“Nasty Mold Infested Garbage Dump”
Review of The Forum

The Forum
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel and all of the offices in it should be shut down by the local health department. We went with my father in law who owns his own company in Construction for many decades. One look at the black and green spots on some of the interior walls and the disgusting smell was enough to let us know that this place is infested with mold. Furthermore my brother who was also with us had an immediate allergy attack upon checking in. he is allergic to various molds and allergens. My father in law took a walk on other floors and was equally disgusted at the moldy smell and stains all over the ceiling.
The sheets and all the furniture in our room also smelled moldy. We don't live locally but if we did we would report them.
Do yourself a favor and steer clear from this nasty place. Its not worth the $ and the managements stinks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Johanna F

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We booked at this hotel a few weeks ago not knowing that it was run by some sort of a ministry. The pictures looked great online, but the actual appearance was deplorable and their was a musty hotel.
Not being allowed to drink in the room did put a damper on the stay, but worst yet was the linen on the beds, the smell of the room, the location and the view - sorry there was no view -.
I tell you, even for the money we paid for this hotel, and it was cheap, we overpaid. the hotel is horrible, less than a 2 star.
One good thing, the breakfast was edible. Customer service was horrible, the staff were not helpful AT ALL. I tell you. I give this hotel a 1 and no more, and that is only because of the breakfast

Room Tip: There is no good tip. Oh you can travel to and from the airport for about 8.00 you do not need to t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ezioma B
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have stayed at the forum one other time and had a positive experience. However, this last time was less than positive. We arrived 10 minutes before 3 (check in time), our room was not ready and would be ready within 20 minutes--which was fine. After about 25 minutes we were told our room was ready. We had reserved a king sized bed on line at the hotel's website-NOT a third party site. We got to the room and it had a double bed, so my husband went down to the desk and asked to be changed to a king room, which was what we had reserved. All he got was a run around, after being completely ignored for 15 minutes, no rooms available, well room was available but for more money etc, etc, etc. Long story short, we checked out and will not stay at the Forum again. what good is a reservation when it is not going to be honored?

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Holly K
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The one positive the place has is that is very quiet. Other than that in the 3 nights I stayed there I killed 3 small roaches. I reported the incident to the front desk but they claim they never seen roaches there before (of course, what where they going to say). The place is very old and it used to be a hospital. When I walked in the 5th floor I could immediately tell that it was a maternity ward. Certainly not the look and feel of a normal hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jose S
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Anyone that has a problem with this hotel obviously did not notice the price per night. This place is exactly what we were looking for. Quiet, clean and cheap. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. I've paid far more and gotten far less from many other hotels over the years. The only thing resembling an old hospitals is the hallways which are super wide. Not a bad thing at all in my opinion ;)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leo Z
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This is was a former hospital! When we booked this hotel we had no idea about that. When we arrived the outside looked already strange for hotel. The lobby was ok. But as soon when you step out of the elevator you know that something is horribly wrong. The hotel rooms are former patient rooms. The rooms look grey and dark. The shower was in horrible condition and mold - infested. Never again.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Colli81
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is a converted hospital and it still has that hospital/retirement home smell. Yuck! We were just passing through and catching an early flight the next morning so we booked it last second on Hotels.com. How it rated a 3.7 on there I have no idea. We went out and bought a candle at the near by Walmart to burn in our room all night. The bathroom was functional and hadn't been changed from when it was a hospital. The beds were HORRIBLE! I sat on the edge of one and could feel the springs in the thing. I would have had more comfort from a folded sheet for a pillow then what they had on those beds. I slept in the middle of the other bed because both sides were broken down.
We didn't stay for the free breakfast the following morning because as I mentioned we had to catch an early flight. Not that it could have made much of a difference. I slept better sitting up on my Southwest flight then at this place.
It is not worth more the $40 a night if you're going to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
#24 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Sea Cove Motel
Sea Cove Motel
#29 of 38 in Pompano Beach

Been to The Forum? Share your experiences!