“Paradise Found”

Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We arrived at the Ebb Tide Resort to beautiful blue skies, warm breezes and swaying palms. We were warmly greeted by friendly laid back staff and given our keys to our suite. We stayed in 26, our home away from home. We walked out our door to the heated pool. We swam, walked the beach and collected sea glass. Long, calm days on the Ocean where all your stress goes away. Eight short days later we had to go home to the cold snowy north. That was the only rough part of our trip. Thank you Ebb Tide for a true Holiday! We hope to return soon.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed December 28, 2010

The location is prime, right on the ocean, with beautiful views. The grounds are well kept, with a clean heated pool. The staff are very friendly. The rooms are clean.

However, the rooms are showing their age. The windows do not function properly. We had one window that would not stay open without a prop, and the other window would not open at all. We asked the office twice to have the window opened, but no one came. The AC may have been effective, but was very noisy, and we wanted the ocean sounds.

The furniture is old and worn, with tears in the arms & cushions. The mattress & pillows were not comfortable, and should be replaced. The linens were old & worn. The available Wi-Fi signal would not penetrate into our room. I went over to the office to see if anything could be done, but the router is fixed in the laundry room, and no solution or compensation was suggested.

The window blinds have several broken slats. The walls are paper thin, and you will hear all of your neighbors activities (and vice versa). The doors on most of the units seem to challenge most of the guests, as every entrance & exit causes a great deal of noise.

Although the location is wonderful, the facility is run down. You should recognize that the price reflects the location, not the quality of the facility.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anonfromnowhere
kkaram, Owner at Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2010

New Management took over this property in September 2009. We have completed renovations in many of the rooms but not all have been completed at this time. We do understand that the hotel was in very bad shape when we first took it over and we are working diligently to complete all the renovations by the end of 2011. Thank you for complimenting our staff and the cleanliness of the room and the grounds as we are trying to pass all the necessary standards to be designated as a Superior Small Lodging, which we acquired in the beginning of 2010. We know we have a long way to go but when you have a property location such as we do, Paradise is just footsteps away.

Karen

Reviewed December 22, 2010

The Ebb Tide is a wonderful cozy beachfront hotel with a friendly staff and great location. The beach is the best in South Florida. I have stayed there several times and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Ebb Tide, Pompano Beach, Florida. The staff and other guests were all so friendly and nice and we enjoyed their company around the pool area. This resort is beautiful and charming. The ocean is only a few feet away. We plan to come back again every year.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Ebb Tide made my quick business trip feel part vacation. There was FREE parking right near the entrance, a kitchenette in my room, and the enclosed campus felt so safe. But what really made the stay was the staff. They were polite, friendly and actually made me and my husband feel so welcome. Lots of hotels and people have lost that kind of caring. I'll definitely be staying there again as soon as I can.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2010

My wife and I traveled to Pompano Beach along with our brother in law. His wife does not like Florida so she stayed home. I had done some research and based on what I read I chose the Ebb Tide. We did not book it ahead of time. Since it was the off season we figured they would have rooms available. My assumption was correct. We stayed in rooms 16 and 17. Both are downstairs with a view of the ocean. My wife and I stayed in the larger room with the small kitchen, while my brother in law stayed in the smaller room with a small fridge and micro in a closet. We spent a lot of time snacking under the Tiki hut. We swam in the pool and enjoyed the warm ocean. The rooms were not fancy but they were functional. They both had a large tiled shower which I like. It appears as if they removed tubs at some point in the past to create these large showers. Insect wise we were visited by one palmetto bug, one beetle, and some ghost ants during our visit. We did not find this to be upsetting as we were in hot moist Florida. The kitchen had all of the cooking utensils, glasses, and plates that you would need. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. The air conditioner did it's job well. The tv was of adequate size and of recent vintage. The place has a tall fence with several gates separating it from the street. You have to use a code to enter. This is a good security feature in my opinion. They did have a couple of shuffleboard courts. We meant to play but just never got to it. I am not sure where they keep the equipment for the game. We ate at Joe's Grill and Brother Tuckers. We enjoyed our meals at both places. Brother Tuckers has an extensive beer menu. The Ebb Tide does allow pets. Usually I am not a big fan of dogs in vacation rentals, but it was not a problem for us as the place was not that crowded and I only noticed a couple of well behaved dogs accompanied by well behaved owners. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheltercove
Reviewed October 24, 2010

CLEAN, quiet, right on the ocean and relaxing.. Surprised at the price . We stayed with our 2 grown mid twenty daughters and they also loved the quiet, clean and affordable nature of the Ebb tide. Tiki's, Tables, chairs to relax and watch, the sun go up and down :).. The manager is professional and all staff were very helpful!! Lovely stay, we will be back...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Coral Tides Resort and Beach Club
Coral Tides Resort and Beach Clu...
#22 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Sands Harbor Hotel and Marina Pompano Beach
Sea Steps Suites
Sea Steps Suites
#7 of 38 in Pompano Beach

Been to Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!