All reviews newer hotel front desk hotel is spotless great hotel complimentary breakfast breakfast area bathroom door excellent location easy access pleasant stay clean rooms convenient location would stay again fort lauderdale hotel room diana inns
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020

The Hampton Inn at Fort Lauderdale Pompano is a four star hotel at a two star price. Good breakfast which has plenty of seating located in a pleasant area of the hotel. This hotel is brand spanking new, with a small pool and plenty of eating options within walking distance. Jolly Chriss.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank luckyj_12
JoelT1855, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for your review. It sounds like you had a great time and we hope to see you again when its time to relax.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Great hotel, great staff and service! Late night check-in staff was very helpful and friendly which was much appreciated after a long day of travel. Breakfast was great with many items available and they varied daily!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank mheberhart
JoelT1855, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed the breakfast and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I was here for a week. Great staff, Anthony the manager first class gentleman helped with accommodations. It's clean, affordable not far from the beaches. great food nearby, so many great things to say about it.

Room tip: in the back high floors
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
JoelT1855, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. I'm glad Anthony could make your stay more enjoyable, thank you.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

My experiences at this hotel has always been a GREAT one! I find making my reservation an easy process as well as checking in. The staff is friendly and very supportive to my needs. I have had the opportunity to stay here several times and my accommodations were great. There is always on hand snack or coffee/tea available and their breakfast is suitable for the start of my day.
I am often welcomed by Mr. Anthony who takes the time to secure my room and check in on me as I venture to and from the hotel. It surely is a great feeling to know you feel secure and the staff is very accommodating. I look forward to my next opportunity to stay at this Hampton In location.

Room tip: Ofcourse, the higher the floor the greater the view.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
JoelT1855, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you on your next vacation.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

I’ll start this off citing that I attempted to contact the general manager (at the time of this review) Joel [--] multiple times to see if he could provide any insight into these problems and was ignored. After multiple follow up attempts, I figured my next best option is to help someone else avoid the problems we had. We are diamond members and typically don’t feel compelled to write reviews either way, but since I use them so often to determine where I should stay, felt this was worthy of a contribution.
Night 1, the fire alarm went off twice during the night, once around 2AM and then again shortly after 7AM. Both events lasted under a minute and we attributed it to ‘bad luck’ and went on with our day. Night 2, the fire alarm went off again shortly after 7AM and we approach the front desk who was less than helpful and attempted to blame “kids” for night 2 and was “surprised” to hear it had happened the night prior. This meant either the staff at this hotel doesn’t communicate at all or they are hoping to leverage ignorance to avoid addressing the problem
From previous experiences I know that a kid pulling the fire alarm would fully trigger the system and require a visit from the fire department to validate it was truly a false alarm, where the short duration of the alarm sounded so far made it seem more like a bug in the system. We were partially thankful of this as it meant we didn’t have to evacuate, while simultaneously disconcerted that the fire safety system may not actually work at all.
It got worse. Night 3 we arrived at the hotel (Christmas night) and were advised that the elevator was broken, staying on the top floor, this meant 7 flights of stairs. The front desk attended shrugged off the issue (he wouldn’t have to go upstairs after all) instead of offering any alterative accommodations. We left the next morning at 4AM to avoid getting woken up by the fire alarm.
There are so many hotels in the Pompano Beach area that you’re much better off staying somewhere else and trying your luck there. It’s unfortunate all around, I recognize that it may be that Joel [--] has just been handed a bad situation and can’t do anything about it, but he would have had to try to explain that, and evidently that’s not worth his time.
On the positive side the building is relatively new and seemed to be in great shape (just needs a new elevator and fire alarm system). In my opinion, the best case for the property is that they are bought out by a different hotel chain and/or go under new management.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank patrickrQ2735DQ
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear patrickrQ2735DQ,

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues encountered, and we are working with our team to correct the problems and avoid recurrence going forward. Your feedback is genuinely helpful, as it is the first step in identifying areas where we can better our guest services. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again.