“Very nice, we will stay there again!”
Review of The Forum

The Forum
Reviewed June 17, 2010

First off, “Yes” The Forum is a Christian meeting/convention center who rents out rooms. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not allowed, this is abundantly clear on their website. If feel you must ‘have a few drinks’ or suck back a few cancer sticks in your room you should look elsewhere.

If you’re afraid of Christians don’t worry, no one preaches at you or forces you to ‘believe’ a certain way. No one even asked my wife or me about our beliefs.

All that said however, if you’re looking for a clean, quite, safe place to stay at a very reasonable price this is it. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We had all the amenities we needed. Yes the bathroom is small but there’s plenty of room for an average size adult. I’m 6’1, 200 lbs and had no problem.

The complimentary breakfast is on par with any other hotel, even better than some of the more expensive places we’ve stayed.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. A problem back home caused us to cut or stay short by a day. They were very understanding and even though we checked out late they didn’t charge us for that day. I don’t know of any other place that would have done the same.

We will definitely stay with them again and have no issue recommending The Forum to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grayhawk54
There are newer reviews for The Forum

Reviewed May 30, 2010

I was a bit skeptical after reading some of the reviews but I booked it anyway because of the price and I am so happy I did. It was super clean, super quiet and extremely comfortable and a safe, happy, pleasant enviroment. True no alcohol or smoking are allowed which are the things that make hotels dirty. True that it has religious pictures and scriptures and offers prayer sessions for anyone willing to listen, but it's your choice. It kind of put things into prespectives for me. Choice is the key word. The staff was pleasant and accomodating. The location is remote but accessible if you have a car, which I did. I would definately be back as the price was very good for my 4 night stay at just over $200.00. The breakfast was the only complaint I have as everything is frozen and you can't and wouldn't want to bring back to the comfort of your room but if you are an adult looking for comfort, peace of mind, economically conscious and don't smoke, this is the best place for your money.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2010

This place is a mess!!!!! Stay away from it at all cost!!! We were in-town to celebrate my grandmother’s 70th bday and little did I know this place was horrible. Sheets were dirty and the floors heavily soiled. A big red spot was in the corner and we are still unsure what it was, but it looks like blood. NEVER STAY IN THIS PLACE IT SHOULD REALLY BE DEMOLISHED.

I would never recommend this place to anyone and the only way it would ever come in conversation is if I was telling them to stay the hell away from it. Please, do not list to some of the reviews on this site. If you are a clean person and don’t want to sleep in filth don’t even consider this as a means of housing. One of our family members had several small children with her and her room had no air conditioner. She made several calls for service and receive multiple promises and no one ever came. Never again!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010
5  Thank arachel35
Reviewed March 21, 2010

A Christian centre which rents out rooms like a hotel. No smoking and no alcohol policy which was fine for us as we are not bothered about drinking in the room and it is nice to be able to book a completely no smoking facility.

Friendly receptionist checked us in without problems.

We had a huge room which was more like an apartment - bedroom, living room & kitchen. Bathroom a bit small but didn't really inconvenience us.

Nice building with good security so we felt safer than in regular motels.

Breakfast let this place down as many of the items had not been replaced (including coffee) so there was a limited supply of food. A lady did eventually turn up to replace some things but did this very slowly and some containers were left empty.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2010

After reading several reviews, I was a little concerned about staying at this hotel. But it was one of the better values in the Ft. Lauderdale area. So I was quite surprised when we stayed here. Yes, there are religious indications everywhere in the hotel, but it had absolutely no affect on our stay here at this wonderful hotel. It's a 100% non-smoking hotel which is great because when booking via hotels.com or other booking sites, you cannot be guaranteed a non-smoking hotel. We normally don't drink in our hotel rooms anyway, so the non-drinking policy did not affect us either. The people at the front desk were very friendly.

This hotel was previously a facility for people recovering from cosmetic surgery, so that explains how the rooms and floors are laid out. The only incovenience was the small shower stalls that reminds me of the one I had when growing up. My wife and I are not overweight so it was not a big issue for us. The rooms are decorated nicely and it was a very quiet hotel. I loved the mattress as we both slept very well. I would recommend this hotel for people that don't want to overpay for a simple hotel stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2010

If you enter Fort Lauderdale into the search engine as a location it is possible to find this hotel which is located a few miles away. Be advised not to enter Fort Lauderdale into the satnav when trying to locate the hotel as you will end up in an area best avoided.

The premises provide clean, comfortable and well maintained and appointed rooms.

However, be aware of the no smoking, no alcohol on the premises policy of this lodgings located at a Christian conference centre which accommodates large groups.
The 18 or so bedrooms in a "wing" are located like the petals of a flower around a open central socialising/internet area and, therefore, can cause disturbance late at night by people having conversations, etc. as the sound insulation between the central area and bedrooms is minimal. It would appear to me that individuals/couples are fitted into any spare bedrooms that are left when groups have been accommodated together and could be intimidated by the presence of a large group who know each other.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2010

When I first entered the lobby of the hotel it was very obvious this was not an ordinary hotel. Religious music was playing and many religious picture and quotes hung on the walls. I had to sign a form stating that I would not smoke or drink. The FORUM website just states that no smoking is allowed. I'm not a big drinker, but I was hoping to have a few drinks and watch the football finals. On Sunday night from 8-10 I think some sort of revival was going on because I could hear loud christain music blaring in my 5th floor room. If the Forum website stated it was this type of hotel, I would not have booked the room. I find that very deceitful and it affected my vacation greatly. On a somewhat positive note, the room was a decent and clean. This is note a 3 start hotel. I would rate it no more than 2 stars.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
#29 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach

Been to The Forum? Share your experiences!