of value added amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have stayed at this Marriott with our dog, several days at a time, during the Thanksgiving holidays over the past 3 years. After abusive treatment by one of the evening desk clerks last year, we have decided that the stress created by this person is not worth the cost and will never stay here again. Marriott should take more care in the desk help they hire or they will keep loosing customers We contacted Marriott Corporate but the woman we spoke to made us feel that she didn't care what happened and would do nothing about this. We decided not to send our comments to her for her boss to read.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert L
Ron K, Director of Hotel Operations at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2016

I do apologize that your previous stay with us wasn't an amazing one. We'd love to make it up to you and have your next stay with us as near to perfection as it can be. The Residence Inn Pompano Beach is under new ownership and is wrapping up an extensive renovation project in early 2017 and the hotel is even more amazing than before. If you return to the area, please consider us your "newest" home away from home in the Pompano Beach/Fort Lauderdale area. We'd love to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
3 mi away
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach Central
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Po...
#18 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Sands Harbor Hotel and Marina Pompano Beach

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!