“PERFECT PLACE IN Paradise”

Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at Ebb Tide after a long search for the perfect place to stay on the beach. Ebb Tide is a beautiful quaint place off the main strip. If you are looking for the right place to take the love if your life...search no more. The rooms were clean, customer service was great and everything we needed was there. The beach is a walk right out the back gate and the balcony perfect for drinking coffee in the early morning as you watch the sun come up. We will definitely be returning and hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Susan was very nice and helpful in the office, she was so accommodating and on top of everything. We changed from a hotel room set up to a last minute availability in a suite. Great choice! Was quite and peaceful with great views. We enjoyed a relaxing 5 days there. Karen, the owner, was also very nice and easy to work with. We would go back again.

The only thing that would have made our stay better would have been a king sized bed. That's just what we are used to at home. Much easier to go to a bigger bed for those who would have a queen bed at home than switch to a smaller one. Otherwise, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great place to enjoy the beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was my second trip to the ebb tide. I love the quiet atmosphere and that its right on the beach. Down the street there is a water park and playground that my kid loves. Stayed in room 10. Love the full kitchen but bed was not that comfy. Also, not happy about having to buy regular coffee. I think it should be provided for free as a courtesy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We arrived there mid afternoon and I was told my room was not ready, mind you the reservation for a weeks stay for top dollar was made months in advance. So, we went and had something to eat and returned around 4ish, ahhhh my room which included a kitchen and such was ready....LOL...They have a storage room for maid carts and cleaning stuff right next to the office, what they did was quickly clean out this storage area which did have a bed in it, the kitchen was in the bathroom which consisted of a HUGE frig and a microwave on a plywood shelve. The room smelled of cleaning agents and ir was located right on the street,,,,like OMG...that was the only thing they had available, as I said, my reservation was made months in advance. The other units seemed ok being that it was like 100 years old but the storage room was the pits...It was late and I was tired so I sleep in the uncomfortable bed the one night and than spent another day trying to find a decent place to stay, we did and that was that.
So a word to the wise, there are many unscrupulous people out there be careful when booking in line, you never know what you're going to get! These people were wrong in trying to push off a storage area for a hotel room with a kitchenette, guess they were pretty desperate for the almighty dollar.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank john j
kkaram, Owner at Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

I have read your review of my hotel and offer the following. There is not a room next to the office that we use to store maid carts or other cleaning material in. Check in time is 3:00 pm and earlier if the room is ready. There has not been one incident of a late check in this entire winter season. You ordered a standard queen room from the online travel agencies who do not have a standard queen room with a kitchen in their inventory. They do have a 2 double bed studio as well as a oceanfront king studio with kitchens. The prices for these rooms are more expensive than what you chose to spend. Please read over the descriptions or call the hotel before booking so that you may be better informed of what each and every room is appointed with. We are sorry for your experience with this hotel but we are very transparent on our website and cannot excuse your description. A 1 star for the location indicates that you did not give a fair review of this property as this location is by far the best location in all of South Florida. Karen Karam

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband found this hotel by google maps, walking up the beach on line. He was checking out the view from a hotel we were considering & saw this one. He checked all the websites & they all said it was full, but for some chance, he called them anyway. Come to find out, they had 5 rooms for a really good price! Our room was perfect for us & had the greatest view of the ocean & the pool. The only negatives are that they didn't sweep the room out until our 4th day & that I saw 1 large water bug in the sink one night! I'm sure they would have cleaned everyday if we had asked, but we didn't push it. The place was so quite that we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves! The 2 ladies that run the place are so nice & the staff are really great too! We walked to almost everything we needed & drove a short distance to the casino, the horse track, & Miami beach! We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Room 19 has one of the best views. It is upstairs on the street side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Ebb Tide was perfect for my wife and I. Great location and clean rooms and it's very reasonable considering your a few steps from beautiful " Pompano Beach " Great place to stay and the staff is so nice and friendly.

New Englanders

Room Tip: First floor was perfect
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My daughter and I planned a last minute escape from this never ending winter, and the Ebb Tide provided the perfect remedy. A quiet, low-key boutique hotel, this place is exactly how I remember vacationing in Florida with my family when I was a kid in the 70's. There is a courtyard pool, small but clean and sparkling, and surrounded by towering palm trees. Floating on my back, I felt like I was 12 again!! The beach comes right up to the front gates of the hotel so it is a fabulous location for beach lovers. There are several tiki huts, a large pergola with tables and chairs for shade lovers, and nice loungers for sun seekers poolside. Beach chairs and beach umbrellas can be rented daily, or purchased at the nearby Walgreens.
The rooms are clean and spacious, with a bit of an eclectic hodgepodge of furniture and fixtures, which give it a cottage-feel. We had a kitchenette with full fridge ( which we stocked with ice and bevvies along with snacks and breakfast foods). There is a coffee maker, microwave, stove and sink. We prepared our own light breakfast and lunches and went out to dinner every night, but some folks made use of the grills onsite and the smells of BBQ were delicious. A comfortable king sized bed with a futon pull out makes this room perfect for a small young family. We think we had the best room (16) simply due to the fabulous sunrises that greeted us every morning. Sipping tea on the beach, and listening to the waves is a great way to start the day
This corner of Pompano beach was perfect as you could walk to almost everything you would need. Grocery, pharmacy, The Briney pub, Razzleberries ice cream, the beach Grill and a pizza place all within 2 blocks. We drove to the supermarket, fine dining,and the famous Dandee Doughtnuts!
Thank you Susan, and Ebb Tide for a wonderful escape well away from the crowds of most resorts....and from the snow!!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor facing the ocean. You'll feel like you own a piece of the beach!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family